Used 2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Stay away from the Nitro
By squig29

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my Nitro for a little over a year now & absolutely hate this vehicle. Here are the problems I have had so far: park brake does not hold vehicle on slight incline unless you give it that extra little pull to the last notch, park brake boot zipper splitting 5 times dealer glued it closed & say that was chryslers fix, it split open the next morning), truck completely shut off while I was driving, roof rails lifted up, pass seat squeaks, a/c isn't very cold, can't roll up pass window from driver side, unlock switch actually locked all doors, seal on rear pass window replaced, tire press dings in cold temps, seat belt warning when no one in pass seat key fob issue when vehicle running

Favorite Features

seats are very comfortable, exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

put some energy into making the vehicle work properly & stop using such cheap components just because your company is failing miserably. Maybe this is why Chrysler is failing.

nightmare nitro
By kroyman

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my nitro r/t June of 07 had only 2 months before I started having problems first the suspension was making noises the dealership acted like it was no big deal tried several things to fix didn't get it right until the third visit they said it was a body mass dampener as soon as I got the car back from the dealer a multitude of things started to act up plastic wheel coverings creaked when turning power steering pump making whistling noise had it back to the dealer twice on that they told me it was inherent to the vehicle and to contact Chrysler customer service instead I contacted lemon law atty. This vehicle has other problems as well drivers side window, a/c, time without my car 36 days

Favorite Features

looks nice stereo works well

Suggested Improvements

fix it

Love the looks, not the reliability
By mixed

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Fell in love with this vehicle because it looks different - not the same old thing. Seats are comfortable for me, steering and brakes are responsive. Lots of luggage room. Then it stalled while I was driving 75 mph on the interstate - twice. Several recalls later and that problem has been corrected. Rear seal leaked, interior plastic is warped in a few places, sunroof leaked. I like having a reliable vehicle and I'm not certain that is what I have with my Nitro. I drive close to 2,000 per month and I like knowing that I can get in, keep my gas tank full and my oil changed and go wherever I want to without worrying about reliability. Not sure that is what I have with my Nitro- shame!

Favorite Features

Looks, lots of bins for storage, roomy interior - not huge, just right for a small family

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, too much interior plastic, electrical system

Dodge - Get better engineers
By Jim

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 1 1/2 years and 35,000 I have never had such a love/hate feeling for a vehicle. Good style and good ride, MPG ok for the size(19/23). Computer system, water pump, roof rails, wiper motor and switch have been replaced under warranty. Have had 2 recalls so far. Roof rails are cracked and rattling again(very poor design)and this will be my last visit under warranty. Not sure I want to own this Dodge when it's out of warranty coverage.

Favorite Features

Love the style, interior comfort is good and roomy. I think the ride is great for a SUV. Price was good, too.

Suggested Improvements

Roof rail design is junk. Reliability needs major improvement. Too much plastic inside and out.

2007 Nitro
By beckyv84

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the best mid- sized inexpensive SUV's I've driven or rode in. It's a smooth ride and definitely an attention getter. I've gotten as many compliments on this as I did on my Formula Firebird! The cabin is roomy and versatile and the electric outlet is great for charging my camera batteries! The only downsides I can point out are the ability to hear outside noise, (It's not over the top, but not as quiet as I would have expected), and it would be nice if the back hatch opened a little higher than it does. It would also be nice if there was a back hatch release on the key fob. Overall, I feel it is an exceptional vehicle for the price and I enjoy it immensely.

Favorite Features

I like the 'take off' power, the interior outlet, the overall looks and the design of the dash and shifter area. I also like the hidden compartment in the console.