My 2005 Neon SXT a Perfect 10
By JimmyTheGent on
2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this car new in 2005. Bumper to bumper this car has been the best I've ever owned. I'm a pretty big guy at 6' and about 240 lbs. and is very comfortable and roomy even for me. With 33,000 miles the car still runs and handles new. Even the stereo sounds just as awesome as it did the first day I drove it. Chrysler really had a Winner with this car and hope they will make a Neon comeback someday. So far this car has been a perfect 10 all around and have no intention on trading it or selling it anytime soon.
Favorite Features
Everything
Suggested Improvements
No need for any improvements. Perfect just the way it is.
By sharong61
on 03/05/11 14:30 PM (PST)

I also purchased mine new in 2005 and have 92,000 miles on it as she's still going strong! I love how she hugs the curves, for a little 4 banger, she goes! I went to Tennessee and back last summer (1100 miles totalled) on 2.5 tanks of gas (30 gal. aprox) which averages out to 32-33mpg!! My stereo is kickass! I love the seats folding down in back (almost like a hatchback)and have had to put very little maintenance on her! Did get new tires 2 years ago and replaced brakes once and of course oil changes. She starts when it's cold, the a/c works great even after almost 6 years. Some lady slid into my rear at about 30mph last year, she even picked me up off the ground as we were both going down a hill! She demolished the whole front of her 2007 Ford Fusion, my bumper had 2 very small scratches and she put a dent in my muffler! I never even had it fixed to this day and people can't tell! My only gripe at all about Neons is that they slide easy on packed snow or ice as they are lightweight. Mine will be paid off in a few months and am debating on weather to sell her too as I don't think I'll find as good a car again! Chrysler was crazy to discontinue them! They'd be selling them like hotcakes right now!