2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Nitro is Rightro!
By NitroBilly on 03/04/07 00:01 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I try not to drive my Nitro everyday, but I can't help it to be honest. It has enough power to keep me interested, but could use a little more. Handling is smooth, a guy comes up on my tail with a *cough* GMC Envoy, and that's all he got to look at.. my tail! I had the Nitro going around a 30 mile hr curve at 45! But I also have those 20 inchers!

Nitro, a bust?
By Wahoo! on 02/21/07 07:00 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Dodge can dress a vehicle up and give it some curb appeal but it ends there. Nitro underperforms for me. Quirky and cute looks on the outside are a plus. Interior is horrible. Stiff and uncomfortable seats, tight width spacing, odd foot room on both front driver and passenger. Overall ride fair, very stiff and bumpy. Handles very well in snow, but odd jerky-ness when in 4wd and moving thru parking lots (low speeds, 0-15). Heating system lacks power badly and direction. Lack of freeway power to pass, lags before speed engages. Overall not the vehicle I expected. Not recommended.

Very Nice
By retzman on 02/09/07 07:46 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We are very happy with our new Nitro. We traded in a 2005 Mustang for it so first impressions were important. Only have around 1000 miles on it and absolely love this vehicle. Great for our Wisconsin winter. The only negative we have at this point is that gas mileage is terrible - hope this changes once the vehicle has broken in some. At this point we are averaging 12 - 13 mpg in the city and the best highway so far has been 19 mpg. (In comparison, I am averaging 16 mpg with my full size Dodge with a 5.9 engine!)

RT Model Worth The Money
By Rich From Baltimore on 01/24/07 09:58 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Nitro RT Model. For a few thousand more you get 40 hp and 20 in chrome wheels and other little goodies. Drives and handles smaller than it looks. A sport car SUV? Get more looks than my Corvette. I see a lot of people are concerned with mpg. Reset your computer when driving on the highway. I tried it and was avg 25 mpg 65 mph. Fuel avg really drops when sitting or warming up vechicle. Have reset to 0 after 1st 1k avg 17.6 mpg.

Just Awesome!
By Ragefire10 on 01/17/07 09:53 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I saw this vehicle on a TV ad, and I had to have one! I've never seen an SUV quite like this one. It's a blast to drive and very aggressive looking. The gas mileage isn't the best, but that's alright. This is the first Dodge I've owned, and I'm very happy with this truck! If you like it, but it! You wont regret it!

Double Take
By jill McQueary on 01/16/07 15:14 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my black Nitro for 1 1/2 months. I am amazed at how many people have come up to me in parking lots wanting to know what it is. I added the chrome running boards and front chrome facia and just love the added look. I am so happy with the performance and ride of this vehicle!

Nitro rules!
By J Roberts on 01/10/07 22:19 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Killer looks, smooth ride, plenty of power. Handles well, fun to drive. A real head turner. A real pleasure to drive. My wife took it away fron me. So I bought me a 2007 Dodge truck. We are a Dodge family.

Dodge Nitro 2007
By aburke21 on 01/09/07 05:26 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome to drive. I get a lot of looks and compliments from people. By far my favorite SUV!

Who else Loves Their Nitro? I Sure Do!
By dmarcantel on 01/08/07 05:54 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love it, stepped down from a Land Rover Discovery II and do not regret it. Do not pass this great lil SUV by.

2nd Look
By jill mcqueary on 01/07/07 16:24 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have researched several SUV's for months and finally decided on the Nitro. I am so happy that I did. l have only had my Nitro 6 weeks, but so far have no complaints. I love the interior design, but the exterior design is what is catching onlooker attention. The handling has been impressive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.