2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
srt4 acr
By dodgesrt4acr on 07/03/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is a great car the only thing I have done is replace tires and change the oil. It has been perfect and at top speed it is glued to the road it is amazing. The acr came with adjustable struts so it handles great but a little harsh. Just like it should there has been many much higher priced cars that have been shamed when they cannot keep up. This car I will keep for a long time. People complain about the transmission just install mopar short shifter and no more problem, remember mobilone.

My little sasha
By sometimessasha on 06/25/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car! She preforms very well and I always get compliments from men and women. (mostly men) my baby moves very well and I don't let anyone drive her. Thanks Dodge for a great car.

Beast
By jordan_sterba on 06/17/08 22:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very reliable little car, unfortunately stuff from mopar is real expensive so they are easy to total. But other than that i give the car a 2 thumbs up all around

Gas mileage?
By moviebuff on 05/30/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used. It was in Hawaii as a rental. This has been yet another great Dodge product! The only thing I don't get is that it gets better gas mileage at 75-80 MPH then at 65-70. I know another guy that had an older Neon and he said it didn't start running good until you got it up to at least 60 MPH+.

Used to like it...
By Julie on 05/22/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally loved my bright orange Neon SXT, but the thing has had nothing but problems since we bought it. Right now we are trying to figure out why the engine keeps sputtering and cutting out which, upon further research, is common in Neons. The fabric interior shows every wet mark that ever hits it and the car, both inside and outside, scratches and damages very easily. I love the look and color of my car, but that it about all anymore. I'm going to get rid of it the next chance I get.

Most amazing car for the Money I spent
By ACR SRT-4 on 04/13/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I must say I was recently in the market for a new car. I could not decide what I wanted I went back and forth between cars I was looking at the Subaru sti and the evo MR until I had spoken to a friend and he advised me to look at an SRT-4. I didn't even know what they were at the time. I did some research and found out a lot about them. So needless to say last fall in sept of 07 I purchased my srt- 4. I got it used but I must say it was taken care of very well I bought the 2005 ACR SRT-4 with the acr seats and wider tires and to this day I must say this is probably one of the best cars you can buy for you money. amazing performance and everything else.

I love my Neon
By jessicaann2005 on 01/04/08 09:13 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Neon SXT came with the SRT4 exterior package. It is awesome looking and great on gas mileage and fits my whole family. I have looked forward to finally getting one for the past few years.

Why did Dodge discontinue this model?
By jrb on 01/01/08 15:58 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We operate this car in our courier business. It has a 5 speed manual trans. (Had been using Nissan hardbody pickups because of their reliability.) We have owned this car 2 years & 3 months; it has 225,000 miles on it. We are saving a lot of money, compared to the Nissans, on insurance, fuel, and maintenance. We use synthetic oil. Only maintenance we have had to do is spark plugs and wires and one timing belt. We use it city and highway driving over 400 miles per day at 32 mpg. This has probably been the most reliable "American" make I have ever owned. I cannot believe Dodge discontinued this model. It is too good to believe except that we have used it and seen it. Why did you end it Dodge?

Supercar performance, poor man's price!
By iturbosrt4 on 11/24/07 08:09 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're looking for something fast, rare and eye-catching for a cheap price, you're reading the review for the perfect car. Everytime I get into my car I'm afraid I'm going to get a speeding ticket. You don't even realize how fast you're going sometimes. Some say the interior is cheap but I say it's perfect for me. If I wanted a luxury car, I would've brought one. The 6 CD stereo system is crystal clear, the bucket seats are comfortable and all the controls are placed in arms reach. That's all I need!

Fun and inexpensive
By wax on 11/18/07 06:51 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon. I love it. I blast around full throttle and still get close to 35 mpg. I think we drove every small car made before we made our decision. The only one that even came close to the performance of the Neon was the Mazda. I drive a lot of miles, and buy new cars often.