2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Not Happy With My Nitro
By Kelly on 06/11/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my vehicle for about a year and a half. I have had it into the shop 6 times. I have had 2 recalls and several other issues. I have had the vehicle recalled for stalling (after I had already experienced the stall, which could have caused a serious accident), as well as I had a cracked roof rail, panels came loose over the seat belt on passenger side, air conditioner quit working today at 26,000 miles, the rear inside light will only come on if you hit it (Dodge says its a manufacturing problem) loose carpet, loose console covering, seat had to be removed to fix the carpet, and, the stain resistant seats do not resist anything.

Great Vechile Would Recommend
By jdoggntiro on 06/11/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great lower priced SUV, this is it. If you haven't noticed the people that complain about the Nitro have bought the cheaper version. They have three versions the SXT, the lower priced, the SLT the medium priced, and the RT the higher priced. I recommend the SLT, comes with sun roof, uconnect and it doesn't have that ugly plastic. Very clean, love it.

I wouldn't buy another one
By karen on 05/26/08 23:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007R/T in Feb. A manager was driving it. It has 6700 on it now. It. Making a chattering noise from the front end. At times it seems to get louder. Two dealerships called Chrysler and they know about the problem? But they don't what it is and they don't know how to fix it? They say it is safe to drive? How do they know if they don't know what's wrong, or fixing it?

Bad choice
By oldmanjob on 05/23/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it as a demo with 930 miles on it. Was in the shop for the first week of ownership. Replaced cracked roof rails, steering sensor and the ABS sensor. Took a week to figure out which sensor was keeping the ABS, steering stabilizer and traction control lights on. Quality control is awful. Should never had traded in my PT Cruiser

Love my Nitro
By LOVE IT!!! on 05/21/08 04:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this vehicle! Plenty of head and leg room! My kids can stand up in the back without touching their heads to the ceiling! Lots of room! This vehicle handles really well around corners and into small parking spots. Cargo room, you can get lots of stuff back there. We bought a liner for in the back. If there would be any spills then it stays on the liner and not in the Nitro! The radio/satellite/CD have great sound and are centrally located and easy to reach. Comfortable seats. The exterior is very impressive! You get lots of looks at it and people asking what kind of vehicle is that??? LOVE IT!

Average
By JBARRI on 05/19/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since purchase, I've had no major problems but a few concerns. The 1-2 shift is harsh when cold, a slight whistle sound from the AC system and the glaring lack of a rear AC vent for a vehicle of this size annoys me. Gas mileage hovers at 21MPG but only when driven like a baby carriage. Everything else is fine and I'm impressed considering the price I paid.

Fun fun fun
By sawdustalley on 05/19/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just got the Nitro r/t 1mt ago for my wife we love this veh, had a 03 Cadillac CTS and by far this is a better vehicle to drive and just love the looks inside and out it will make heads turn as you drive by someone,

Great Vehicle
By Family of Four on 05/19/08 04:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had the Dodge Nitro for almost a year. It is sharp looking and has a roomy interior. We have not had any problems with this vehicle and love to drive it. We have two young kids and they can stand up inside when getting into their seats. Lots of cargo space. It has lots of power for a V-6 engine. Great sound with the CD/Radio/Satellite. We tow with it and the tow/haul button is conveniently located. The only thing I would say that I thought would be better was the fuel economy. It gets the average gas mileage. As a family it is safe and drives well for an SUV. Hope this helps you out on making your decision to get one or not!

Luv Our Nitro
By quarterpat on 05/18/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our Nitro as a program car with 20K on it. We have had several small SUVs previously, a Honda CR-V and most recently a Santa Fe, but this fits our purposes better. The fuel economy is around 20 in the city - because we drive reasonably. Have not really had it on the road. The economy improved when we had the transmission flashed (it did hesitate between 30-40 MPH). There is a TSB out on this issue. Yes, it rides a bit more truck-like than the other SUVs we have owned, but we don't seem to mind that because it is still comfortable and steady.

problems
By deezeebean on 05/06/08 16:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had nothing but problems with this vehicle, driver window broke, had stalling problem ended up being computer recall, automatic unlock from inside broke, plastic bars on top lifted from front needing to be completely replaced now I worry about leakage. To top it all off dealership (Sandoval Dodge Las Cruces New Mexico) was not helpful or nice, after several problems after first purchased I asked owner to buy back car from me, he refused stating he had enough cars right now. Unacceptable. My first and last Dodge

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.