2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: Nitroliscious

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Review

By Danny on

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a little Benz SLK55 AMG and I wanted something to haul stuff around and for use in snow and bad weather. The Nitro looks awesome and has some nice features. I originally wanted an R/T but then I figured that since this was really just my "bad weather" car, why spend the extra money? I didn't need leather or chrome wheels. The 4.0 with an extra 50 horsepower would have been nice, but I will make some mods to the 3.7 to jack it up by a few HP and it will be fine for what I need it to do. Also, rear seat leg room is much better than in other small SUV's.

Gotta love the integrated ipod hookup. I also like the little storage box on the left of the dashboard. My EZ-Pass thingy fits perfectly in there. I don't like attaching it to the window so I just keep it in there and whip it out at toll booths. The optional speaker system is great too.

The seat needs a wider range of adjustment. The hatch should open a bit higher I think. Would have liked to be able to get the 5 speed auto on the 3.7, or better yet, the stick shift should be available on the SLT too.