2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Nitro is fantastic
By nitroluvr on 01/03/07 08:39 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My Nitro 07 is the beast vehicle around for the price. It handles great, it is solid, with tight steering and power. The look is tough and cool. I am about to lease my 2nd Nitro. I have a different vehicle as well, more expensive than the Nitro and the quality is not a good as the Nitro. Just because it is a lower cost SUV your not losing anything compared to the higher cost SUV. Get one now!

What a gas
By Mark on 01/01/07 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought an SXT 2wd. I had to have the Orange one. It gets a lot of looks already. It is very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I am a large person and this thing really fits. I was kind of surprised that it didn't have cruise on the base model. I don't use it a lot but would have been nice. The back does hold the biggest goalie bag they have, which was a requirement of the household. Remember this is a rear wheel drive vehicle, so it dosen't drive like your FWD car your replacing. Fun, fun, fun to drive. It handles just as well as the Intrepid I replaced. Can't wait to get some more miles under the belt.

My "TRO"
By Ida on 12/26/06 13:34 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the SLT 4x2, Black, oh what an eye catcher! The first week I took it to work I was in the parking lot during lunch every day, because my co- workers wanted to see it in and out. I even get people asking me to take them for a test ride in my SUV! It handles beautifully and my husband was so impressed on the handling of my Nitro he bought his two weeks later. I get between 22 and 27 miles per gallon (highway miles) city 19 miles per gallon). I have 4 grandchildren and I can ride all of them with comfort (no fighting). They love it! I am so glad I held out on purchasing a vehicle before the Nitro.

Dissapointed in Nebraska
By mcculjim on 12/26/06 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle a week short of 2 months and have 3000 miles on it. So far I have had several problems with this car. The first problem was that I was driving down the street and the car just quit. Dash startup system lights came on and it just quit. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find any "codes" in the car showing it happened. Then a couple of weeks later the electric lock swith plate on the drivers door quit working. I am waiting for them to get one from somewhere. Now just yesterday the car quit running going down the road again. Locks popped up and it just quit. This is very annoying after paying almost 26,000 for this thing.

Better then my 2006 Ford Explorer
By Elke and Al on 12/19/06 20:58 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the Nitro three weeks ago and found it fun and super to drive after my husband already took it on a test drive the week before. It's easy to handle, parks very easy, and for a short person has good view points. I drove it already in snow and ice and it handles very well. Love my sunroof and the leather seats. Controls on the steering wheel are cool too. I like better the old 2006 Ford Explorer I had. More sporty and sassy, a Grandma with and attitude and grandchild on board. I get between 17.8 Miles to 18.5 mpg and hope it gets better when I have more miles on the engine,

Pretty cool
By superd on 12/15/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my Nitro 2 weeks ago yesterday, and have to say it's much better than I thought it would be. I get more looks in this truck than people get in more expensive SUVs, and it's fun to drive.

Nitro and Me
By DAVID KULAK on 12/09/06 09:19 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I found the Nitro to be quiet yet powerful. The cabin noise is very low. This vehicle has plenty of power with the standard 210 hp. It's a joy to drive and park and the shifting of the automatic transmisson is quiet and smooth.

Real Nice Ride and Looks
By frank66 on 12/05/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is an all around awesome vehicle for the money. The other brands (mid size SUV's) I looked at were too cramped for space inside, too common looking, and even boring. The nicest ones were way up there in price, even before you add in options. The Dodge Nitro does everything I need from a SUV and does at a reasonable price.

very Impressed
By turnstyle on 12/05/06 08:11 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my Dodge Nitro SXT 4X4 for a little over a week and I couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous buying a brand new model Dodge that hasn't been on the road yet but so far I am extremely pleased! It looks amazing, the inside has tons of room, the engine is a nice size with great pickup, yet quiet when driving, the interior has a great layout and is extremely comfy, and the free year of Sirrius doesn't hurt either.

Gotta Love Your Nitro
By Big Don on 11/30/06 14:20 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Nitro last week and It's really fun to drive. The only real issue I have with the car so far is the gas mileage. Other than that I think I made a good choice. Get lots of looks and compliments. It reminds me of a cross between a Land Rover and an H3.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.