2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Cool Car
By El VatoLoco on 12/18/05 10:12 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far this car has been very fun to drive and the factory sound system is just awesome. The body styling is also the best styled Neon i've seen so far. The interior is well made as well and its also great on gas. And there is so many aftermarket parts for it as well which is a good thing for me.

I love my car
By DEB on 11/29/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car a few weeks ago and just love everything about it. The handling is great, the dash is easy to read, the stereo is awsome, and plenty of interior room for my family. I usually drive a van or a full size pickup buy really enjoy the size of this car. It is easy to manuver in parking lots. The only thing negative I have to say is the the front end is hard to see from the drivers seat. Judging the front will come in time, but for now I have to watch out for it.

Good car
By good car on 11/25/05 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really do like this car. The only thing is that I don't like the ride quality at a stop. It shakes too much but it makes up for that in the banging system you get for such a cheap price. This car also has a sporty feel to it

Wonderful car
By armywife10 on 11/22/05 05:06 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A wonderful car, I love the amount of trunk space, and I am a fairly tall person and there is more than enough leg room. The back seat holds 2 large car seats with plenty of extra room. The stereo system is awesome. It handles great at any speed.

Suprised
By iggy on 11/17/05 20:20 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Was suprised at the performance of the Neon. The fact that the rear windows aren't power doesn't bother me at all because I have a little one that could hit the down button a lot easier then she could roll one down manually. As far as gas mileage goes, I probably average 30 mpg and I drive more city than hwy, doing almost 3000 miles a month. For a nice car, but low payment, a Neon is well worth it.

Not a bad low end car, better than used!
By mkammer on 11/09/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car that I have owned. With the current interest rates and promotions at the time, it simply made sense for the first time to buy new. Yes it is true that this is not a "Luxury" car. (Compared to our 1998 Buick LeSabre, many features are lacking). However the 5 speed stick is very responsive. The sound system is quite good, mileage very good. The only negative that I have seen is the clutch seems to "flutter" a bit in 2nd gear (sort of like a bungie cord). Overall I am very happy with the purchase. I have 13k miles with absolutely no maintenance issues whatsoever. (Also the 5mph rear bumpers really do work!) I was even complimented on my "Parking Style".

The Best Car I Ever Had
By Christina Harris on 11/05/05 22:31 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has the best performance and duribility around. I have never had such a wonderful experience driving this car. It is very comfortable and spacious and kid friendly.

Pretty good car for price
By Heather on 11/05/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has a few minor problems such as brakes emitting excessive brake dust but overall a pretty good buy

Cute car
By crankyone on 11/05/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's a cute car, it's nice and fun to drive, but there's always something going wrong with it after 3 months. The engine/transmission light always comes on, even when it rains and nothing is wrong with the car whatsoever. It's frustrating taking it in thinking something is wrong with it, and then being told there isn't anything wrong with it, and still having the light on

Brakes
By Neon on 10/12/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The brakes make such a noise - dealership and others say that this is way Neons are. Cannot be changed. Seems to me that if they can design other cars not to have this problem why they could not use the same technology to the Neon. Very unhappy with the car and such noisy brakes - and unhappy that the dealership and unhappy that Dodge/Chrysler seems ok with that. Also - know that the tank is only 10 gallons - always filling up.