2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Very Pround SXT Owner

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Review

Very Pround SXT Owner
By chel89 on

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car new as a junior in high school in 2005. There were only two SXT's left on the lot, including an orange one with a spoiler. Picked it up for around 13K (on sale) at the time and instantly fell in love. The car has been extremely reliable and I've always felt safe in it. For a "compact car" I actually think it's quiet roomy. I've managed to keep the interior/exterior pretty immaculate for its age. The car isn't without problems. I've had to replace the Camshaft senor twice now (25$ part) and I find the car takes a toll on tires and breaks- so be prepared to replace these a tad earlier than suggested. I also had to replace all 4 motor mounts at 75K. (@81K ATM)

It's definetly gas friendly. It's actually a very stylish car. Inexpensive parts to fix when things DO go wrong. (The 4 motor mounts cost me about $650 to have replaced) It's comfortable. Air conditioning is amazing! Especially being that I live in FL. The heat actually works fast too, for those rare days. And most importantly, it's been a very reliable car for me. I really hope it lasts me another 100K miles.

I don't know what the deal is with this car and camshaft sensors, everyone who owns this car has this problem, but at leasts it's a cheap fix. It's tough on tires and breaks, mainly tires. Notoriously weak motor mounts apparently. (The SRT model doesnt have this issue.)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review