2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews 7

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Fun and inexpensive
By wax on 11/18/07 06:51 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon. I love it. I blast around full throttle and still get close to 35 mpg. I think we drove every small car made before we made our decision. The only one that even came close to the performance of the Neon was the Mazda. I drive a lot of miles, and buy new cars often.

Neon SRT-4
By Whiteacrsrt05 on 11/07/07 09:32 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive. I have hit a tree doing 80mph in the left rear, and walked away with no problems. I used to own a nissan sentra SER Spec V....I thought that car was fun untill I test drove my Neon, Fun factor of 10!

BUY CHEAP....BUY TWICE!!
By Bob in Ohio on 10/23/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap made economy car. Gets you from point A to point B and that's all the good things I have to say about it. Fuel economy is not very good for this size of car. BRAKES, BRAKES, BRAKES THEY SOUND LIKE A TRAIN COMING TO A STOP !!!!

Best car ever
By this car is badass on 08/26/07 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When i bought the srt-4 it was nothing short of my expectations. Every time I get behind the wheel I feel that adrenaline rush of the anticipated speed. Straight up the best car I've ever owned. If you are looking to wipe the smile peoples faces and turn heads whereever you may travel this is the car for you.

Kickin' Car for the Price
By codeninja on 06/30/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very stylish, incredible performance. Little bit of vibration, but that's due to the incredible rumble from the exhaust. And you can increase the performance of this vehicle with a stage 3 kit and still be under warranty! How awesome is that?

2nd Neon Purchace
By Kay on 06/08/07 04:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Dodge Neon purchase. I bought the 2005 Dodge Neon STX model with rear spoiler this time. This model is sporty stylish and still turns heads. It's roomy and has pep when you put your foot on the gas. I love this car for the price and gas miles. Relieable so far.

Great car for the money
By Ed on 05/10/07 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car is a blast to drive and outperforms many cars that cost more than twice as much. I have owned two SRT-4s and have found them to be very reliable. On the downside, the interior looks cheap and there are various squeaks and rattles. These surfaced very early on. Build quality - particularly the paint leaves something to be desired. Mechanically, I've had no issues. The SRT-4 has many practical features and has been great as a daily commuter and is not bad on long trips. For the tuner crowd, the SRT-4 is well supported by the aftermarket and there are plenty of performance upgrades available.

Very underrated car
By Rick on 05/03/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my college-bound daughter after much debate vs. a small Honda or Toyota. Could not be happier with the decision. This car is stylish, fun to drive, trouble-free, and we saved a lot of money on the purchase vs. competitive models. We had a 1998 Neon and this redesign is a completely different automobile.

2 yrs, 30k miles, still love my SRT-4
By Scott on 05/03/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was bought as my daily driver after I moved to the UK. Stock it has great power and handling. After about a month though modified it slightly. Increased hp/tq. Now it is my daily driver and track car. I take it to the track atleast once a month & put down over 300 hp & 350 tq (13.0 sec at 110 mph in 1/4 mile) on stock turbo. Mods are fairly priced. So far this has been the best car I have ever owned. 2 yrs, track days once a month, over 300 whp and you know what the best part is, it runs with zero problems everyday. Reliability is outstanding. People joke about "it's a Dodge" or "it's a Neon" but in the end my Neon is more reliable than their own cars.

Mustang eater!
By Turbo-G on 04/16/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is one rocket right out of the box. I can't believe the real power this thing puts out. I love the looks on the faces of the other brand owners when you smoke past them on the road. I live in an area with a lot of Mustang owners, and now a lot of sad Mustang owners. This car is one fun ride. Just hop in and get it on. Best bang for the buck hands down.