2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )
Wouldn't Have Believed it
By gonzoy5 on 11/09/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If someone would have told me how sweet this car was I wouldn't have believed it. But once I drove it I was hooked. Sure it's a little rough around the edges, but it's dead on where it counts. Outperforms cars that are thousands more right out of the dealer lot. Performance upgrades are cheap and easy. Racing style Seats are great after getting used to them. I took a 4 hour trip a month after getting the car and I didn't even think about them. It's a nice commuter car. Small enough to zip around town, fast enough to get away from the SUV's that dominate the roads. Small performance car designers should use this as a template.

If you have a heart condition don't ride
By Chris on 11/09/05 15:45 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is super quick and super fast. I was in 3rd gear and the car was up to 80. Has great handling. I used to drive a Mustang GT, and a 350 hp 72 mustang. and this car blows it out of the water. Its quicker, faster, holds turns better, and is extremely fun to drive. If your looking for a fast car in the low 20's this is your car. I was amazed from the first test drive till now. With the 3 stages of upgrades this car is truely unbeliveable.

SRT-4 Commemorative Edition #35
By Jay Brown on 10/17/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second SRT-4. This one replaces my 2004. My new 2005 is #35 of only 200 Commemorative Editions ever made. I love that car in just about every way. HUGE bang for the buck. The performance is ASTOUNDING!!! I bought another one, what else can be said that more positive than that.

Smile every time
By cormikeday on 10/16/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I can't help it, I love this car. You cant help but smile when you look at it, sit in it, or drive it. Add the mopar blow off valve for added pleasure. It's quick and sounds like a muscle car. There's not much not to love about this car.

The greatest car I have ever owned
By Dave on 10/13/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Being a previous owner of a 97' Neon, I couldnt wait to own an SRT-4. 2 years after the first one was sold, I finally bought one. The acceleration is phenomonal. The handling is incredible. The look of the car is sporty and mean from the front and back. The sound of the engine, by just removing the stock resonators, is awesome. The interior looks good with or w/o the optional Viper seats. The car stock is mid 14s, if you throw in a few thousand dollars of modifications, from MOPAR, your in the 11s. Try doing that with any other car from any other manufacturer that sells for under 25k. Dodge knew exactly what they were doing when they built and designed this car. Dont miss out.

My SRT4
By stumpzr on 10/07/05 12:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my SRT-4 for about two months now. I love the car. It is an absolute blast to drive. I bought it used, so I have had a few problems to fix, but I believe those to be the previous owner's fault, not Dodge.

Quality Car
By Ivan Ardan on 10/05/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ok, prior to my SRT4 I owned a WRX. I miss my WRX alot, mainly because of the AWD and respect that car has on the road. However, the SRT4 has done nothing but impress me. It has much better top end power than a WRX. I am interested in seing what a stage 2 mopar package is going to do for me. Since I live in CO, I'm dreading the winter w/o AWD. However, when you let the horses loose on the 2.4L turbod engine from the on-ramp of I-25 (which is 75MPH) there is no differance of feeling from an SRT4 and an STI. the regular WRX actually feels slower!

Nice unit
By J46957 on 09/28/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car handles great. The available upgrades from Mopar while keeping it "safe" under the warranty is really nice. Best buy for the money.

Fun at a small price
By mbiker4u on 09/19/05 00:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've been looking for a car like this since I bought the 1994/1995 Neon. I remember prototype turbocharged Neon's that were in Car and Driver that must have evolved in to the SRT-4. I bought this car after a friend of mine took me for a ride in his red SRT- 4. I went to the dealer 1 week later and got the Orange Blast w/ACR package. I was not really crazy about the color, but it has grown on me so far. So far, build quality, performance, and overall enjoyment has made this purchase one of my favorite cars ever. Gas mileage has only been 22mpg at highway speeds below 80mph, but what do you expect from a car that can out-perform most V-8's?

Deal of a lifetime
By Gearhead on 09/15/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After doing research, I found that the design and engineering that went into this car was amazing. I don't see how Chrysler could make and sell a car like this but then Viper and Prowler come to mind. Simply put, this is a performance bargain! The car isn't for everyone. You must appreciate high performance and a taste for the daring because the ride is a bit on the harsh side. It is designed to be high performance and everything about the car from the stance, engine sounds, to the look, feel and ride remind you of what it is. This is not a car for first time drivers or people with bad backs. It can be driven daily with ease but it is truly at home being raced at a track.