Used 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )

Supercar performance, poor man's price!
By iturbosrt4

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're looking for something fast, rare and eye-catching for a cheap price, you're reading the review for the perfect car. Everytime I get into my car I'm afraid I'm going to get a speeding ticket. You don't even realize how fast you're going sometimes. Some say the interior is cheap but I say it's perfect for me. If I wanted a luxury car, I would've brought one. The 6 CD stereo system is crystal clear, the bucket seats are comfortable and all the controls are placed in arms reach. That's all I need!

Buck seats, shift knob, sunroof, aggressive appearance and the Turbocharger!

Well, they say it's 22 mpg in the city. I drive it both on the highway and city and I get on an average 18-19 mpg. But what do you expect, it has a gas guzzling turbocharger!

Neon SRT-4
By Whiteacrsrt05

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive. I have hit a tree doing 80mph in the left rear, and walked away with no problems. I used to own a nissan sentra SER Spec V....I thought that car was fun untill I test drove my Neon, Fun factor of 10!

My favorite is the race harness ready seats

A little more strength in the drive axles. The sudden spike in HP tends to break the axles on the left side.

Best car ever
By this car is badass

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When i bought the srt-4 it was nothing short of my expectations. Every time I get behind the wheel I feel that adrenaline rush of the anticipated speed. Straight up the best car I've ever owned. If you are looking to wipe the smile peoples faces and turn heads whereever you may travel this is the car for you.

Handling, seats, stiff suspension, loud turbo, deep exhaust and basically everything else.

3rd gear and wider tires.

Kickin' Car for the Price
By codeninja

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very stylish, incredible performance. Little bit of vibration, but that's due to the incredible rumble from the exhaust. And you can increase the performance of this vehicle with a stage 3 kit and still be under warranty! How awesome is that?

Flat-out performance. Not much that can compete with it, and almost nothing can compete with it for the price.

They don't make it anymore, so what's the point?

Great car for the money
By Ed

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Car is a blast to drive and outperforms many cars that cost more than twice as much. I have owned two SRT-4s and have found them to be very reliable. On the downside, the interior looks cheap and there are various squeaks and rattles. These surfaced very early on. Build quality - particularly the paint leaves something to be desired. Mechanically, I've had no issues. The SRT-4 has many practical features and has been great as a daily commuter and is not bad on long trips. For the tuner crowd, the SRT-4 is well supported by the aftermarket and there are plenty of performance upgrades available.

Performance, price, reliability