Purchased for highway driving.
By Sean on
2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I commute to work, 40 miles each way, so a car advertising high gas mileage and low pricing was key. I bought the car in October '06 when the weather was changing. It made it through the winter no problem; starts promptly, never overheats but I have noticed a few things about the car: Gas mileage advertised is for 60mph. Anything over that, kiss the 32mpg highway goodbye. Engine idles at 6k rpm when stopped, which causes a slight vibration in the cabin. Coolant gauge's normal range varies between top end of cold and first quarter line. Brakes squeak. A lot. Don't be fooled though, they work extremely well! Dodge transmission, expect problems! Already rough at 41.5k.
Favorite Features
Reliable. Handles well. Fun to drive. Nice material chosen for seat cushions. Roomy! I'm a big guy too - 6'5, 250! CD player (Not MP3 CD player or multi-change). Nice sound system. Really good car so far, driven it 10k miles!
Suggested Improvements
5 speed automatic transmission. Tighter steering column (tends to shake, feel wobbly). Better seat design, can be uncomfortable on long drives.