Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Most Helpful|
Don't buy
By jsshou

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I first brought the nitro I loved it but after having it for only 8 months I had been in the shop 4 or 5 times for the same reason (cutting off while driving) and every time they would say it was fixed and it wasn't I call the main office and they said it would have to happen again for them to do anything. I had a 2 year old and could not take the changed and trade the nitro in for a Chevy truck and went upside down $6000 because we paid 24,000 for the nitro and they only gave us 14,000 on it. Only 8 months after we brought it. I would not tell anyone to buy this car.

Update Nitro R/T
By karen Nitro R/T

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro R/T 4.0 engine for 11 mos. now and I've had a number of problems with it.Two weeks after I got it I noticed a like chattering noise from the engine. First they said serpentine belt. The noise got louder. My crankshaft bearing and pistons have been replaced. My Sirius radio has had 2 recalls. Needs new one. Heater doesn't work right. Now my roof rack has a recall on it.T hey are tired of working on it. Take it to another dealership. Sad thing it only has 9700 miles on it. What next?What will it be like in another year? Parking it is terrible too. Wider than my other SUV. Hard to see where you are in a parking space. Too much money too many headaches. Stay away! Not unless you want trouble?

Dodge Nitro
By tina75

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I personally have had nothing but problems with my Nitro. First time owning a Dodge and at this point will never own one again. The shifting issues they have has now caused me to have to have the transmission rebuilt with no help from Dodge. I'm very easy on my vehicles and have kept up with all maintenance so this is not due to neglect on my part. Not a happy customer

Suggested Improvements

Fix the sensor or whatever is causing the problem

Bad Choice...DON'T BUY
By Deann

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I purchased the nitro i have had nothing but problems with it every time i take it in to get service they have a number of recalls and usually keep my suv for 5 days.. the roof racks have riped off 3 times, cant get the door to the gas cap open without a stick because the casing is broke for the 2 time there is no foot space on the driver side....sometimes it wont start... the engine light comes on and off continously...pieces of the interior vents are falling off...just a all around bad car

Favorite Features

tire pressure sensor

Suggested Improvements

everything

Over 5 year relationship with Dodge service....
By llopez16

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I first purchased this vehicle there were a few hiccups & Dodge service did a decent job of taking care of them. But as time has progressed the way things have been handled has gotten worse & worse. I have the lifetime power train & lifetime electrical warranties & now that dodge needs to make good on some things it's taking an insane amount of time for them to get the work complete. As of tomorrow they will have had my vehicle 3 1/2 weeks for a clutch & transmission issue. These issues are all over the internet & it still took them a really long time to diagnose & now even though there have been issues all along they are still charging me for the clutch.

Favorite Features

I love the space and the way the interior is situated. Everything is easily within reach. The flip down seats allow for lots of space to haul things. The body is very stylish and I still get tons of people asking about the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts. Better follow up with customers, when you say you will update someone, do it and don't make them have to drag information out of you to find out what it going on. If it's going to be a week to get parts say it, not I'll let you know....being vague is only frustrating. Also back your product up, if you use subpar parts admit it and fix it dont' try and tell someone that it's normal wear and tear and charge them an arm & a leg for the repair it is ridiculous.