Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Hate this car
By soltantoneisogni

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It knows it too and hates me right back. It has just over 50000 miles on it and I've already had to replace the cam shaft sensor, due to the car not starting last summer, and now I have to put $400 into the transmission. This car gets regular oil changes and maitanence and it is the biggest mistake I've ever made. I owe too much to trade it in, but it is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever owned. It has completely turned me off American cars. Never again. If you love pouring money into a hopeless case, the Neon is for you. It is the worst mistake I have ever made. Ever. I wish I could rewind my life and take it back. Hate the Neon. N.E.O.N = never ever own Neons. Garbage.

The fact that I can trade it in in three months.

Considering they already stopped making the model, which was my only suggested improvement, none.

Dimples has been great to me so far
By kldtoto

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the SRT body and it is the 5 speed trans. I love this car and have over 100,000 miles on it so far. I have had no problems beside annual maintenance. When it is warm out, sometimes I have to try a couple of times before the car starts, but it is not an every day occurance. I travel across country 2-3 times a year and commute 100 miles a day (total) for work. I would recommend this car to anyone. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

5-speed transmission, stereo, room, gas mileage

I think the spoiler is in the way of the rear view mirror, but I can live with it.

Great Car
By Rocky

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great and reliable car. I get awesome visibility from all angles. I like to maintain my own car and everything under the hood has easy access and comfort. I don't have to fight to fit my arm down tight spots. It has great handling and maneuverability. It's cheap to maintain and has great miles to the gallon in both city and highway. I only wish it had more space in the trunk and the back seats.

Miles to the gallon. I put 87 rating and the car only has the factory hardware. I get between 27-29 mpg in city and between 33-36 mpg in highway.

More trunk and back seats space.

Big Guy/Little Car
By Thomas

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this one after getting a '96 strictly for fuel economy. I am 6'4" the wife is 6'1" and we can travel without having our knees in our chest. Good response to throttle, handling great, and again fuel economy, all in a little car that so far has been VERY reliable. The stereo is great for a car that retailed for only $16,000, especially when you see luxury cars with stereos that aren't much better. Will definitely buy another to "play" with and keep this one for peace of mind on trips. By the way, standing 1/4 mile is 80 MPH, not bad for a economy car.

Mileage, handling, styling, overall performance, stereo and access to the trunk through back seat.

Bring it back, a little more horse power for under $20,000 if possible.Keep the options as they were, lets face it, it was an economy car that was/is fun to drive for not a lot of money.

Beast
By jordan_sterba

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very reliable little car, unfortunately stuff from mopar is real expensive so they are easy to total. But other than that i give the car a 2 thumbs up all around

the 5 speed