Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Luv Our Nitro
By quarterpat

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our Nitro as a program car with 20K on it. We have had several small SUVs previously, a Honda CR-V and most recently a Santa Fe, but this fits our purposes better. The fuel economy is around 20 in the city - because we drive reasonably. Have not really had it on the road. The economy improved when we had the transmission flashed (it did hesitate between 30-40 MPH). There is a TSB out on this issue. Yes, it rides a bit more truck-like than the other SUVs we have owned, but we don't seem to mind that because it is still comfortable and steady.

Being able to select 4 wheel drive - not wait for the whim of the car's computer. Carrying capacity. We have horses and can put 300-400 # of bagged feed in the back and the car doesn't squat at all. It is a bold design but our other vehicle is a RAM 2500 - so we like the look.

Daytime running lights needed!!!! More storage generally, especially under rear floor would be nice. Of course, better fuel economy would be nice. Bumper guards. The design makes if difficult to know where your bumpers begin and thicker rubber guards, front and back would minimize scrapes.

problems
By deezeebean

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had nothing but problems with this vehicle, driver window broke, had stalling problem ended up being computer recall, automatic unlock from inside broke, plastic bars on top lifted from front needing to be completely replaced now I worry about leakage. To top it all off dealership (Sandoval Dodge Las Cruces New Mexico) was not helpful or nice, after several problems after first purchased I asked owner to buy back car from me, he refused stating he had enough cars right now. Unacceptable. My first and last Dodge

sunroof, upgraded sound system bumps

build a vehicle that doesn't fall apart

First new SUV.
By Brad

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got lucky and got this Nitro for a real deal ( last years model ) I found it to have more than enough power for all uses. Very nice looking handles well and goes great in the deep snow. It seems to be ok off road for the most part gut could use a little more clearance but still good. Love the folding seats, very sweet for visibility when driving alone or storage space. All around happy except it drinks gas like it owns the oil co. And mpg is not true, I get only 14 city miles to the gal. And if you like to be performance man it is a lot worse. Over all well built and a real eye catcher with the bright blue I have with all the chrome.

Sound system is wow! Power everything is sweet and the stereo all being in the steering wheel is real nice with not having to take your eyes off the road heated seats are real nice when weather is cold or if you like to drive with the Windows down in the cool days and enjoy the open sunroof.

More cargo space for putting things in the truck without them having to in sight or flying around. a lot of wasted space I have found that could be used for this. Better gas mileage. More room for the drivers feet also would be nice. Far back Windows should open also, plus the rear window should open.

Great vehicle (bad dealer)
By chris b

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2007 R/T from Bill Kay in Naperville (avoid them). As for the Nitro R/T, it's a real head turner, w/ red paint and 20' wheels, it gets a lot of attention. The mileage isnt too bad. I ave 16 mpg, on regular gas, which isnt bad for an SUV that can tow up to 5000 lbs. The ride is firm, (Ridgeline, Envoy, and even FJ cruiser rode nicer), but it IS related to Jeep, so expect a truck ride. Performance out of 4.0 liter is almost as fast as my stock Prelude SH, which is admirable for a brick on wheels. Interior is a little on the cheap looking side, but it is clean and uncluttered. Wanted a Trailblazer SS, but this gets as many looks, lower priced, better on gas, and cheaper insurance

Looks like nothing else in its class, really get stares. It was also the lowest price vehicle that could tow up to 5000pds. Runs on regular gas, nicely equipped. Surprising acceleration, nice rumble from engine. Good high view, plenty of usable space. 4x4 option for snow. Initial quality seems good

The cheap looking interior with the over use of hard gray plastic, feels cold, like sitting in an appliance. Insecure about Dodge's reliability, but will see.

Some love it....
By Luebbe

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've read some negative reviews on this car, but we "fell" into our Nitro as a dealer special. It was an end of year clearance special on the car, which we suspect was so low because of the manual transmission and the color. (Sunburst orange). Since we bought the car, I haven't had a problem, and the spacious interior is amazing. You would never know that there was that much room in the car from looking on the outside. And the Yousync feature for my bluetooth enabled phone is a life saver. In short: I love my Nitro.

Yousync. Hands free phone through my speakers.