Quality Car
By Ivan Ardan on
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Ok, prior to my SRT4 I owned a WRX. I miss my WRX alot, mainly because of the AWD and respect that car has on the road. However, the SRT4 has done nothing but impress me. It has much better top end power than a WRX. I am interested in seing what a stage 2 mopar package is going to do for me. Since I live in CO, I'm dreading the winter w/o AWD. However, when you let the horses loose on the 2.4L turbod engine from the on-ramp of I-25 (which is 75MPH) there is no differance of feeling from an SRT4 and an STI. the regular WRX actually feels slower!
Favorite Features
The turbo. Top end power, especially. Bucket seats are awesome. Engine sounds nice. I love the fact that you can upgrade through mopar and keep your warranty. Extremely nice stock sound system. This car is just a great buy for the money. would recomend to someone spending under $20K
Suggested Improvements
SRT4's need more of a rally look for the interior. I feel like I'm driving my aunt's PT Cruiser when I grab the shift nob. Interior is too plasticky. It needs to look more sporty to turn some heads. Right now, to most people, it's just another ugly Neon. no cruise control! could you imagine w/ AWD:)