2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
What a junk but nice body style
By manny2126 on 07/04/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Paint already discoloring on the fender, no way of checking the trans oil, wheel hubs needs to be replaced makes noise, a/c compresor gone needs to be changed, brakes done twice and 2 rotors replaced, wiper motor recalled and replaced, blower motor replaces twice, front seat plastic cover broken off just from exiting, 2 tire gage replaced without the 75.00 computer stem.

Over 5 year relationship with Dodge service....
By llopez16 on 04/24/12 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I first purchased this vehicle there were a few hiccups & Dodge service did a decent job of taking care of them. But as time has progressed the way things have been handled has gotten worse & worse. I have the lifetime power train & lifetime electrical warranties & now that dodge needs to make good on some things it's taking an insane amount of time for them to get the work complete. As of tomorrow they will have had my vehicle 3 1/2 weeks for a clutch & transmission issue. These issues are all over the internet & it still took them a really long time to diagnose & now even though there have been issues all along they are still charging me for the clutch.

My first brand new vehicle what a bust
By pearlmelodey on 06/21/11 14:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am shocked that the issues with this vehicle has not been recalled for safety and public relations. My locks have gone out twice now, i replaced them only to have them go out again, door openers broke on both front doors. and air conditioning quit. locks and a/c are both electrical problems. Live in Texas can we say heat exhaustion in June...triple digit temps and I have no air. This is unacceptable. These are clearly factory defects that should be replaced at no cost to the owner. Did i mention I cant' even open my hatch because there is only one key lock on truck. Im livid with the vehicle the company and the local dealership could care less..just that almighty dollar. B.S.

The Best Car I ever have (CRD version 4x4 SXT euro)
By geetee2 on 02/28/11 02:28 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why US people hate this vehicle so much. I have it for 2 years now - the UK/Euro version with 2.8crd VM diesel and it is just great! It is the sort of vehicle I was looking for years - 4WD, station, spacefull, strong but economic engine and looks great. I do bit of DH so I use to take loads of stuff with me when heading to the Alps. All my previous vehicles - scrappy jap MPV's were struggling with the load, sitting low, going slow(especially uphill) and the fuell consumption extremely high. Never have any mech problems, not even with the interior. yes, the quality of plastic is not great but this is workhorse not range rover, ok? problem with roofrails sorted by recall free

07 Dodge Nitro
By Ryan on 09/06/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got mine in December 2007, and just the other day, it started swaying back and forth on the highway. a few yeas ago, it used to shut off while driving. but other than that, this SUV is fun, fast, modern, and strong off road. It's great for a family, and or a single person. Just don't get the one with plastic finders, and bumper, because they come off easy.

Great Car
By Roger Perry on 08/13/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

As I write this, I've only had this car 1 day, but I really like it, and I think as time goes on, I'll will enjoy it even more.

No Problems To Date
By CC on 04/06/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had no problems whatsoever to date with my 2007 Nitro. I like the look of it and the interior is very spacious. It's a very basic model but other than regular maintenance (i.e. oil changes and 1 recall) it has not seen a garage. I find that it's turning radius is too wide but otherwise it's easy enough to handle despite it's larger size. I'm not all that tall so it would probably "fit" someone with longer legs better than me, but I knew that when I tried it out for the first time.

Nitro stinkz
By t on 12/22/09 19:49 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I think the Nitro stinkz.I will never recommend anyone to buy one. It gets bad gas mileage, it handles very, very poorly, Side mirrors are to big they get in the way. You can't see cars at the stop signs. Sunroof leaked.

Love it!
By Les on 10/27/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love everything about this vehicle. 23,000 and not a single problem. Drives great and runs great. Wouldn't change a thing.

Good Buy
By Bordin on 04/25/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This car is nothing but fun. No problems with it at all. Recalls obviously but other then that no other repairs. Gas milage is surprisingly well. Great hauling vehicle. Lots of jump off dead starts, take any little 4 cylinder car anyday.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.