2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Neon SXT with spoiler, dual exhaust package
By Nova W. on 07/27/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned older model Neons and I love my car so far. I think Dodge has improved on some of the problems. I have kids and it's plenty roomy for the family and still sporty and fun to drive.

I Like This Car!
By John on 07/22/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far this 2005 Neon of mine has been a real jewel. The car is very attractive and clean. The interior is simple, but very roomy(I'm 6'0") and pretty comfortable. I think the dash is very handsome too. Not too mention the trunk is very large and the gas mileage is unbelievable.

Whoa - This Car Is Sweet!
By Jeff on 07/22/05 04:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've bought about 30 new cars in my life and recently traded in my Ford truck for a new '05 Neon, primarily for the fuel savings. I had a '98 Neon that I drove for 150,000+ miles trouble free, so I knew they were reliable. This new model (SXT) is so much nicer than the 98 I can't believe it. It's comfortable, quick, and looks great. The fit and finish is outstanding and the price is reasonable. The suspension and steering and feel of the car is just flat "stuck." I really don't see how the folks at Daimler Chrysler can afford to sell this car for the price they charge, it's that nice of a car. It feels almost large inside and is so well made and tight that I recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Nice car, for what it is.
By Mike on 06/02/05 19:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When deciding to purchase a new car, I looked and test drove the 2005 Dodge Neon SXT Special Edition, the Ford Focus, and the Plymouth PT Cruiser. I felt I made the best decision for what I've spent on the car since its initial purchase. Gas mileage in town is around 26-29 MPG and town/highway is around 31. The car is sporty and is fun to drive. The SXT Special Edition package was a definite plus in the factor of my purchase. The kicker 6-disc changer with 6 speakers and subwoofer sounds amazing, although don't expect to blow your doors off. The chrome 15" rims are nice, just not all that flashy. I'd definitely recommend the Neon SXT if you don't want the price tag on a nicer car.

Love My Neon
By Kelly on 05/27/05 08:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Neon which I have owned. I would still have my '98 if it wouldn't have been killed in a car accident. They are cute cars that are very reliable and give me above basic transportation at a good price that I was looking for.

Neon, America's Little Car
By abcubbie on 05/01/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. It handles like it's on rails, and is much better than that Toyota I had. Very smooth automatic transmission, not clunky and slow to shift like European cars.

Nice car that isn't that expensive!
By Sandy on 03/31/05 04:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Neon before and let me say that they are much improved over the years. I love the newer body style. I love the stereo. Actually I put a 8 inch Rockford Fosgate bass tube in the trunk...and wow is it loud...really turns heads! I love the color...I got the red...so pretty. Really a nice car for only around $15,000.00!

Pretty good car
By joseph on 03/23/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought my Neon SE and have taken 4 very long trips since. I am impressed with the quiet interior and the handling. Not a whole lot of power but then again you don't buy a Neon for power. In todays world with the rising cost of fuel and all other products, I think this vehicle is a smart and economical buy. Parts are cheap, gas mileage is good ( I get around 35-37 hwy, 28-30 city), and the warrenty by Chrysler is outstanding.

My fun 2nd car
By Hector Fussa on 03/10/05 11:53 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this vehicle as a 2nd car mainly for commuting, and I love it. I added 17" wheels and some fat tires, tinted the windows so it looks cool. it came with a decent warranty at an excellent price. Toyotas and Hondas are getting too expensive and I think that this Neon with the proper maintanance and care will last me a few years.

Great Car, Great Buy
By C baker on 03/08/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Dodge Neon for quite a while now, and it has been the best car I have ever had. The 5 speed is fun to drive. If you are concidering this vehicle I would absolutly drive it, because you can not appreciate it until you drive it.