Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Our neon named "Dimples"
By koneill

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new back in 2005 and now in 2009 it has 115,000 miles and have had no problems so far (knock on wood). Take yearly trips cross country with the kids and get good gas mileage. The only complaint is all the dents from wildlife running into it, polls jumping in front of it and carts that are attracted to it. I am waiting for everything to start falling apart on it Dimples, but so far, I have love this car and am attached to it.

Love the 5-speed, dual exhaust and the looks I get when I drive it around our small town.

Built in DVD player for the kids (and myself), built-in cooler in the armrest, steering wheel cooler/warmer and rocket power to fly over traffic.

2nd Amazing Neon, still have the first !
By Dodge Man

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely excellent little car. 20,000 miles so far, w/o a hitch. 30 city/37 hwy with 5 speed. I'd never own an automatic anything! I own a '95 model, purchased new in April of '94. Still going strong with 115,000 miles.... I take very good care of my equipment and it lasts.

MPG...always....more comfy than the older one, bigger trunk and more passenger room....

more insulation from road noise....

Love this CAR
By Tonks

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in 12/2005 with a whole 99 miles on it!!! I now have 91,000 miles on it and it is still running great I have had no mechanical problems with it and love to drive it everywhere the gas mileage is amazing!!!!

Body style I love how my car looks!

None

Best car I've had for gas mileage
By mopar4ever

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon in June of 2005 with 5,000 miles on it. It is now Feb of 2009 and I have a little over 105,000 miles on it. There has never been anything wrong with the car except routine work like oil, spark plugs, wires, etc. I did however have a transmission cooler liner split when it had 104,000 miles but that is a normal wear and tear item as well. My passenger CV shaft is acting up as well now but it has 105,000 miles on it plus with me doing the burnouts I do with it doesn't help. Overall it is a great car all in all.

Great gas mileage 28-30 city and 32-37 highway. Comfortable and very convenient interior. Rides great even with my seventeens with 40 series tires. Handles amazing and surprisingly for what it is. I beat v6 not v8 Mustangs and Camaros with it.

Rear power windows but it's not a must have. Really nothing else.

Good Car
By paramedic423

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT for my wife in 2005. This car gets great gas mileage. The only problem we have had with this car is we had to replace a sensor. This car always starts right up even on the coldest days. Took a long road trip earlier this fall and gas mileage was great. Just wished it would of had cruise control.

Should have put power windows in the back. Wish the car had cruise control on it for long road trips.