Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

The RT option was worth it
By Doug

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my nitro R/T now for 6 months. I love it. Plenty of power with the V6, comfy and handles very well. Great sound system. Interior design is very good and well laid out. Instruments well designed and easy to read. Mine has only been back to dealer for recall on ABS brakes. I never had any trouble with them. My only complaint is the roof rail, it's coming loose on passengers side, poor attachment design. But overall very very happy with this SUV. Even with my heavy foot i still average 18 around town.

R/T styling. 20 inch wheels. Fantastic factory sound system. Heated seats and remote start

Offer nav with out mygig. Find a better way to attach roof rails

Transmission Woes
By Sara

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My Nitro is my first SUV and I mostly love it. I had to take it into the dealer for a leaky transmission twice in the first 3 months I owned it. One of my rear window motors died and had to be replaced about 8 months after I bought it. Overall, a good car, but I worry about its reliability in the long run. Fun to drive, and people comment on the styling.

Aux port on stereo. Roomy enough for a road trip. color choices (mine is orange!).

Black paneling on outside of doors comes off easily, transmission issues, taller people have to stick their head in first because of the low clearance, not so great gas mileage.

I like mine!
By NitroBilly

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased November 2006, only been in for warranty service 2 times for TSB recalls. Other than that, I love it! Everybody just STARES AND COMPLIMENTS my BLACK Nitro. Mine is blinged out! Fuel economy is average, but I can't complain really. It has been absolutely reliable, and is strong as stone! It's a beautiful SUV for the dollar, I just hope DCX (Chrysler) doesn't stop manufacturing it. Get one!

Leather, navigation, 20 in custom wheels. 115 volt output. Performance. Custom grille. All this I put on myself!!

Bigger engine, perhaps 5 speed auto?

So far...........So good!!!
By Funnsun

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Dodge NITRO R/T-4.0 in July 2007 and so far........so Good!!! I have been stopped at least 5 times in parking lots by people asking me what type of vehicle it is! Lots of compliments and turning heads! So far I have only been to the service department for an oil change!! It would be nice if it had automatic lights but the U-connect feature is awesome!! I love the hands-free cell phone chatting and the navigation system is fantastic!! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone(if they are not concerned with gas mileage).

Leather interior, U-Connect, Navigation, 20" rims & seat warmers. Exterior looks sporty and cool but not too rugged.

Automatic lights and better gas mileage!!

Fustrated
By I'm fustrated

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We bought the Nitro in August. Has been in the shop a few times for pulling right. It's had two alignments and still pulls. Today it shut off on me. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone elso.

Color and style

Recall them until all issues are taken care of.