2005 Dodge Neon SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Neon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Sort Reviews by

2005 SRT-4
By MoparSRT-4Life

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have always wanted a turbo-charges street legal car, and I'm a big Mopar fan, so why not. I bought an ACR Srt-4 Orange blast Neon. I have been researching them since they came on to the car scene in 2003, Couldn't get my hands on an ACR because only a limited amount of them where made in 2005. But finally found one, and got a great deal for the performance I got! All I can say mainly about this car is that ultimately if you're looking for something with power, and don't want to spend tons of money, buy an SRT-4. Don't let people fool you, it's not just a Neon!

Favorite Features

The functional hood scoop. The rear spoiler. The racing seats, dual exhaust

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is kind of cheesie! Interior upgrades

Good Car
By paramedic423

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT for my wife in 2005. This car gets great gas mileage. The only problem we have had with this car is we had to replace a sensor. This car always starts right up even on the coldest days. Took a long road trip earlier this fall and gas mileage was great. Just wished it would of had cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Should have put power windows in the back. Wish the car had cruise control on it for long road trips.

SRT-4
By moparfiend

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Third owner of the car. I own three old MOPARS and find that this is actually the most fun to drive. I consistantly get 30+ MPG and do not drive below the speed limit. I commute 75 miles round trip a day on the interstate. I have lowered the car, replaced the brakes, shocks, intake, exhaust and now have the T3R Mopar system completely installed. There are very few vehicles that can accelerate or keep up when the pedal is to the metal.

Favorite Features

Motor. The car could have used the 6 speed that Chrysler decided to put into the Caliber SRT-4. Other than that, no complaints at all.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Chrysler had kept the Neon SRT-4 and made it into a 2 door version.

Best of the Best
By Neon Lover

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 05 Neon for almost 3 years and drove the heck out of it! Purchased at 7800 miles and wrecked 2 weeks ago at 54000. I have driven this car as a daily commuter as well as our main travel car. I drove it cross country last summer. I have to say this car is amazing! It has never had any problems, any at all. It drives well has good handling and response. Cup holders have great placement, I love the arm rest. My model had power windows in front only- I saved about $500 and not once did I miss having power back seat windows. I did replace the tires and brakes at 53000 but they said I would have had a few months left. I got about 24-27mpg city not great but highway 33.

Favorite Features

Easy access air and radio controls- cute styling, interior and exterior very decent for all those miles, super comfy seats - even after driving and driving, great cup holder placement, arm rest was great. We had 3k equity in this car with a 2.5 years of payments left and no down payment --excellent

Suggested Improvements

Paint -- did have small areas of missing paint and small rust spots.

Hate this car
By soltantoneisogni

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It knows it too and hates me right back. It has just over 50000 miles on it and I've already had to replace the cam shaft sensor, due to the car not starting last summer, and now I have to put $400 into the transmission. This car gets regular oil changes and maitanence and it is the biggest mistake I've ever made. I owe too much to trade it in, but it is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever owned. It has completely turned me off American cars. Never again. If you love pouring money into a hopeless case, the Neon is for you. It is the worst mistake I have ever made. Ever. I wish I could rewind my life and take it back. Hate the Neon. N.E.O.N = never ever own Neons. Garbage.

Favorite Features

The fact that I can trade it in in three months.

Suggested Improvements

Considering they already stopped making the model, which was my only suggested improvement, none.

Very fast for price
By dougie

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned 2 SRT-4s. I love the power. A sleeper car that can run with cars that cost twice as much. Has issues on takeoffs but no problem on highways. Great for the family man that wants to have fun and have a family. Fell in love with the car first time I drove it.

Favorite Features

Turbo, looks, Viper inspired seats, weight, speed, and gas

Suggested Improvements

AWD and 6 speed

Dimples has been great to me so far
By kldtoto

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the SRT body and it is the 5 speed trans. I love this car and have over 100,000 miles on it so far. I have had no problems beside annual maintenance. When it is warm out, sometimes I have to try a couple of times before the car starts, but it is not an every day occurance. I travel across country 2-3 times a year and commute 100 miles a day (total) for work. I would recommend this car to anyone. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Favorite Features

5-speed transmission, stereo, room, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

I think the spoiler is in the way of the rear view mirror, but I can live with it.

Great Car
By Rocky

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great and reliable car. I get awesome visibility from all angles. I like to maintain my own car and everything under the hood has easy access and comfort. I don't have to fight to fit my arm down tight spots. It has great handling and maneuverability. It's cheap to maintain and has great miles to the gallon in both city and highway. I only wish it had more space in the trunk and the back seats.

Favorite Features

Miles to the gallon. I put 87 rating and the car only has the factory hardware. I get between 27-29 mpg in city and between 33-36 mpg in highway.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk and back seats space.

Yeah Dodge
By yeahdodge

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just got rid of a 89 Oldsmobile, so this is my first "real" car, and I love it. It is a blast to drive, and the looks on peoples faces because they think that it is "just a neon" and you fly by them and shift and the turbo blasts into their window and they think twice about it being a neon. This little rocket has more power than any car I have ever driven. It also has great handling. This car has a great center point of gravity, cause when you take corners you don't feel the car lean to one side or the other. I would recommend anyone that asks to buy one. If they can find one left anymore!

Favorite Features

A/C, turbo, keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

Back power windows, and the back end is sometimes hard to see around when trying to look over your shoulder on the highway.

love it.
By CarmaxSRT4

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have not had the car long. but i have a sad story. i bought the car on a saturday. by tuesday the trans was blown. it was nothing i did but previous owner neglect. i love the car and can't wait to get it back. the only thing i wish is that the parts were more available

Favorite Features

Turbo, fast as a burned ape. 4dr

Suggested Improvements

Hard to find parts