Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Most Helpful|
Problems experienced with my 2005 SRT 4
By Charles

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have not owned this car long but I have have had bad experience with this car.My first problems when i travling from L.A. to San Diego.Car started backfiring and losing a lot of power. This car had 1200 miles.The engine light came on.I was forced to leave the vehicle at a local dealership. I was stranded 50 miles from my destination.There roadside assistance was no help.My second bad experience when I was traveling to work same problem occurred.It appears the Barwick Auto Group tech did not fix the problem.I decided to bring the car to Rancho Auto grp. It apears the problems are coming from the crankcase sensor.I p/u car from Rancho Auto. Third time same problem-only 1800 mi on car.

Favorite Features

Car is very fun to drive when it is operating. Very powerful sporty and fast.

Suggested Improvements

Based on my experience, I do not trust the car for the long haul. Maybe I got the LEMON. However, I lost all confidence in the vehicle. According to the California Lemon law. They should replace the vehicle or give me my money back. They refused. Now I'll probably never buy a Chrysler product.

BUY CHEAP....BUY TWICE!!
By Bob in Ohio

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap made economy car. Gets you from point A to point B and that's all the good things I have to say about it. Fuel economy is not very good for this size of car. BRAKES, BRAKES, BRAKES THEY SOUND LIKE A TRAIN COMING TO A STOP !!!!

Favorite Features

NOT MUCH

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING !!!

You want a big regret? Welcome to neons!
By nexxt

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cant beg you enough for all of you that are thinking about buying this car, youre trippin. DONT! This is the car that will ruin your life. I cant stress how much I hate this car. Bought it for $3200 as a first car 3+ years ago. Ive put over $5000 in upkeep. Last December I spent $1200 on all new motor mounts cus they were all broken. My windows lag when rolling up, my meters don't work especially when it gets wet, suspension is crap, horrible takeoff, the engine jolts all the time for no reason, my headlights flash for no reason. Ill be sitting at a stoplight and it will just feel like someone running up to the front of my car & jumping on the hood. It shakes, squeaky, cheaply made!!!!!

Favorite Features

Good enough on gas.

Suggested Improvements

They made the biggest improvement by not making any more dodge neons. If you want a car that is NOT safe, NOT reliable, WILL leave you stranded, WILL make you depressed, and WILL give you headaches by all the money youre spending, then this is just for you! Take this into consideration. You WILL** eventually run into problems *besides standard upkeep (tires, oil changes, brakes, etc). Don't get this car, it will ruin you :(

WORST CAR EVER
By Alex Foreman

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car couldn't be any worst, $1500 in repairs, and a problem everyday. tie rod ends, brakes sounding like a train, rough idle, rough transmission, leaked oil and transmission fluid, cracked dash, bad bushings, motor mounts, uncomfortable ride, wheel hub assembly, brake cylinders, AND WORST OF ALL AT 45 MPH THE AIR BAGS FAILED THE FRONT END WAS GONE NEVER AGAIN DODGE!

Favorite Features

OK on the road

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Best Bang for the Buck
By InDaSRT4

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fast, fun, and easily upgradable. The SRT4 has the potential to be a V8 eater. This ain't yer Momma's Neon!

Favorite Features

Turbo, Viper Seats, 17" Wheels

Suggested Improvements

More Mopar performance parts!