2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Still Love The Neon!

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

Still Love The Neon!
By Matt D. on

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car two years ago with 19k on the odometer. We now have 60k on it. The only issue we've ever had besides a stock battery with a couple dead cells in it, was with a water leak that Chrysler issued a TSB back in '03. I fixed that myself. The car handles great, fairly comfortable for a small car, and is fun to drive. Sure it could use more power, but it's way more than adequate. One thing though, is the in town mileage for this car is pretty low. I average 23 MPG in town. But on the highway, especially on our vacation trips, we hit 37 MPG regularly. The factory Goodyear Eagle LS tires were horrible in the rain and snow. I replaced them with Cooper CS4's and haven't looked back.

The exterior styling, the sound system, the handling, the dash gauges at night. Love the white gauges that black out at night time. It's just an overall cool little car that looks sweet. Honestly, I am looking at buy another Neon for my work car. Then we'll be a two Neon family.

Rear power windows. But those weren't available as an option. Also the stock tires. Put a good set of tires on this car and it will be a night and day difference. The Cooper CS4's I have on it have never let me down during the past two Ohio winters.