2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
2005 SRT-4
By MoparSRT-4Life on 02/04/09 08:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have always wanted a turbo-charges street legal car, and I'm a big Mopar fan, so why not. I bought an ACR Srt-4 Orange blast Neon. I have been researching them since they came on to the car scene in 2003, Couldn't get my hands on an ACR because only a limited amount of them where made in 2005. But finally found one, and got a great deal for the performance I got! All I can say mainly about this car is that ultimately if you're looking for something with power, and don't want to spend tons of money, buy an SRT-4. Don't let people fool you, it's not just a Neon!

Good Car
By paramedic423 on 01/03/09 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT for my wife in 2005. This car gets great gas mileage. The only problem we have had with this car is we had to replace a sensor. This car always starts right up even on the coldest days. Took a long road trip earlier this fall and gas mileage was great. Just wished it would of had cruise control.

SRT-4
By moparfiend on 12/29/08 23:01 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Third owner of the car. I own three old MOPARS and find that this is actually the most fun to drive. I consistantly get 30+ MPG and do not drive below the speed limit. I commute 75 miles round trip a day on the interstate. I have lowered the car, replaced the brakes, shocks, intake, exhaust and now have the T3R Mopar system completely installed. There are very few vehicles that can accelerate or keep up when the pedal is to the metal.

Best of the Best
By Neon Lover on 12/10/08 21:14 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 05 Neon for almost 3 years and drove the heck out of it! Purchased at 7800 miles and wrecked 2 weeks ago at 54000. I have driven this car as a daily commuter as well as our main travel car. I drove it cross country last summer. I have to say this car is amazing! It has never had any problems, any at all. It drives well has good handling and response. Cup holders have great placement, I love the arm rest. My model had power windows in front only- I saved about $500 and not once did I miss having power back seat windows. I did replace the tires and brakes at 53000 but they said I would have had a few months left. I got about 24-27mpg city not great but highway 33.

Hate this car
By soltantoneisogni on 12/08/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It knows it too and hates me right back. It has just over 50000 miles on it and I've already had to replace the cam shaft sensor, due to the car not starting last summer, and now I have to put $400 into the transmission. This car gets regular oil changes and maitanence and it is the biggest mistake I've ever made. I owe too much to trade it in, but it is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever owned. It has completely turned me off American cars. Never again. If you love pouring money into a hopeless case, the Neon is for you. It is the worst mistake I have ever made. Ever. I wish I could rewind my life and take it back. Hate the Neon. N.E.O.N = never ever own Neons. Garbage.

Very fast for price
By dougie on 11/21/08 14:50 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned 2 SRT-4s. I love the power. A sleeper car that can run with cars that cost twice as much. Has issues on takeoffs but no problem on highways. Great for the family man that wants to have fun and have a family. Fell in love with the car first time I drove it.

Dimples has been great to me so far
By kldtoto on 11/07/08 07:26 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the SRT body and it is the 5 speed trans. I love this car and have over 100,000 miles on it so far. I have had no problems beside annual maintenance. When it is warm out, sometimes I have to try a couple of times before the car starts, but it is not an every day occurance. I travel across country 2-3 times a year and commute 100 miles a day (total) for work. I would recommend this car to anyone. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Great Car
By Rocky on 11/05/08 08:23 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great and reliable car. I get awesome visibility from all angles. I like to maintain my own car and everything under the hood has easy access and comfort. I don't have to fight to fit my arm down tight spots. It has great handling and maneuverability. It's cheap to maintain and has great miles to the gallon in both city and highway. I only wish it had more space in the trunk and the back seats.

Yeah Dodge
By yeahdodge on 09/04/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I just got rid of a 89 Oldsmobile, so this is my first "real" car, and I love it. It is a blast to drive, and the looks on peoples faces because they think that it is "just a neon" and you fly by them and shift and the turbo blasts into their window and they think twice about it being a neon. This little rocket has more power than any car I have ever driven. It also has great handling. This car has a great center point of gravity, cause when you take corners you don't feel the car lean to one side or the other. I would recommend anyone that asks to buy one. If they can find one left anymore!

love it.
By CarmaxSRT4 on 08/20/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have not had the car long. but i have a sad story. i bought the car on a saturday. by tuesday the trans was blown. it was nothing i did but previous owner neglect. i love the car and can't wait to get it back. the only thing i wish is that the parts were more available