Great vehicle for the money, very happy!
By Zel on
2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I wanted the Nitro since I saw the commercials when they first came out. I had another year left on my XB lease, but wanted to wait to see what people had to say about the Nitros after owning them a few months. A friend of mine bought one soon after they came out and his has been trouble free the whole time. I bought one on 5/16/07 after extensive research and comparison to other vehicles. I will use it mainly for work and occasional vacation trips. It will have to haul around my tools, in hot city driving and be able to move in snow and ice. I also want to tow a boat one day. I now have 1000 miles and wanted to wait until now to see if any problems popped up, but so far it has been great!
Favorite Features
The exterior looks, the dash layout, the fold flat split bench, the interior room, the towing capacity, the available options. "TIP start", "lane change" turn signals. Generally, the Nitro feels strong and sturdy on the road even at higher speeds, like a bigger truck, but without being sluggish.
Suggested Improvements
Make the "Load n' Go" available on all models. The fuel mileage could be better, I dont seem to be getting what is advertised. The factory warranty is on 3yrs/36,000 miles, and the factory extended warranties are overpriced.