Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SUV Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Clean SUV
By marc arseneau

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

this car only has 58000 miles and runs like new. New tires and brakes.

Overall great car
By orangehogger2005@live.com

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nitro off the lot brand new. It now has 103,000 miles and still running strong. Radio quit working at around 30,000 miles and the entire thing quit working around 50,000 miles. Sound does sound good, though. In about a year the plastic at leading edge of the roof rack rail lifted up due to ice expansion . Right after 100,000 miles the throttle control module and map sensor went out and cost around 800 dollars to repair. I find this to be a normal wear and tear issue. The exterior paint looks brand new. Reliable and good in the snow and ice here in Chicago. Interior spacious and I find it comfortable. I've had it for 9 years now and NEVER regretted buying this product, which is the first Dodge I've bought. Overall I LOVE this vehicle.

Dodge Nitro 4.0L R/T 2008-BLACK W/ red seats (the drop down made me pick SXT, but thats not my car)
By jenns1

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Nitro!!! We bought it back in 2011. It's the best vehicle I've had. Great Navi. system, great sound system, Uconnect is excellent and very convenient when doing interstate driving. the R/T red seat package looks sporty, 20inch wheel with rims look nice exterior. It doesn't have the best MPG, but reasonable for an SUV. NO PROBLEMS, at allÂ…..other than basic maintenance (break pads, fluid flush) I recommend using BG or AMSOIL products. My husband maintains my Nitro and he's never complained about anything being hard to reach or work on. Too bad Dodge stopped making it. :-) I would love to have a 2015.

Navigation Uconnect Sound system Tires/Rims Exterior body Great "get up and go" Safe

make a 2015, please.

Great Truck Overall. Going good at 65k+
By carlovernyc

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My review is being posted for someone seeking user experience data to make a decision to buy/own a used Dodge Nitro or not. Our Nitro was bought New from the Dealer. After nearly 7 years and 60,000 miles, the problems have been limited to minor issues.

Check engine light has come on a few times requiring a trip to the dealer. Either it was nothing, or something covered under wrrty. A power door lock broke, and a tire sensor broke. Aside from this the car is reliable.

Best feature is the 3.7L V6. After doing research I found that this engine is one of the best ever made. It can easily pass 200,000 miles with proper care. Also I was able to do several maintenance tasks with basic tools and save a lot of money. Front diff, transfer case, transmission filter and fluid, and rear diff are easy to service. To learn how I just watched some videos on youtube. Also I'm about to change the brakes and rotors.

DO NOT BUY!!
By flaboy84

2007 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

STAY AWAY from the Nitro's! When I drove mine on the highway the hood shook, the mirrors shook (no matter how tight they were on) and the roof rack shook! The AC went out after owning it for a month and the repair price was over $1,000 from multiple repair shops. Save your money & time! DO NOT buy this gas guzzling piece of JUNK. Never again will I buy a dodge...

Only thing this vehicle had going for it was its aggressive exterior look & the seats are comfortable.

Best way to improve the Nitro is to scrap it and start over...