Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Love It
By Linds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Nitro..Dodge had no problem taking my truck and fixing the recalls...Every manufacturer makes mistakes get em fixed and u will love ur truck. I could get better gas mileage but everything else about the Nitro makes up for it! Most definitely a head turner, caught my eye the moment I saw it on the lot!

Favorite Features

The Sunroof was the selling point for me!

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage

I am done with Dodge Vehicles
By Cpittman

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I stumbled upon this site just now and can't believe how many others have had the exact same issues with their Nitro as I have. Snapped door handles, wipers that just quit (at the worse times), window motors that went out (a yr into owning the vehicle), uncarriage leaks from the front and rear, TERRIBLE gas mileage, dashboards lights that would all go out and vehicle stall. I was in a bad situation when I got the truck and pressed for time so I wasn't able to research this thing like I should have. If I could go back, I NEVER would have purchased this truck and the moment I am able, I'm getting rid of it!

Best SUV ever Purchased
By 07 R/T

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have almost 75,000 miles on this now and it still runs great. My only gripe is the noisy rear carrier bearing. Overall love it, the 4.0 has awesome power and performance.

Favorite Features

4.0l V6

Suggested Improvements

Fix the noisy rear.

Disappointed Buyer
By Disappointed Buyer

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love the look of the Dodge Nitro but it has not been a reliable car. It's possible I received a lemon because I have had the following problems.. 1. Back Windshield Wiper snapped in half the second time it was used. 2. At least twice a month the dash board lights all come on, the bells start ringing and the car stalls for a moment and then runs again. 3. 2 of the 4 windows do not work. 4. 2 of the 4 door handles snapped in half so you have to roll down the working window to open the door from the outside. 5. Windshield wipers stall when it rains hard. (Almost had an accident from this). 6. Brakes making noises. Called Chrysler regarding recalls. They said vin doesn match recalls.

Favorite Features

Style of car

Suggested Improvements

I believe they released the car too soon. I suggest if they want consumers to continue to purchase their product, they should own up to their mistakes and make them right. Trying to get out of repairing their mistakes by saying your vin number don't match a recall list is unreal.

Nitro Has been a Great Car/SUV!!
By Makadoodle

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The dealership was awesome to work with! This is the 1st SUV I have ever owned. I have had 3-Chrysler 300M since 1999. Great performance-Good Mileage-Lots of people ask me, "What is that your driven, WOW, I love it!!

Favorite Features

My GIG system - The interior room - Gas Mileage for a 4WD

Suggested Improvements

Add a DVD player to watch while driving for the kids