2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Quiet Neon

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Review

Quiet Neon
By Mike L on

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Neon SXT new in September 2005. This is August 2009 and not a bit of trouble. It rides, handles, and performs better that I expected for a small car. It has the deluxe insulation group and is quiet. I had the car rust proofed (Ziebart & Sound Barrier). At 56,000 miles replaced the tires with one size larger Goodyear ComforTred tires. The car is now very quiet (no..not exactly Lexus quiet)and even more comfortable for our drives across Michigan to see our grandkids. The car consistently returns 36-37 MPG on the freeway at 70 MPH. I have had a several people tell me what a nice, comfortable small car this is. We like this car very much.

The car looks good and is smooth running. Feels like a larger car. The standard sound system has lots of bass.

Power rear windows would be great. I miss the glove box light (it is not even available from the dealer as an after market item)