Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

2007 dodge nitro engine failure
By karen dodge

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 dodge nitro that I'm still making payments on. About 3 weeks ago a valve blew in the engine and damaged a piston which caused complete engine failure. If I hadn't purchased an extended warranty, this would've been an expense I couldn't afford and would have had to let the vehicle go back to the dealership. I feel that Chrysler/Dodge should make my car payments since I've lost complete trust in their product and peace of mind. What's going to happen next to this vehicle? Sincerely, Karen Dodge.

the body of the nitro.

better quality and reliability under the hood. compensate customers for faulty and defective engines.

What else can go wrong?
By g.d.

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Engine seized at 38,000 miles. Thankfully we had the extended warranty. Car has been driven by my wife who never has had a ticket in her life. Had regular service and a valve and piston let go. Service people were very helpful.

No Problems To Date
By CC

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had no problems whatsoever to date with my 2007 Nitro. I like the look of it and the interior is very spacious. It's a very basic model but other than regular maintenance (i.e. oil changes and 1 recall) it has not seen a garage. I find that it's turning radius is too wide but otherwise it's easy enough to handle despite it's larger size. I'm not all that tall so it would probably "fit" someone with longer legs better than me, but I knew that when I tried it out for the first time.

I have to say that what got my attention was the exterior look. I still like it! It's different than any other SUV. I also like the large center console and that the vehicle is high off the ground.

Mileage is not great but I also knew that going in. It could definitely use some fine tuning when it comes to the turning radius. Otherwise I'm a satisfied customer.

Dissapointed customer
By Dissapointed Owner

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2007 Dodge Nitro solely for the body style. I liked it the first few months, the Mirrors pose a huge hazard when driving, brings new meaning to "blind spot". I have had a few issues. My biggest peeve is the Battery. I have already had it replaced and if you don't drive it everyday the battery goes dead. The last time in dealership the Tech played it off as the sound system drawing to much and causing it to drain dead. The problem according to my dealership is that the previous owner replaced the system with another and the warranty would not cover the battery. I don't believe the reasoning and think the dealership doesn't want to fix it. Have to Jump it off every three days

body style

mirrors (blind spots), head phones for the DVD player are extremely low quality and break very easy, not child friendly

Stay Away!
By LMB

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2007 nitro yeah worst thing me an my husband ever did. As soon as it hit 30,000 miles it was in the shop at least a week out of every month if not more. Not one person wants to help find out what is wrong with it. Vibration at 65 mph Yep been there, new Transmission, torque converter, drive shaft you name it we have been there still not right. When you come to a stop an take off you can give it all you got to make it go then it like stalls but not to a stop just doesn't get up an go. Talked about trading it in but they don't wanna even give you what its worth.

Stay away!