Used 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Wouldn't Have Believed it
By gonzoy5

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If someone would have told me how sweet this car was I wouldn't have believed it. But once I drove it I was hooked. Sure it's a little rough around the edges, but it's dead on where it counts. Outperforms cars that are thousands more right out of the dealer lot. Performance upgrades are cheap and easy. Racing style Seats are great after getting used to them. I took a 4 hour trip a month after getting the car and I didn't even think about them. It's a nice commuter car. Small enough to zip around town, fast enough to get away from the SUV's that dominate the roads. Small performance car designers should use this as a template.

Favorite Features

FAST FAST FAST, BUT....good mileage when driven conservatively.

Suggested Improvements

6 Speed Tranny & improve shifter "clunkyness" REAR Power windows. Cruise Control. Nicer looking rear wing. Wider Tires (17x7) RWD

Most amazing car for the Money I spent
By ACR SRT-4

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I must say I was recently in the market for a new car. I could not decide what I wanted I went back and forth between cars I was looking at the Subaru sti and the evo MR until I had spoken to a friend and he advised me to look at an SRT-4. I didn't even know what they were at the time. I did some research and found out a lot about them. So needless to say last fall in sept of 07 I purchased my srt- 4. I got it used but I must say it was taken care of very well I bought the 2005 ACR SRT-4 with the acr seats and wider tires and to this day I must say this is probably one of the best cars you can buy for you money. amazing performance and everything else.

Favorite Features

I love the power now that I have put some upgrades in my srt-4. It really flies soon. I will be putting in a new turbo intercooler and everything trying to break the 500whp mark. I also love that in the ACR package you the the seats which allows you to put 5 point racing harnesses. love the sunroof

Suggested Improvements

The back windows should have been power windows. and the transmission could have maybe been worked on a little bit I find I am constantly missing 3rd gear and going down to 1st is hard unless your completely stopped

Fun , Fun, Fun!
By bennydojo

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got mine brand spanking new, I can tell you other than a couple of warranty fixes early on it has been very reliable. This car is load of fun, when that turbo kicks in you better hold on tight to the steering wheel.

Favorite Features

Fast, Stereo System, Compliments

Suggested Improvements

Higher speed limits

103,000 run hard
By 1oldwolf1

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have owned my srt4 since new now has 103,000. In all this time replace battery and 2 sensors, just did 100,000 mile timing belt and seals. Uses no oil between 3000 mile oils changes run super at 103,000 mile just putting on 5th set of tires, mods cat-back tail pipe from Dodge, k&n filters, pillar Gage pod to add volts and oil pressure, bbs 7 inch rims with 225 x 45 x 17 tires (a must do) had after market Cruise add at the dealer before it came home. Options side airbags, sunroof from factory. Owen this car since 9 miles drive it everywhere 20 in city and 32 hi way at 103,000 miles. It a blast would not trade it for anything but a viper. I also Owen 1972 road runner 440 4 speed still love srt4 daily

Favorite Features

2.4 turbo, 5 speed, 4 disk with antilocks. stops very quick. fun on road course!

Suggested Improvements

catback gains 4 mpg gauge pod with volts and oil pressure 7 x17 rims and 225 x 45 x 17 tires komho or handkook stage II kit with toys (turn down turbo for just driving) after market tail and head lights (better looking)

SRT-4 is awesome
By PyroSRT-4

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

SRT-4 delivers more than anticipated, and with all of the mods you can buy make this car fun and exciting. It's very loud and very aggressive. Handling is very well. Drop the car about an inch or two will make the handling even better. Car is an awesome car that delivers as promised, and the gas mileage is really good. On average I get about 25 miles per gallon in the city and about 32 miles per gallon on the highway.

Favorite Features

The exhaust and BOV sounds, and the mods you can buy.

Suggested Improvements

Drop about an inch at least. Bigger rims and better handling tires, mopar exhaust and mopar BOV.