Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Love this CAR
By Tonks

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in 12/2005 with a whole 99 miles on it!!! I now have 91,000 miles on it and it is still running great I have had no mechanical problems with it and love to drive it everywhere the gas mileage is amazing!!!!

Favorite Features

Body style I love how my car looks!

Suggested Improvements

None

Best car I've had for gas mileage
By mopar4ever

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Neon in June of 2005 with 5,000 miles on it. It is now Feb of 2009 and I have a little over 105,000 miles on it. There has never been anything wrong with the car except routine work like oil, spark plugs, wires, etc. I did however have a transmission cooler liner split when it had 104,000 miles but that is a normal wear and tear item as well. My passenger CV shaft is acting up as well now but it has 105,000 miles on it plus with me doing the burnouts I do with it doesn't help. Overall it is a great car all in all.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage 28-30 city and 32-37 highway. Comfortable and very convenient interior. Rides great even with my seventeens with 40 series tires. Handles amazing and surprisingly for what it is. I beat v6 not v8 Mustangs and Camaros with it.

Suggested Improvements

Rear power windows but it's not a must have. Really nothing else.

Good Car
By paramedic423

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT for my wife in 2005. This car gets great gas mileage. The only problem we have had with this car is we had to replace a sensor. This car always starts right up even on the coldest days. Took a long road trip earlier this fall and gas mileage was great. Just wished it would of had cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Should have put power windows in the back. Wish the car had cruise control on it for long road trips.

SRT-4
By moparfiend

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Third owner of the car. I own three old MOPARS and find that this is actually the most fun to drive. I consistantly get 30+ MPG and do not drive below the speed limit. I commute 75 miles round trip a day on the interstate. I have lowered the car, replaced the brakes, shocks, intake, exhaust and now have the T3R Mopar system completely installed. There are very few vehicles that can accelerate or keep up when the pedal is to the metal.

Favorite Features

Motor. The car could have used the 6 speed that Chrysler decided to put into the Caliber SRT-4. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Chrysler had kept the Neon SRT-4 and made it into a 2 door version.

Best of the Best
By Neon Lover

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 05 Neon for almost 3 years and drove the heck out of it! Purchased at 7800 miles and wrecked 2 weeks ago at 54000. I have driven this car as a daily commuter as well as our main travel car. I drove it cross country last summer. I have to say this car is amazing! It has never had any problems, any at all. It drives well has good handling and response. Cup holders have great placement, I love the arm rest. My model had power windows in front only- I saved about $500 and not once did I miss having power back seat windows. I did replace the tires and brakes at 53000 but they said I would have had a few months left. I got about 24-27mpg city not great but highway 33.

Favorite Features

Easy access air and radio controls- cute styling, interior and exterior very decent for all those miles, super comfy seats - even after driving and driving, great cup holder placement, arm rest was great. We had 3k equity in this car with a 2.5 years of payments left and no down payment --excellent

Suggested Improvements

Paint -- did have small areas of missing paint and small rust spots.