2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Review: Love/Hate

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Review

Love/Hate
By SB on

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love so many things about the Nitro, standard features, comfort, cargo room, etc. But I hate the fact it's been to the service department 3 times in the last month for the same problem (1600, 2200 & 2400 miles). he remote (keyless) entry has caused the Nitro to go haywire 3 times when the unlock button is pressed. This causes the Malfunction light to come on, and prevents all the computer modules from communicating with each other. First the dealer reset the computers, then they replaced the main (gateway) computer module. Took it back today, not sure what they have planned now. If they don't get it fixed this time, I'll be requesting a new Nitro, because other than that I love it.

Looks. Best looking vehicle on the road in my opinion! I think the front seats are very comfortable. Fold down seats with plenty of cargo room and lots of tie down hooks. Ample leg room in back for passengers,

Need an "oh crap" handle in front on passenger side (has them in rear). Obvious electric/computer bugs need to be worked out. Improved gas mileage (avg 16.5 city/hwy but worse when driving after Malfunction light is lit). More foot room on driver side, but not a big deal once used to it.