Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Big Guy/Little Car
By Thomas

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this one after getting a '96 strictly for fuel economy. I am 6'4" the wife is 6'1" and we can travel without having our knees in our chest. Good response to throttle, handling great, and again fuel economy, all in a little car that so far has been VERY reliable. The stereo is great for a car that retailed for only $16,000, especially when you see luxury cars with stereos that aren't much better. Will definitely buy another to "play" with and keep this one for peace of mind on trips. By the way, standing 1/4 mile is 80 MPH, not bad for a economy car.

Mileage, handling, styling, overall performance, stereo and access to the trunk through back seat.

Bring it back, a little more horse power for under $20,000 if possible.Keep the options as they were, lets face it, it was an economy car that was/is fun to drive for not a lot of money.

Beast
By jordan_sterba

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very reliable little car, unfortunately stuff from mopar is real expensive so they are easy to total. But other than that i give the car a 2 thumbs up all around

the 5 speed

more horsepower

Gas mileage?
By moviebuff

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used. It was in Hawaii as a rental. This has been yet another great Dodge product! The only thing I don't get is that it gets better gas mileage at 75-80 MPH then at 65-70. I know another guy that had an older Neon and he said it didn't start running good until you got it up to at least 60 MPH+.

The radio is the best I've ever seen for original equipment.

The black cloth seats are just a bad idea!

Used to like it...
By Julie

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally loved my bright orange Neon SXT, but the thing has had nothing but problems since we bought it. Right now we are trying to figure out why the engine keeps sputtering and cutting out which, upon further research, is common in Neons. The fabric interior shows every wet mark that ever hits it and the car, both inside and outside, scratches and damages very easily. I love the look and color of my car, but that it about all anymore. I'm going to get rid of it the next chance I get.

Style, color

Many long-known about mechanical shortcomings that Dodge refuses to fix for whatever reason: interior engine oil leak, touchy engine, loud brakes, poor quality interior fabrics...

I love my Neon
By jessicaann2005

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Neon SXT came with the SRT4 exterior package. It is awesome looking and great on gas mileage and fits my whole family. I have looked forward to finally getting one for the past few years.

The srt4 body kit, gas mileage, and the interior is awesome!