2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
DO NOT BUY!!
By flaboy84 on 06/23/14 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

STAY AWAY from the Nitro's! When I drove mine on the highway the hood shook, the mirrors shook (no matter how tight they were on) and the roof rack shook! The AC went out after owning it for a month and the repair price was over $1,000 from multiple repair shops. Save your money & time! DO NOT buy this gas guzzling piece of JUNK. Never again will I buy a dodge...

Saved me!
By zaginara on 02/07/14 19:26 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My mom had this car and I borrowed it since I didn't have a car of my own yet. I was driving home and got in to an accident. The nitro had so much damage that I couldn't move it. A tow truck had to come get it and it was later declared totaled (though I already knew that). The front end was a mess. The air bags deployed and the windows dropped... the engine cut off.. I don't remember the accident itself. I remember looking around and my foot was still on the gas. I walked away from the accident with the Dodge emblem burned in to my right forearm. (Yes burned!) While I am now branded (get it, from the burn?), if I had been in a sedan or any small car, I would have been in a hospital bed.

Not Built to last!
By jenokker on 08/06/12 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Interior is falling apart...inside driver doorhandle broke, the a/c, now window motor and its not cheap to fix. I would not recomend black body trim...

Great buy, looks great
By nitroftw on 07/15/12 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the dodge nitro the second I test drove it. I have since had zero problems for three years, aside from basic maintenance for brake pads and such. Great MPG for the price of the car and the quality of the construction of the vehicle. Feels very sturdy and it is. I think that this is the one car that I actually like from Dodge.

What a junk but nice body style
By manny2126 on 07/04/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Paint already discoloring on the fender, no way of checking the trans oil, wheel hubs needs to be replaced makes noise, a/c compresor gone needs to be changed, brakes done twice and 2 rotors replaced, wiper motor recalled and replaced, blower motor replaces twice, front seat plastic cover broken off just from exiting, 2 tire gage replaced without the 75.00 computer stem.

Over 5 year relationship with Dodge service....
By llopez16 on 04/24/12 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I first purchased this vehicle there were a few hiccups & Dodge service did a decent job of taking care of them. But as time has progressed the way things have been handled has gotten worse & worse. I have the lifetime power train & lifetime electrical warranties & now that dodge needs to make good on some things it's taking an insane amount of time for them to get the work complete. As of tomorrow they will have had my vehicle 3 1/2 weeks for a clutch & transmission issue. These issues are all over the internet & it still took them a really long time to diagnose & now even though there have been issues all along they are still charging me for the clutch.

Beware of braking system
By dennythemac on 04/06/12 09:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had problems with the brakes hanging up while driving. On the way back from a 130 mile trip the right rear wheel well started spewing smoke. After pulling over I discovered the actual side wall of the tire was extremely hot and the rim was blistering hot. The cause was blamed on the parking brake which was disabled at the time. Prior to getting the Nitro into Chrysler Service the same thing happened to the driver side rear wheel. The repairs ran over $600.00. The millage was 17,700 and Chrysler told Me the brakes were not covered by warranty or recall and went on too explain that brakes wear is through normal use. They refused to take into consideration the danger posed through fire

Warning please dont buy !!!!
By kim14kraz on 02/14/12 14:29 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Within the first few months of me purchasing this it had problems With the sunroof. Then it about 3 different parts recalled. My door handle broke on both sides. My locks stopped working. As time goes on my truck is literally falling apart. I poured so much money into this thing as if it was a used suv. I would never but doge, jeep, or Chrysler ever again.

My first brand new vehicle what a bust
By pearlmelodey on 06/21/11 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am shocked that the issues with this vehicle has not been recalled for safety and public relations. My locks have gone out twice now, i replaced them only to have them go out again, door openers broke on both front doors. and air conditioning quit. locks and a/c are both electrical problems. Live in Texas can we say heat exhaustion in June...triple digit temps and I have no air. This is unacceptable. These are clearly factory defects that should be replaced at no cost to the owner. Did i mention I cant' even open my hatch because there is only one key lock on truck. Im livid with the vehicle the company and the local dealership could care less..just that almighty dollar. B.S.

The Best Car I ever have (CRD version 4x4 SXT euro)
By geetee2 on 02/28/11 02:28 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why US people hate this vehicle so much. I have it for 2 years now - the UK/Euro version with 2.8crd VM diesel and it is just great! It is the sort of vehicle I was looking for years - 4WD, station, spacefull, strong but economic engine and looks great. I do bit of DH so I use to take loads of stuff with me when heading to the Alps. All my previous vehicles - scrappy jap MPV's were struggling with the load, sitting low, going slow(especially uphill) and the fuell consumption extremely high. Never have any mech problems, not even with the interior. yes, the quality of plastic is not great but this is workhorse not range rover, ok? problem with roofrails sorted by recall free

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.