2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Just purchased
By Angel on 09/22/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would never have purchased a Dodge Neon had there not been any PT cruisers. After driving the Neon and seeing that it would indeed get the best gas miliage for the money, I couldn't turn it down. Come to find out I really love the little car and will enjoy driving it for the future.

Bought Another One!
By Christine on 09/21/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This new baby replaced my old '96--so many of the bugs have been worked on that I'm even more pleasantly surprised than I expected. Gas mileage, even though the new one is auto and prior was manual--is still phenomenal. Only drawback is the significant lag in pickup, which I did not experience with my former Neon. (My former wasn't nearly as 'cool' looking though. Great to have a car I don't have to park a block away and sneak into places to avoid being seen)

2005 Dodge Neon
By blueram13 on 09/14/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Economy car that provides good gas mileage and reliable transportation. Drives 80 miles a day to work. Last Neon (1998) drove 175,000 miles and only needed a head gasket. Very happy with all around performance.

Love my Mopar
By Lines44 on 09/06/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 98 was totaled in an accident but no one was hurt. I bought a new SXT and it's great. Fun to drive, peppy and good economy. Lots of little features. Noticibly quieter than the 98.

'05 Dodge Neon
By Karen B on 09/06/05 23:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have to admit I wasn't impressed by the Neon's appearance the first time I saw it. Since buying one, I have thoroughly enjoyed the comfortable interior and sporty feel. I'm also very impressed with the power it has compared to our other car (also 4 cyl, but only 1.4L engine.) And I have to admit for stock speakers- they can really put out the bass.

It's a Cool Little Car
By Cheekymonkey478 on 09/06/05 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace my 1999 Ford ZX-2 due to electrical problems, so I did not have time to do a lot of car shopping. At first, I was not very enthusiastic about the Neon until I drove it. I love the body style, it's not the Neon I remember from the mid-90's. It's a great looking little car. I was pleasantly suprised with it's smooth ride and peppy 4 cylinder. I am a tall girl (5'10)and feel very comfortable behind the wheel. The interior is suprisingly roomy and the seats are very comfortable. Overall, the car is fun to drive and very stylish(it has a really cool front end and check out the spoiler). It is a great value for the money and its sporty good looks makes it a very cool little car.

New to cars.
By Trisstis on 09/05/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Because of the recent hike in gas, I sold my '99 S-10 and made the move to a smaller car. It's a huge difference to go from 20mpg highway to 32! I have a long commute, so I needed a fuel efficient, reliable and sporty little car. I really got it in this one, and it has a great sound system. Only con is that it's really very silly to have power front windows...but not in the rear. Why did they do that?

Very good for price
By CAB on 08/09/05 00:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a second car, cheap and economical. (Replacing a Corolla 99). It's less refined in the interiors but meet the requirements. It is more fun to drive, better equiped, and has outstanding audio (almost U$ 5000 less than Corolla, Civic and Mazda3 in Puerto Rico)An excellent car for the price!

Pleasant surprise
By redneon on 08/01/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was set on buying the Civic VP, but rerouted when I tried the Neon. A comfortable ride with peppy engine and good handling, though not nearly as smooth as the Civic. But it's far superior in styling and has a lot more personality than any other car in its price range. It's a better buy too After rebates/tax/tags/etc. I would've spent $14-15K for a 2-door auto Civic with only AC and CD. For $13K total I got a 4-door Neon with AC, CD (great sound), sport appearance (spoiler!), keyless entry, Identity security system, power package and heated side mirrors.

Third Neon
By T R Nagel on 07/31/05 02:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Neon. The continued upgrades prompted me to buy another one this year. Great pricing, great features, and peppy tight performance keep me coming back. I am really glad Dodge finally put in a four speed automatic transmission. Overall a fun, reliable, economical car.