2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
DO NOT BUY!!
By flaboy84 on 06/23/14 13:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

STAY AWAY from the Nitro's! When I drove mine on the highway the hood shook, the mirrors shook (no matter how tight they were on) and the roof rack shook! The AC went out after owning it for a month and the repair price was over $1,000 from multiple repair shops. Save your money & time! DO NOT buy this gas guzzling piece of JUNK. Never again will I buy a dodge...

Saved me!
By zaginara on 02/07/14 19:26 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My mom had this car and I borrowed it since I didn't have a car of my own yet. I was driving home and got in to an accident. The nitro had so much damage that I couldn't move it. A tow truck had to come get it and it was later declared totaled (though I already knew that). The front end was a mess. The air bags deployed and the windows dropped... the engine cut off.. I don't remember the accident itself. I remember looking around and my foot was still on the gas. I walked away from the accident with the Dodge emblem burned in to my right forearm. (Yes burned!) While I am now branded (get it, from the burn?), if I had been in a sedan or any small car, I would have been in a hospital bed.

Not Built to last!
By jenokker on 08/06/12 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Interior is falling apart...inside driver doorhandle broke, the a/c, now window motor and its not cheap to fix. I would not recomend black body trim...

Great buy, looks great
By nitroftw on 07/15/12 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the dodge nitro the second I test drove it. I have since had zero problems for three years, aside from basic maintenance for brake pads and such. Great MPG for the price of the car and the quality of the construction of the vehicle. Feels very sturdy and it is. I think that this is the one car that I actually like from Dodge.

This is why Chrysler went bankrupt.
By ihatemynitro on 02/08/11 07:34 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'll never buy another Dodge. It's too bad because they look pretty cool. This one did. But what a shoddy piece of crap it has turned out to be. The roofrack is peeling from the roof, the breaklights work sporadically, the brake rotors are bad, the a/c evaporator coil is dead and I'm told will take at least $1500 to fix. Let's see, what else? Oh yeah, the front passenger window finally gave up and won't roll down (at least it's stuck up and not down). The window buttons on the driver's door only work to roll down the rear windows but they can only be rolled up from their respective door buttons. And the buttons come right off. The seats are cheap and the stitching is coming loose.

Avoid this dog
By Needanothercar on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Multiple electrical failures, intermittent service interruption of the satellite radio, trim and fascia falling off, fit and finish not up to snuff. It's the same old Dodge turd, re-badged and slapped with a fresh coat of paint. They've learned nothing since the 70s. I'm going to willingly take a $3,000 hit to get out of this thing. Avoid it at all costs.

Not Happy
By lisa on 08/26/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

To start we love the style and the amount of room inside the nitro. Bought it because our daughter is 6'1" and had to fit in the back seat. This where the love ends we have had so many issues with this SUV . We bought new hoping not to have repair bills. Not the case. Lots of broken non-functioning parts the latest the two front door handles broke within a week of each other now we have to open the windows to get out. SAFETY HAZARD YES. Very disappointed in this vehicle we will never buy Dodge again there has been no help from the dealership they always brush things off until the warranty is over. No more Dodges for us..

Same Stuff
By Shawn on 06/17/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I happened on this site because I'm searching for a new door handle that snapped off. Mine lasted 3.5 years. I've never had the windshield wiper problem, but saw the recall. I had the battery problem and the engine cutting off recall problem as well (in traffic, that was scary). I had to replace the master switch for the windows, too after the cheap plastic pulley snapped off. The left rear door trim peeled off the door when opened and driver's door was closed. Now when I drive over 65mph, there is a slight banging sound on the left side. I think its the plastic railing on the roof. The movable pieces seem to move on their own now.

dodge nitro
By sharlene on 05/07/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my nitro over 2 years ago and still love it! I have had no problems with it, it drives great and is very comfortable with plenty of room and sits high off the ground for great visibility. With the nitro you are getting a small suv with out the large price of a big suv or the gas guzzler to go with it. I was recently rear ended and because of the hitch I had miminal damage. I would recommend the dodge nitro as a reliable and dependable vehicle and this comes from someone who has always driven the big suv's!

2007 dodge nitro engine failure
By karen dodge on 04/30/10 22:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 dodge nitro that I'm still making payments on. About 3 weeks ago a valve blew in the engine and damaged a piston which caused complete engine failure. If I hadn't purchased an extended warranty, this would've been an expense I couldn't afford and would have had to let the vehicle go back to the dealership. I feel that Chrysler/Dodge should make my car payments since I've lost complete trust in their product and peace of mind. What's going to happen next to this vehicle? Sincerely, Karen Dodge.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.