2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Love this wagon
By Tom on 03/21/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a fun SUV (wagon). It's a real eye catcher, and you'll find yourself just looking at it or in it. It's just different. So far good on gas, better then my old Dodge 2500, at about 8 mpg. Just love this ride.

Love/Hate
By SB on 03/20/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love so many things about the Nitro, standard features, comfort, cargo room, etc. But I hate the fact it's been to the service department 3 times in the last month for the same problem (1600, 2200 & 2400 miles). he remote (keyless) entry has caused the Nitro to go haywire 3 times when the unlock button is pressed. This causes the Malfunction light to come on, and prevents all the computer modules from communicating with each other. First the dealer reset the computers, then they replaced the main (gateway) computer module. Took it back today, not sure what they have planned now. If they don't get it fixed this time, I'll be requesting a new Nitro, because other than that I love it.

Please turn engine light off!
By Jorge on 03/17/07 10:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car 3 months. Great Looks, 3.7 L. engine good track record, (Jeep Liberty) notable refinements. 1.5 months later engine’s light came on; up today still on, they have no clue (dealer, Chrysler). The third time the car stayed at dealer for four days dealer could not figure out the nature for problem. Then it was time for Chrysler. That day I drove car home with light on, and still waiting for software update. The other incident I encounter twice while driving, it just quit, and all dashboard lights came on. The sad part is that the car is for my wife’s use and daughters, instead I am driving it. Wife does not feel safe driving it, thinking she might get stranded on the road.

Big Mistake
By luv4tanner on 03/15/07 22:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 2007 Dodge SXT Nitro is loud and has no power. It makes a noise. I thought it was only mine but I went and tried out another one out and it made the same noise. I thought the engine was ticking, but i had it checked out and they said it was supposed to sound like that. It's very uncomfortable to ride in. The seats sit up way too high. You dont have much foot room in the floor on the drivers side. Plus it would have been nice if they would have made it where your lights would cut on at night and cut off when the car cut off. The seats in the back needed to be moveable where I could move them back a little because the Dodge company put cupholders in the floor and my son is using them as a foot stool.

Too much hype
By Ethan on 03/14/07 21:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I'm not very happy with my Nitro. My biggest complaint is the road noise. With my work I have driven most every new vehicle on the market, and the Nitro has far and above the most road noise. Not a lot more plastic than other SUVs, but definitly feels and looks cheaper. It gives it almost a hard feel. Mechanicly no complaints, enough power, etc. Fuel economy isn't great, but then thats not why I drive an SUV.

Good overall package but...
By JimBobBillyJo on 03/13/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the Nitro for the great styling, high standard feature content, and room inside. After 3 days the satellite radio quit, took 4 weeks to replace the antenna, worked 5 days and quit again. Throttle response is horrible, push the gas and wait 1 second then it revs, makes it very hard to modulate with manual transmission which is unacceptable for a computer controlled engine. It reminds me of my old slant 6 Volare. Engine pulls willingly, but doesn't seem like 210 horsepower, gas mileage not quite up to rated but close. Engine rough and a bit noisy, not up to today's standard of refinement. Center console too wide, nowhere to put your feet but under the pedals.

Awesome SUV
By Dainger on 03/08/07 23:17 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Nitro R/T with the larger engine and boy is it fast. It really gets up and goes a lot better than my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the I-6 4.0. Handling is great with the ESP and braking is really good as well. I love the heated leather seats, rear power outlet, sun roof, and the best is the great comments I get from people about how it looks. A lot of people still haven't seen or heard of the SUV yet. That's what I like the best about it, you don't see one of these bad boys everyday, like some of the other less bolder SUVs.

Love the R/T 4.0 L 5spd
By RenoRor on 03/07/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Nitro for net yet a week. So far, I love it. I'm getting good gas mileage, 18 city and 23-24 hwy. I love the kick from the 4.0L engine. Great bold styling! I get a lot of comments and questions. It's great! The R/T comes with the bigger tires and nice wheels, a nice extra.

Nitro is Rightro!
By NitroBilly on 03/04/07 00:01 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I try not to drive my Nitro everyday, but I can't help it to be honest. It has enough power to keep me interested, but could use a little more. Handling is smooth, a guy comes up on my tail with a *cough* GMC Envoy, and that's all he got to look at.. my tail! I had the Nitro going around a 30 mile hr curve at 45! But I also have those 20 inchers!

Nitro, a bust?
By Wahoo! on 02/21/07 07:00 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Dodge can dress a vehicle up and give it some curb appeal but it ends there. Nitro underperforms for me. Quirky and cute looks on the outside are a plus. Interior is horrible. Stiff and uncomfortable seats, tight width spacing, odd foot room on both front driver and passenger. Overall ride fair, very stiff and bumpy. Handles very well in snow, but odd jerky-ness when in 4wd and moving thru parking lots (low speeds, 0-15). Heating system lacks power badly and direction. Lack of freeway power to pass, lags before speed engages. Overall not the vehicle I expected. Not recommended.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.