Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Dodge Nitro 4.0L R/T 2008-BLACK W/ red seats (the drop down made me pick SXT, but thats not my car)
By jenns1

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Nitro!!! We bought it back in 2011. It's the best vehicle I've had. Great Navi. system, great sound system, Uconnect is excellent and very convenient when doing interstate driving. the R/T red seat package looks sporty, 20inch wheel with rims look nice exterior. It doesn't have the best MPG, but reasonable for an SUV. NO PROBLEMS, at all…..other than basic maintenance (break pads, fluid flush) I recommend using BG or AMSOIL products. My husband maintains my Nitro and he's never complained about anything being hard to reach or work on. Too bad Dodge stopped making it. :-) I would love to have a 2015.

Navigation Uconnect Sound system Tires/Rims Exterior body Great "get up and go" Safe

make a 2015, please.

Great Truck Overall. Going good at 65k+
By carlovernyc

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My review is being posted for someone seeking user experience data to make a decision to buy/own a used Dodge Nitro or not. Our Nitro was bought New from the Dealer. After nearly 7 years and 60,000 miles, the problems have been limited to minor issues. Check engine light has come on a few times requiring a trip to the dealer. Either it was nothing, or something covered under wrrty. A power door lock broke, and a tire sensor broke. Aside from this the car is reliable.

Best feature is the 3.7L V6. After doing research I found that this engine is one of the best ever made. It can easily pass 200,000 miles with proper care. Also I was able to do several maintenance tasks with basic tools and save a lot of money. Front diff, transfer case, transmission filter and fluid, and rear diff are easy to service. To learn how I just watched some videos on youtube. Also I'm about to change the brakes and rotors.

DO NOT BUY!!
By flaboy84

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

STAY AWAY from the Nitro's! When I drove mine on the highway the hood shook, the mirrors shook (no matter how tight they were on) and the roof rack shook! The AC went out after owning it for a month and the repair price was over $1,000 from multiple repair shops. Save your money & time! DO NOT buy this gas guzzling piece of JUNK. Never again will I buy a dodge...

Only thing this vehicle had going for it was its aggressive exterior look & the seats are comfortable.

Best way to improve the Nitro is to scrap it and start over...

Saved me!
By zaginara

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My mom had this car and I borrowed it since I didn't have a car of my own yet. I was driving home and got in to an accident. The nitro had so much damage that I couldn't move it. A tow truck had to come get it and it was later declared totaled (though I already knew that). The front end was a mess. The air bags deployed and the windows dropped... the engine cut off.. I don't remember the accident itself. I remember looking around and my foot was still on the gas. I walked away from the accident with the Dodge emblem burned in to my right forearm. (Yes burned!) While I am now branded (get it, from the burn?), if I had been in a sedan or any small car, I would have been in a hospital bed.

Switch from 2-wheel drive to 4-wheel drive Comfort Radio controls in the steering wheel Safety- Collision

Perhaps remove the metal inlays from the steering wheel to keep people from being branded when the airbag deploys

Not Built to last!
By jenokker

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Interior is falling apart...inside driver doorhandle broke, the a/c, now window motor and its not cheap to fix. I would not recomend black body trim...