Used 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Nitro - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Nitro

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

What a junk but nice body style
By manny2126

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Paint already discoloring on the fender, no way of checking the trans oil, wheel hubs needs to be replaced makes noise, a/c compresor gone needs to be changed, brakes done twice and 2 rotors replaced, wiper motor recalled and replaced, blower motor replaces twice, front seat plastic cover broken off just from exiting, 2 tire gage replaced without the 75.00 computer stem.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

no need to have computer tire gage that is truely a waste of consumer money to replace if anything dont make the stem plastic cuz the simpless touch they crack and for replacement at 75.00 can add up

Over 5 year relationship with Dodge service....
By llopez16

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I first purchased this vehicle there were a few hiccups & Dodge service did a decent job of taking care of them. But as time has progressed the way things have been handled has gotten worse & worse. I have the lifetime power train & lifetime electrical warranties & now that dodge needs to make good on some things it's taking an insane amount of time for them to get the work complete. As of tomorrow they will have had my vehicle 3 1/2 weeks for a clutch & transmission issue. These issues are all over the internet & it still took them a really long time to diagnose & now even though there have been issues all along they are still charging me for the clutch.

Favorite Features

I love the space and the way the interior is situated. Everything is easily within reach. The flip down seats allow for lots of space to haul things. The body is very stylish and I still get tons of people asking about the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality parts. Better follow up with customers, when you say you will update someone, do it and don't make them have to drag information out of you to find out what it going on. If it's going to be a week to get parts say it, not I'll let you know....being vague is only frustrating. Also back your product up, if you use subpar parts admit it and fix it dont' try and tell someone that it's normal wear and tear and charge them an arm & a leg for the repair it is ridiculous.

My first brand new vehicle what a bust
By pearlmelodey

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am shocked that the issues with this vehicle has not been recalled for safety and public relations. My locks have gone out twice now, i replaced them only to have them go out again, door openers broke on both front doors. and air conditioning quit. locks and a/c are both electrical problems. Live in Texas can we say heat exhaustion in June...triple digit temps and I have no air. This is unacceptable. These are clearly factory defects that should be replaced at no cost to the owner. Did i mention I cant' even open my hatch because there is only one key lock on truck. Im livid with the vehicle the company and the local dealership could care less..just that almighty dollar. B.S.

Favorite Features

postive note love the room the style of vehicle was a must have in 2007 it however has two badddd blind spots in the front window region. not good...Don't think i will ever purchase a dodge again.

Suggested Improvements

require customer service a priority! remove blind spots. most of all take accountability in factory defects. my issues with this vehicle are factory defects with electrical system. wiring harness A/C controls and locking system. Take note of what customers are saying...Mine drives beautifully but I can't lock it and can't use my hatch or air conditioning. Im suffocating here in Texas with my 2 year old grandson. Give a dam!!!Please

The Best Car I ever have (CRD version 4x4 SXT euro)
By geetee2

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I do not know why US people hate this vehicle so much. I have it for 2 years now - the UK/Euro version with 2.8crd VM diesel and it is just great! It is the sort of vehicle I was looking for years - 4WD, station, spacefull, strong but economic engine and looks great. I do bit of DH so I use to take loads of stuff with me when heading to the Alps. All my previous vehicles - scrappy jap MPV's were struggling with the load, sitting low, going slow(especially uphill) and the fuell consumption extremely high. Never have any mech problems, not even with the interior. yes, the quality of plastic is not great but this is workhorse not range rover, ok? problem with roofrails sorted by recall free

Favorite Features

crd engine-economy of toyota corolla&power of a truck, design out&in, stereo system, level of equipment, rigidity of the body, driving characteristic on the higway improve with more load(weight) on the board-very unusual, 2wd/4wd switchable and simple, safety, internal space(for its size), towing capacity, stain resistant seats,

Suggested Improvements

interior plastic, driver seat/steering wheel /pedals position-ergonomy,vague steering at speed= first feeling =does not want to go straight on the higway but after some experience its just ok, 6speed manual gearbox+clutch=really long travel both,rear axle suspension uncomfortable when going over bumbs, some prices of spare parts are hard to understand-the gate ramhead plastic badge cost more than whole tail light unit(?), only specific dodge branded roof rack fits the roof rails- hugely overpriced........but I can live with all of these minor problems (except those overpriced parts)

07 Dodge Nitro
By Ryan

2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got mine in December 2007, and just the other day, it started swaying back and forth on the highway. a few yeas ago, it used to shut off while driving. but other than that, this SUV is fun, fast, modern, and strong off road. It's great for a family, and or a single person. Just don't get the one with plastic finders, and bumper, because they come off easy.

Favorite Features

speed, and off road abilities.

Suggested Improvements

steering, and all dodge nitro's should be 4x4.