Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Dodge Nitro 4.0L R/T 2008-BLACK W/ red seats (the drop down made me pick SXT, but thats not my car)
By jenns1

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Nitro!!! We bought it back in 2011. It's the best vehicle I've had. Great Navi. system, great sound system, Uconnect is excellent and very convenient when doing interstate driving. the R/T red seat package looks sporty, 20inch wheel with rims look nice exterior. It doesn't have the best MPG, but reasonable for an SUV. NO PROBLEMS, at all…..other than basic maintenance (break pads, fluid flush) I recommend using BG or AMSOIL products. My husband maintains my Nitro and he's never complained about anything being hard to reach or work on. Too bad Dodge stopped making it. :-) I would love to have a 2015.

Favorite Features

Navigation Uconnect Sound system Tires/Rims Exterior body Great "get up and go" Safe

Suggested Improvements

make a 2015, please.

DO NOT BUY!!
By flaboy84

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

STAY AWAY from the Nitro's! When I drove mine on the highway the hood shook, the mirrors shook (no matter how tight they were on) and the roof rack shook! The AC went out after owning it for a month and the repair price was over $1,000 from multiple repair shops. Save your money & time! DO NOT buy this gas guzzling piece of JUNK. Never again will I buy a dodge...

Favorite Features

Only thing this vehicle had going for it was its aggressive exterior look & the seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Best way to improve the Nitro is to scrap it and start over...

Saved me!
By zaginara

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My mom had this car and I borrowed it since I didn't have a car of my own yet. I was driving home and got in to an accident. The nitro had so much damage that I couldn't move it. A tow truck had to come get it and it was later declared totaled (though I already knew that). The front end was a mess. The air bags deployed and the windows dropped... the engine cut off.. I don't remember the accident itself. I remember looking around and my foot was still on the gas. I walked away from the accident with the Dodge emblem burned in to my right forearm. (Yes burned!) While I am now branded (get it, from the burn?), if I had been in a sedan or any small car, I would have been in a hospital bed.

Favorite Features

Switch from 2-wheel drive to 4-wheel drive Comfort Radio controls in the steering wheel Safety- Collision

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps remove the metal inlays from the steering wheel to keep people from being branded when the airbag deploys

Not Built to last!
By jenokker

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Interior is falling apart...inside driver doorhandle broke, the a/c, now window motor and its not cheap to fix. I would not recomend black body trim...

Great buy, looks great
By nitroftw

2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with the dodge nitro the second I test drove it. I have since had zero problems for three years, aside from basic maintenance for brake pads and such. Great MPG for the price of the car and the quality of the construction of the vehicle. Feels very sturdy and it is. I think that this is the one car that I actually like from Dodge.

Favorite Features

Grille, mirrors, aux input, stock sound system sounds great,

Suggested Improvements

nothing