2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )

2005 Neon Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
SRT-4
By Jewell

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I didn't like the look of the SRT-4 and wasn't very into driving a Neon. However I decided to take it for a test drive because it was the fastest vehicle for the price I wanted to pay. Wow! This car is very fun to drive! It's fast and it does not drive the way you think a Neon does. It handles much sturdier than you think possible and can provide thrilling acceleration. I have owned a 2003 Ford Lightning and a 1996 Mustang GT. It is as quick, if not quicker, than both.

Favorite Features

The short throw shifter is difficult and rugged, not smooth at all, but it is effective with practice.

Suggested Improvements

A smoother shifter that does not make the turbo lag, and an intergal turbo timer or light that lets you know when the turbo has cooled to normal operating temp. Wider rims and tires.

Best Car yet
By Eddie

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After reading the reviews on the SXT, I was a little concerned purchasing the SRT-4. I do not regret it now. This car is great to drive and has serious power for the price. The exhaust sounds great, not one of those cans you find on the Civics. I can say I love everything about the car but if I could change one thing I would ask Dodge to offer a different set of rims, something different from the SXT style. (Chrome would be nice)

No regrets, great little car
By car_auctioneer

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have about 7,000 miles on my SRT-4. Of course it's quick and fun but what surprised me is the refined ride on rough pavement, the quiet highway manners and the interior comfort. I'm 42 years old, and my sense of good/bad is pretty refined by now. I can say that this car "fits like a glove" in the sense that it's real easy to drive smoothly and precisely. On the down side, it's had a few trips to the dealership for a bad battery and a chattering clutch, both fixed under warranty. Worst, there was a knocking in the rear struts and I got the "they all do that" from the dealer. 99 cents worth of vacuum hose jammed in the right spot and a few hours of my time fixed that though!

Favorite Features

Bang for the buck, performance, ride and handling, styling, seat comfort, driving position, shifter. A real driver's car.

Suggested Improvements

Fix that rear strut mount knocking! Improve the fuel economy - even driving in like a granny only returns around 20 mpg city and 24 highway. Tires are smooth but not very grippy and kinda noisy between 35-50 mph. Lack of cruise control and power rear windows also rankles for 20k+.

Sweet Car
By j

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car out of the box is fun to drive. Thanks to the SRT group for the atfermarket parts such as Stage 1,2,3.

Favorite Features

The best part turbo. I would say the Viper seats are sweet also.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs a six speed trans for those people like me how drive a lot of highway miles.

SRT-4
By MARK

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Im currently a proud owner of a Dodge SRT-4. Though many people have said its just a Neon, this car packs a serious punch. And unlike the EVO you can modify this car without voiding the warranty, as long as you stick with performance modifications made by Mopar. The best thing about this car is that they found a way to make it have all the fun toys of an expensive tuner car but still be at a reasonable price!

Favorite Features

Boost gauge, front mounted intercooler, Viper inspired seats

Suggested Improvements

Power rear windows!

2004 Pocket Viper!
By Nathan

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car with a passion! I think of it when I am not driving, then when I am, I couldn't be happier. The coolest, most awesome car I have ever owned. Totally fun to drive, without a doubt. A true racing car through and through. Great for racing, and practical use as it is a four door sedan for families.

Favorite Features

Rear Spoiler, it's aggressive looking and unique! The base radio, still good bass line with it. The comfort in the ride especially the acceleration! Sunroof. The new car smell.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control, wider tires, and rear window wiper would really be great.

Best Bang for the Buck
By InDaSRT4

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fast, fun, and easily upgradable. The SRT4 has the potential to be a V8 eater. This ain't yer Momma's Neon!

Favorite Features

Turbo, Viper Seats, 17" Wheels

Suggested Improvements

More Mopar performance parts!

Best Bang For The Buck
By Frankie

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well I got my SRT not too long ago and so far I love it. Its such a thrill to drive and I have had no problems at all with it. I would highly reccomend this car for anyone whos looking to go fast with little cash.

Favorite Features

TURBO!

Awesome car, fun to drive
By nyydynasty

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my car for over a year now. It's so much fun to drive, and the gas mileage is pretty good for a turbo. I can get up to 300+ miles to a tank when on the highway (without boosting). Handling takes some time to get used to, but it's not bad. Could be better, though. Performance is amazing, once you get past the wheel hop.

Favorite Features

The most amazing part about the car is the torque. It makes the car, so much more fun.

Suggested Improvements

Can use a better suspension. Can use wider wheels as well.

Best car
By Dave

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fun to drive, fast, and comfortable. I like going out on nice nights and at dawn driving my SRT4 and showing it off. To me the SRT4 is the best car.

Favorite Features

The audio system is one of the best features, but the turbocharger is my favorite. Then theres the front of the car, nice body kit I might add

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage could be a little bit better, but all in all this car is the best