Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Bad choice
By oldmanjob

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it as a demo with 930 miles on it. Was in the shop for the first week of ownership. Replaced cracked roof rails, steering sensor and the ABS sensor. Took a week to figure out which sensor was keeping the ABS, steering stabilizer and traction control lights on. Quality control is awful. Should never had traded in my PT Cruiser

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Front divers seat is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever had in a vehicle

Love my Nitro
By LOVE IT!!!

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love this vehicle! Plenty of head and leg room! My kids can stand up in the back without touching their heads to the ceiling! Lots of room! This vehicle handles really well around corners and into small parking spots. Cargo room, you can get lots of stuff back there. We bought a liner for in the back. If there would be any spills then it stays on the liner and not in the Nitro! The radio/satellite/CD have great sound and are centrally located and easy to reach. Comfortable seats. The exterior is very impressive! You get lots of looks at it and people asking what kind of vehicle is that??? LOVE IT!

Favorite Features

Lots of room! The exterior look!

Suggested Improvements

Day lamps, better gas mileage.

Average
By JBARRI

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since purchase, I've had no major problems but a few concerns. The 1-2 shift is harsh when cold, a slight whistle sound from the AC system and the glaring lack of a rear AC vent for a vehicle of this size annoys me. Gas mileage hovers at 21MPG but only when driven like a baby carriage. Everything else is fine and I'm impressed considering the price I paid.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks no doubt draws many compliments. Wide 3-kid across seating in the back is terrific and the cargo capability is nice. Solid build structure gives confident feeling.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller engine or lighter weight to improve gas mileage would be nice. Add rear seat AC vent for comfort and upgrade transmission to 5 speed.

Fun fun fun
By sawdustalley

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just got the Nitro r/t 1mt ago for my wife we love this veh, had a 03 Cadillac CTS and by far this is a better vehicle to drive and just love the looks inside and out it will make heads turn as you drive by someone,

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

The rack on top seems to be loose, when we got the nitro on a sat. Evening and got home found pits in the hood called dealer they came and got vehicle and painted hood in 2 days looks great (black) need to improve shipping ways seem to be trans fluid that dropped from another vehicle in shipping

Great Vehicle
By Family of Four

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have had the Dodge Nitro for almost a year. It is sharp looking and has a roomy interior. We have not had any problems with this vehicle and love to drive it. We have two young kids and they can stand up inside when getting into their seats. Lots of cargo space. It has lots of power for a V-6 engine. Great sound with the CD/Radio/Satellite. We tow with it and the tow/haul button is conveniently located. The only thing I would say that I thought would be better was the fuel economy. It gets the average gas mileage. As a family it is safe and drives well for an SUV. Hope this helps you out on making your decision to get one or not!

Favorite Features

The very roomy interior, the impressive looks on the outside! Everything is conveniently located for the driver.

Suggested Improvements

Day lamps, Fix the black paneling that comes off easily. Cover or something that covers the lower radiation grill in the front. Anything can get in there!