2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
don't buy it
By k. mchenry on 04/18/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems - rattling - power windows not working taillights go out now I have a noise when I tap my brakes the noise continues even if i am not applying brake my jeep had this same problem - interior is plastic - I have noticed transmission when shifting is problematic -

Rattles never stop
By Kay on 03/19/09 05:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is such a fun vehicle to drive. Unfortunately, it started to rattle (rattling noises inside) about 7 months after purchase. It has been in the shop 4 times already. The first couple of times, they tried packing foam in the offending areas. Then they decided to order new parts (dash area and right rear post) saying that the bevels were worn. Problem seemed to be solved for about one week and then it started all over again. Now it just seems to rattle everywhere. I'm taking it back into the shop this week. I have my fingers crossed that they will get it right this time.

Roof rack
By NitroGirl on 03/13/09 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love My Nitro, But I have had many problems with it like I have had head lamps changed more than once and I have a water leek through the roof rack (theres a recall coming for it)my carpet in the back seat area gets soaked when it rains or washed and I live on the wet west coast and my tail light has moisture in it from somewere.

AMAZING!
By Huizy06 on 02/26/09 06:52 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

ive had this car for about a year now...not one single problem with it...hearing all this neg. stuff makes me wonder if people just like to gripe. I believe dodge did a great job making this suv and love driving it...

Dodge Nitro
By tina75 on 02/23/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I personally have had nothing but problems with my Nitro. First time owning a Dodge and at this point will never own one again. The shifting issues they have has now caused me to have to have the transmission rebuilt with no help from Dodge. I'm very easy on my vehicles and have kept up with all maintenance so this is not due to neglect on my part. Not a happy customer

Frustration with my Nitro R/T
By Chafin on 02/13/09 06:52 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I wish that Dodge put more thought and time into making their cars. I love my Nitro but can't stand the fact that it has to be repaired so much. My transmission is being repaired possibly replaced, this is the 4th time it has been in for that, my rear latch on my lift gate went bad got that fixed but was not repaired correctly had to return it for that, my rear speakers had to be replaced, my a/c has not worked properly since I bought it. Honestly I'm very afraid to buy American cars again

There are much better SUVs out there
By Carlos on 01/25/09 16:00 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this car, I was actually looking for a Jeep Liberty. I saw this car and liked its looks. It was brand new and one of the first R/T models available in the city. I decided to give it a try. It has had three recalls already. Had to take it back to the dealership at least four times. Its not fun to drive, the speed-shift is awfull. Not enough space for your feet. The plastic used inside looks a little cheap. Constant problems with the central computer. The R/T model sure looks nice bus performs and handles terribly. Take a look at the latest consumer report for new cars 2009. It doesn't have one good thing to say about this car! Can't wait for my lease to be over!

Update Nitro R/T
By karen Nitro R/T on 01/07/09 19:12 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro R/T 4.0 engine for 11 mos. now and I've had a number of problems with it.Two weeks after I got it I noticed a like chattering noise from the engine. First they said serpentine belt. The noise got louder. My crankshaft bearing and pistons have been replaced. My Sirius radio has had 2 recalls. Needs new one. Heater doesn't work right. Now my roof rack has a recall on it.T hey are tired of working on it. Take it to another dealership. Sad thing it only has 9700 miles on it. What next?What will it be like in another year? Parking it is terrible too. Wider than my other SUV. Hard to see where you are in a parking space. Too much money too many headaches. Stay away! Not unless you want trouble?

Sunburst Orange lover
By Dubby88 on 12/18/08 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. We have taken it to Tenn and South Carolina on vacation with five of us. The kids love all of the plugins for thier games and DVD player.

Total mistake!
By RudysMomma on 11/24/08 15:37 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since the night I bought this car 12/31/07 it has been a mistake. The night I drove it off the lot the radio died because it blew the fuse. It does that every 3 months or so. Every other time the radio dies and has to be replaced completely. The roof rails have rattled and been loose since day one. They have been replaced 2x under warranty and still rattle. The brackets holding the seats were all rusted and had to be replaced. The door hinges are rusting. The side panel in cargo area was warped and was replaced. Part of dash was bubbling and was replaced. Now the transmission is making noises and hesitating. My driver seat back won't adjust at all. Been a problem since day one. I hate this car

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.