No regrets, great little car
By car_auctioneer on
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I have about 7,000 miles on my SRT-4. Of course it's quick and fun but what surprised me is the refined ride on rough pavement, the quiet highway manners and the interior comfort. I'm 42 years old, and my sense of good/bad is pretty refined by now. I can say that this car "fits like a glove" in the sense that it's real easy to drive smoothly and precisely. On the down side, it's had a few trips to the dealership for a bad battery and a chattering clutch, both fixed under warranty. Worst, there was a knocking in the rear struts and I got the "they all do that" from the dealer. 99 cents worth of vacuum hose jammed in the right spot and a few hours of my time fixed that though!
Favorite Features
Bang for the buck, performance, ride and handling, styling, seat comfort, driving position, shifter. A real driver's car.
Suggested Improvements
Fix that rear strut mount knocking! Improve the fuel economy - even driving in like a granny only returns around 20 mpg city and 24 highway. Tires are smooth but not very grippy and kinda noisy between 35-50 mph. Lack of cruise control and power rear windows also rankles for 20k+.