2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )
SRT-4
By Lin Dailey on 12/04/04 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had nothing but pleasure driving this auto. It is quick and corners very nice. Many people try to race me but I just smile and pay attention to the road. I really enjoy driving and this has been one of the funnest cars I have driven in 35 years.

Not just a neon
By dave on 12/04/04 08:29 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Everyone thinks it just looks like a neon, but it's not. Fully equipped, the SRT-4 will run you around 22,000. Not a bad price for what you get. Its competitors the evo and sti are very well built cars for the price; the only difference between the evo and sti is price. The evo will run you a secure 29,000, and the sti will run around 33,000. Originally a concept car in 1998, they wanted to make the srt-4 supercharged and only running 12psi and making 170 hp. But Dodge has been making turbo cars since the early 70's with the turbo z and shelby. Experience helps in this case. But u still get the fuel economy of a sedan and the price of a typical 4 door. But the hp it provides all the fun.

Problems experienced with my 2005 SRT 4
By Charles on 12/03/04 19:17 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have not owned this car long but I have have had bad experience with this car.My first problems when i travling from L.A. to San Diego.Car started backfiring and losing a lot of power. This car had 1200 miles.The engine light came on.I was forced to leave the vehicle at a local dealership. I was stranded 50 miles from my destination.There roadside assistance was no help.My second bad experience when I was traveling to work same problem occurred.It appears the Barwick Auto Group tech did not fix the problem.I decided to bring the car to Rancho Auto grp. It apears the problems are coming from the crankcase sensor.I p/u car from Rancho Auto. Third time same problem-only 1800 mi on car.

Middle Age Crazy
By Bill9725 on 12/01/04 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love the extreme power. Fun watching the Young that know what it is, the older types just think it is a body dress kit. Excellent engine and handling, even able to fit large size adults nicely. Has outstanding Mileage, Power, and Handling. Everyone that gets a ride in the car is amaized at the abilitys of a basic economy car.

e-ticket fun
By kws103 on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Looked at a bunch of cars in this size range. All of them that had any fun factor wound up to be at least $20K, and none of them even came close to the ride of the SRT-4 (I swear it would accelerate going straight up). I've had a number of sports cars in the past; this blows them away in terms of acceleration and handling both. And everyone who knows anything about sports cars literally drools over it (I've had people chase me down on the interstate just to take a gander at it). The only drawback is that I now have to drive everywhere. Everyone and his brother (and my kids and all my kids friends and ...) wants to ride in it!

My Dodge SRT-4
By Harold B on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun car with plenty of pep. Handles like a Porsche and I had a Porsche in 1961

Real Performance
By IVIasta on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Refined from the begining, modded 2003 w/o limited slip, the LSD that comes standard is well worth the money, given the competition there is none, in it's bracket only comparison is cars 10-15K more. i would suggest if you're looking for a cheap pocket rocket the SRT-4 should be at the top of your list.

jus a plain lookin neon but fast
By coronaman21 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

very quick, but the one im driving im having problems with. accelerater sensor but its under warrenty so nothing to worry about.

my srt
By apoczen on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The srt-4 in my opinion is the best bang for the buck car in many ways. Performance is that of something priced in the high 20's low 30's such as the evo and the sti. Also the exterior has a very appealing look that a lot of lower priced cars lack. The last thing the interior on this car suddle but sport.

NEON SRT-4
By MARK on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

THIS CAR IS BALSA AWSOME POWER AND TOURQ THE TRANY IS TIGHT BUT COULD BE CLOSER BUT ITS GOOD FOR NOW.