Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Most Helpful|
R/T review
By PA R/T Owner

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Inferno Red R/T for about 2 months now and for the most part I am pleased. I love the exterior looks and the torque on the 4.0L V6 is awesome. I live in a very hilly part of Pennsylvania so gas mileage is not the greatest. I average about 13- 14 mpg/city. Also the build quality is a little sub par. Since I have had the vehicle the transmission has leaked, the rear door and hatch panels rattle like crazy with music and the roof rails needed to be replace. End the end. I really love this car. Chrysler just needs to do a better job with their quality control.

Favorite Features

Looks, Infinity Sound System, Interior styling, Exterior styling, Engine Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the rattle in the door and hatch panels!

Love It
By Linds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Nitro..Dodge had no problem taking my truck and fixing the recalls...Every manufacturer makes mistakes get em fixed and u will love ur truck. I could get better gas mileage but everything else about the Nitro makes up for it! Most definitely a head turner, caught my eye the moment I saw it on the lot!

Favorite Features

The Sunroof was the selling point for me!

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage

2007 NITRO R/T 4.0 ONLY
By karen nitro R/T

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 nitro r/t nitro. I put this info once before. I have an answer now. I'm having a problem with chattering in front end. It's the serpentine belt. Chrysler can't fix this problem. I had it in the shop twice. The service told me that Chrysler don't touch it. A service rep. came out. He called the eng. They sent out some parts to put on it but, the problem isn't fixed. It's better but, sometimes it's still just as loud. I took it over to the dealership. I was getting all of my receipts to send to my atty. The ser. Mgr. Heard it doing it again. Took it in for service and he's gone. I called my atty. They said I have a case for the lemon law. I was told niitro r/t wasn't designed for that size eng?

Favorite Features

Love the Sirius radio.

Suggested Improvements

The problem I'm having in only on the R/T.The chattering within the front end. The Nitro wasn't designed for the for the 4.0 only the 3.7 eng. I have had 2 ser. mgrs. tell me this. Chrysler won't admit it. I'm letting my atty. handle it now. The engs. at Chrysler put wrong eng.in 2007 Nitro R/T.Needed3.7

What a junk but nice body style
By manny2126

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Paint already discoloring on the fender, no way of checking the trans oil, wheel hubs needs to be replaced makes noise, a/c compresor gone needs to be changed, brakes done twice and 2 rotors replaced, wiper motor recalled and replaced, blower motor replaces twice, front seat plastic cover broken off just from exiting, 2 tire gage replaced without the 75.00 computer stem.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

no need to have computer tire gage that is truely a waste of consumer money to replace if anything dont make the stem plastic cuz the simpless touch they crack and for replacement at 75.00 can add up

Dodge Nitro 4.0L R/T 2008-BLACK W/ red seats (the drop down made me pick SXT, but thats not my car)
By jenns1

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Nitro!!! We bought it back in 2011. It's the best vehicle I've had. Great Navi. system, great sound system, Uconnect is excellent and very convenient when doing interstate driving. the R/T red seat package looks sporty, 20inch wheel with rims look nice exterior. It doesn't have the best MPG, but reasonable for an SUV. NO PROBLEMS, at all…..other than basic maintenance (break pads, fluid flush) I recommend using BG or AMSOIL products. My husband maintains my Nitro and he's never complained about anything being hard to reach or work on. Too bad Dodge stopped making it. :-) I would love to have a 2015.

Favorite Features

Navigation Uconnect Sound system Tires/Rims Exterior body Great "get up and go" Safe

Suggested Improvements

make a 2015, please.