2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Great Car with great MPG

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car with great MPG
By scorpion2k5 on

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was the second owner of my 2005 Neon SXT. I purchased it for $14000 with just under 35k mileage on it. I got mainly to go back and forth to school, but ended up doing a lot more than with it. Most of the driving I did with it was on the highway, and I was averaging 36 miles to the gallon, and in the city I was was 32mpg. I was very happy with that. It was a fun little car to drive. I drove it until the front passenger side tie-rod end snapped, and caused me to crash into two other cars. I had only owned the car for less than 6 months before that happened. It was due to poor maintiance from the previous owners never getting the car inspected.

I loved everything about this car. I would have liked to have had a larger engine in it, like 2.4L 4 cylinder or even a 3.0 6 cylinder (which they never made, but I would have loved that nonetheless).

Bring the car back, and make it with an optional 6 cylinder version. I would love to have a new 2013-14 or whatever Neon... That would be awesome.