2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )
Great Car. Not so great price.
By Justin on 02/24/05 18:09 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is by far the best car I have driven in the 20K range. The only thing is that you can not find it for that price (at least around here). Everywhere I look dealers are selling it for 27k +!! I love the car and would buy it right now if I could find one for 21k. I don't know if it is worth 27k.

Bang for the Buck
By SRT4 on 02/23/05 02:48 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great Performance without the big V8s A sleeper car in Europe. Only the Americans are driving SRT4s. Its fun to see a persons face who paid 3 times what you paid, when passing them on the Autobahn.

SRT-4
By Ryan Chorzempa on 02/02/05 00:48 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The raw amount of power this vehicle has in its small package is simply awesome. Never have I seen a stock torque curve in a car for around $20,000 like this one, and the upgrade options for the SRT-4 are also amazing. Consumers will love the fact that Mopar (Daimler-Chrysler parts division) produces factory upgrade kits for the vehicle. And in regards to the ever important fuel economy, you cannot beat a turbo I-4: Keep the vehicle out of boost when you are trying to conserve fuel and mash the throttle when you want to roast your tires. Simply put, this is the best car for its price.

Dodge Hot Rod
By Kurt on 01/29/05 05:29 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is sharp looking. Has the sport suspension, wheels, tires, fog lights. Lots of power for the money. Fun to drive. Very responsive.

2003 SRT4 yellow
By bo grizz on 01/25/05 03:52 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Awesome car love to drive it every chance I get. The price is great and will outrun a lot of cars that cost a lot more. When you need the power it's there. I am 60 years old and it reminds me of the 60's era. All I say to people is to get in one and test drive it and you will see what I mean, it is one mean machine.

Great Performance
By Ed on 01/22/05 21:49 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am very happy with this vehicle so far. The performance is great and it's a blast to drive. It should also include the stage one kit for 240 horsepower and WOT boost hold standard. I think a variable intake/exhaust timing and lift would help a lot. The worst feature is horrid fuel economy. I have averaged as bad as 20 mpg on pure highway driving and it has a rating of 30 mpg highway. My Sentra Spec V had a 28 mpg rating and I was getting 35mpg. Very disappointing

Great Overall Car! Best Purchase ever!!!
By Ken Mooney on 12/27/04 17:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car for the price!

Damn fun SRT-4
By Tom Wyse on 12/23/04 00:48 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just plain fun to drive! Nothing like performance AND mileage. I have gotten as good as 29 MPG and as low as 22 (driven with fun and gusto). I'd read a complaint about poor visibility with the rear spoiler, but find it fine unless I want to see over a 1/2 mile back. Now I want the SRT-10 pickup. The biggest single modification I made was to replace the engine mounts, that ELIMINATED any wheel hop.

Fun cheap car
By pap on 12/20/04 21:38 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for almost a year. I LOVE IT. Plenty of room for modifications if your into that type of thing (this car is made for it) The best bang for buck for a compact rocket ship.

bang for the buck Rush!!
By handling guy on 12/18/04 15:03 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I finaly went out and drove the SRT-4 yesterday and was more than pleasantly supprised. Understeer was very minimal with considerable wheelspin on slower corners. But when I expected understeer the car clung to its line and glided exactly where I wanted it. High speed cornering was a little less impresive with the car seeming to wobble around and not want to keep a set but overall balance was excellent for a car in this class. Compared to the nissan spec-V the dodge has much less understeer on slower cornering and accelerated with a punch that the nissan didn't have. However on the high speed corners the SER seemed more set and planted at the limit. all in all I had a smile on my face.