2005 Dodge Neon 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fastest FWD Car Ever Made.

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SRT-4 Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Fastest FWD Car Ever Made.
By RTShadow on

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a commemorative edition version, one of the last made. I had wanted this car for some time. I like Dodges, and when they came out with this car it was exciting. If you want a quiet car, a super luxurious cushy car, look elsewhere. If you want throw you back into your seat and scream down the road at astonishing speeds with a throaty exhaust, this is the car for you. This is the fastest FWD car ever built, and at the time, fastest new car you could buy under 25k. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a run reliable quick car. You'll find most people with problems have them from doing poor modification jobs.

Favorite Features

Boost gauge, unbelievable heater, motorized sunroof with privacy panel. Kicker sound system with 6 disc changer and 8" sub. SRS air bag seats (these were an option, the viper seats are also excellent however) car easily fits 4 adults, 5 is pushing it but less than an hour is fine. White faced gauges

Suggested Improvements

I immediately installed BWoody Hbrace and traction bars and realistically dodge should have considered this to eliminate wheel hop on hard acceleration from a dig. Stock tires can be very annoying on long trips, perhaps the KDW's were not a wise choice, excellent performance, but noisy.