Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Nice and Easy Ride
By Easy on 05/19/07 16:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Nitro a few weeks ago. I had to put a lot of miles on it approx. 3500 miles in 3 weeks. I've had only one problem which I believe is the belt tensioner it's making a little noise. I am going to take it in for service next week. My R/T Nitro 4.0L looks good, runs good, rides good, and has plenty of storage space too. It's a nice and easy ride!

Not Happy, Nitro Vibration and Rust issues
By John Nichols on 05/05/07 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I drove this SLT model for most of a snowy winter. The chrome grille now has major rust like discoloration penetrating it. Looks bad, Dodge won't replace it, I washed it when possible but this brightwork has really deteriorated in a few short months.You would think it should be able to withstand normal Colorado winter driving. Has an ongoing vibration, very annoying. The dealer has checked it out, states "that's just the normal thing for the torque converter to do." I know better than that! Complained to Dodge headquarters, No positive help at all. Look out, buyers beware, Dodge is slipping in quality and in taking care of customer.They have lost me.

Reaserched it ! Bought it! Happy with it
By Dave on 04/28/07 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had been driving a Ram Hemi, wanted to downsize a little but couldn't find any SUV values. The Nitro sticker price caused me to look further. I liked all of the standard features and 4x4. I decided on the base model and upgraded to include the 4x4 and tow package. The base sound system works exellent and the ride is comfortable. I am tall and have to lean a little to get in, but plenty of headroom once inside. Plenty of power from the 3.7 and plenty of room inside, with the seats folded down for a place to sleep while camping! I did plenty of research, and for the money, I found nothing to compare. I have not experienced any of the problems described by others. Very happy!

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
By Greenville on 04/18/07 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We just recently purchased a Dodge Nitro and love it! It has great performance and the car turns some heads with it's classy design. The gas mileage is great for an SUV. I drive 50 miles one way to work and back so I need good mileage! I have to say I'm very impressed so far with my Nitro and highly recommend it to anyone.

Electrical System
By realtypro on 04/11/07 15:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had new car fever and I fell in love with the looks of the Nitro. I was really enjoying the car. I took three teenagers on springbreak to Florida. On the way home while going 70 mph, in the far left lane, the car cut out, all the lights came on - for several seconds (which seemed like hours) the car was stalled. Thankfully, it came back and we were not killed. I took the car in and after two days and being insistent on cause and repair, there was an electrical module replaced. According to the Dealer, who stated they had contacted the engineers, there had been 10 reported problems. I hope this is the real problem and it was fixed. However, now I'm leary of the car.

Our new ride
By Ric00man on 04/05/07 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love the exterior and interior appearance of this vehicle. It is different and everyone seem to take notice of it. It is a mid size vehicle that makes you think it is much larger. Great leg room in both the front seating area and the rear seating area. We have four large dogs and this vehicle has plenty of room for them to spread out and lay down when we travel with them.

Don't Buy A Nitro Just Yet!
By lottachops on 04/04/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Do not buy the Nitro at this time. I bought a 2007 and have had transmission problems that started about a month after I got it. I've taken it in for flash computer upgrades, but it still has a bucking problem. I did some research and found that this is not an isolated case. It seems that corporate really doesn't know what to do. They keep sending you back to reprogram the computer to make you feel better for a while, but it doesn't fix the problem. I have owned a Chevy and a Ford before this and have never had these problems. I would say to anyone looking at the Nitro... get something else or wait until they get this transmission problem taken care of.

More Than Just A Blast
By rohler04 on 03/26/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Dodge has done it again. After being a new model buyer of a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV, I had no hesitation to try another protocol vehicle. This was a gift for my wife and I had to find a ride comparable to the Envoy but in a smaller package for gas milage improvement. Our Sunburst Orange Nitro has fullfilled and exceeded our wildest dreams. Not only is it a blast to drive, but having all the options available , we are extremely impressed. Not a single flaw in performance nor in the assembly of this vehicle. We highly recommend this to anyone looking for 'downsizing' their guzzling suv and not sacrifice the drive and ride. The color scheme accented with chrome creates a lot of looks as well.

High Country Nitro
By BearlyNitro on 03/23/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Works well in the snow of Big Bear and the sand at Pismo Beach. Very fun to drive, so much fun that we have another on order and are trying very hard to sell my 2004 Toyota Sequoia. The first is an SLT w/auto trans, but mine will be an SXT with the manual trans. Getting all the options added to an SXT 4x4 w/manual is not easy. Good thing I know the general manager at the dealership real well.

What is That? I like it!
By Gordon Landreth on 03/23/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I saw the Nitro on the lot last November just after it came out. I knew that was the next one for me Now, four months later, not a day goes by that someone doesn't ask what it is, followed by "I really like it!" I still don't see many on the highway, but people don't know what they're missing. It rides solid and handles well. Mileage is better than my last foreign SUV.