Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Stay Away!
By LMB

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 nitro yeah worst thing me an my husband ever did. As soon as it hit 30,000 miles it was in the shop at least a week out of every month if not more. Not one person wants to help find out what is wrong with it. Vibration at 65 mph Yep been there, new Transmission, torque converter, drive shaft you name it we have been there still not right. When you come to a stop an take off you can give it all you got to make it go then it like stalls but not to a stop just doesn't get up an go. Talked about trading it in but they don't wanna even give you what its worth.

Stay away!

Love It
By Linds

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Nitro..Dodge had no problem taking my truck and fixing the recalls...Every manufacturer makes mistakes get em fixed and u will love ur truck. I could get better gas mileage but everything else about the Nitro makes up for it! Most definitely a head turner, caught my eye the moment I saw it on the lot!

The Sunroof was the selling point for me!

Improve gas mileage

I am done with Dodge Vehicles
By Cpittman

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I stumbled upon this site just now and can't believe how many others have had the exact same issues with their Nitro as I have. Snapped door handles, wipers that just quit (at the worse times), window motors that went out (a yr into owning the vehicle), uncarriage leaks from the front and rear, TERRIBLE gas mileage, dashboards lights that would all go out and vehicle stall. I was in a bad situation when I got the truck and pressed for time so I wasn't able to research this thing like I should have. If I could go back, I NEVER would have purchased this truck and the moment I am able, I'm getting rid of it!

Best SUV ever Purchased
By 07 R/T

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have almost 75,000 miles on this now and it still runs great. My only gripe is the noisy rear carrier bearing. Overall love it, the 4.0 has awesome power and performance.

4.0l V6

Fix the noisy rear.

Disappointed Buyer
By Disappointed Buyer

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love the look of the Dodge Nitro but it has not been a reliable car. It's possible I received a lemon because I have had the following problems.. 1. Back Windshield Wiper snapped in half the second time it was used. 2. At least twice a month the dash board lights all come on, the bells start ringing and the car stalls for a moment and then runs again. 3. 2 of the 4 windows do not work. 4. 2 of the 4 door handles snapped in half so you have to roll down the working window to open the door from the outside. 5. Windshield wipers stall when it rains hard. (Almost had an accident from this). 6. Brakes making noises. Called Chrysler regarding recalls. They said vin doesn match recalls.

Style of car

I believe they released the car too soon. I suggest if they want consumers to continue to purchase their product, they should own up to their mistakes and make them right. Trying to get out of repairing their mistakes by saying your vin number don't match a recall list is unreal.

• SUV