2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Total mistake!
By RudysMomma on 11/24/08 15:37 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since the night I bought this car 12/31/07 it has been a mistake. The night I drove it off the lot the radio died because it blew the fuse. It does that every 3 months or so. Every other time the radio dies and has to be replaced completely. The roof rails have rattled and been loose since day one. They have been replaced 2x under warranty and still rattle. The brackets holding the seats were all rusted and had to be replaced. The door hinges are rusting. The side panel in cargo area was warped and was replaced. Part of dash was bubbling and was replaced. Now the transmission is making noises and hesitating. My driver seat back won't adjust at all. Been a problem since day one. I hate this car

2007 NITRO R/T 4.0 ONLY
By karen nitro R/T on 09/22/08 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 nitro r/t nitro. I put this info once before. I have an answer now. I'm having a problem with chattering in front end. It's the serpentine belt. Chrysler can't fix this problem. I had it in the shop twice. The service told me that Chrysler don't touch it. A service rep. came out. He called the eng. They sent out some parts to put on it but, the problem isn't fixed. It's better but, sometimes it's still just as loud. I took it over to the dealership. I was getting all of my receipts to send to my atty. The ser. Mgr. Heard it doing it again. Took it in for service and he's gone. I called my atty. They said I have a case for the lemon law. I was told niitro r/t wasn't designed for that size eng?

R/T review
By PA R/T Owner on 09/02/08 05:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Inferno Red R/T for about 2 months now and for the most part I am pleased. I love the exterior looks and the torque on the 4.0L V6 is awesome. I live in a very hilly part of Pennsylvania so gas mileage is not the greatest. I average about 13- 14 mpg/city. Also the build quality is a little sub par. Since I have had the vehicle the transmission has leaked, the rear door and hatch panels rattle like crazy with music and the roof rails needed to be replace. End the end. I really love this car. Chrysler just needs to do a better job with their quality control.

Engine noise requires ear plugs
By Bob on 08/19/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I own an SLT with the 4.0 engine. It emits tremendous engine noise (sounds like piston slap) under light to heavy loads. Per dealer and factory this is normal for this engine. It is totally not acceptable for comfortable driving. In June the factory rep. stated there would be a fix by way of a service bulletin but this has never occurred. All other facets of the vehicle have been very acceptable.

Work vehicle
By Kevin on 08/16/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My company bought a Nitro SXT 4x4 as a work vehicle for me that had a decent amount of cargo space, easily parked in NYC, had 4 wheel drive, and was relatively inexpensive. The lifetime powertrain warranty was another big plus. I've had a few minor problems with it including a collapsed driver's seat and cracked roof rail, but aside from that and taking care of the recalls, it's been 17 relatively trouble free months and 35,000 miles. Despite handling that's not so confidence inspiring, it's comfortable, does extremely well in the snow, looks great, and performs well for the money.

Stay away from the Nitro
By squig29 on 08/07/08 00:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Nitro for a little over a year now & absolutely hate this vehicle. Here are the problems I have had so far: park brake does not hold vehicle on slight incline unless you give it that extra little pull to the last notch, park brake boot zipper splitting 5 times dealer glued it closed & say that was chryslers fix, it split open the next morning), truck completely shut off while I was driving, roof rails lifted up, pass seat squeaks, a/c isn't very cold, can't roll up pass window from driver side, unlock switch actually locked all doors, seal on rear pass window replaced, tire press dings in cold temps, seat belt warning when no one in pass seat key fob issue when vehicle running

nightmare nitro
By kroyman on 08/01/08 05:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my nitro r/t June of 07 had only 2 months before I started having problems first the suspension was making noises the dealership acted like it was no big deal tried several things to fix didn't get it right until the third visit they said it was a body mass dampener as soon as I got the car back from the dealer a multitude of things started to act up plastic wheel coverings creaked when turning power steering pump making whistling noise had it back to the dealer twice on that they told me it was inherent to the vehicle and to contact Chrysler customer service instead I contacted lemon law atty. This vehicle has other problems as well drivers side window, a/c, time without my car 36 days

Love the looks, not the reliability
By mixed on 07/23/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with this vehicle because it looks different - not the same old thing. Seats are comfortable for me, steering and brakes are responsive. Lots of luggage room. Then it stalled while I was driving 75 mph on the interstate - twice. Several recalls later and that problem has been corrected. Rear seal leaked, interior plastic is warped in a few places, sunroof leaked. I like having a reliable vehicle and I'm not certain that is what I have with my Nitro. I drive close to 2,000 per month and I like knowing that I can get in, keep my gas tank full and my oil changed and go wherever I want to without worrying about reliability. Not sure that is what I have with my Nitro- shame!

Dodge - Get better engineers
By Jim on 07/19/08 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 1 1/2 years and 35,000 I have never had such a love/hate feeling for a vehicle. Good style and good ride, MPG ok for the size(19/23). Computer system, water pump, roof rails, wiper motor and switch have been replaced under warranty. Have had 2 recalls so far. Roof rails are cracked and rattling again(very poor design)and this will be my last visit under warranty. Not sure I want to own this Dodge when it's out of warranty coverage.

2007 Nitro
By beckyv84 on 07/07/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the best mid- sized inexpensive SUV's I've driven or rode in. It's a smooth ride and definitely an attention getter. I've gotten as many compliments on this as I did on my Formula Firebird! The cabin is roomy and versatile and the electric outlet is great for charging my camera batteries! The only downsides I can point out are the ability to hear outside noise, (It's not over the top, but not as quiet as I would have expected), and it would be nice if the back hatch opened a little higher than it does. It would also be nice if there was a back hatch release on the key fob. Overall, I feel it is an exceptional vehicle for the price and I enjoy it immensely.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.