2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )
2 yrs, 30k miles, still love my SRT-4
By Scott on 05/03/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car was bought as my daily driver after I moved to the UK. Stock it has great power and handling. After about a month though modified it slightly. Increased hp/tq. Now it is my daily driver and track car. I take it to the track atleast once a month & put down over 300 hp & 350 tq (13.0 sec at 110 mph in 1/4 mile) on stock turbo. Mods are fairly priced. So far this has been the best car I have ever owned. 2 yrs, track days once a month, over 300 whp and you know what the best part is, it runs with zero problems everyday. Reliability is outstanding. People joke about "it's a Dodge" or "it's a Neon" but in the end my Neon is more reliable than their own cars.

Mustang eater!
By Turbo-G on 04/16/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is one rocket right out of the box. I can't believe the real power this thing puts out. I love the looks on the faces of the other brand owners when you smoke past them on the road. I live in an area with a lot of Mustang owners, and now a lot of sad Mustang owners. This car is one fun ride. Just hop in and get it on. Best bang for the buck hands down.

Most Fun for under $22K
By cubano5611 on 04/03/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great vehicle, only cost me $21,950 and has been worth every penny. The power it delivers matches that of a mid priced sports car and can easily fit four adults. Comfort is great and so is the ride quality. Iit is not luxuriously smooth, but is equal to your compact four door cars on the road today.

Fastest FWD Car Ever Made.
By RTShadow on 02/16/07 02:12 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a commemorative edition version, one of the last made. I had wanted this car for some time. I like Dodges, and when they came out with this car it was exciting. If you want a quiet car, a super luxurious cushy car, look elsewhere. If you want throw you back into your seat and scream down the road at astonishing speeds with a throaty exhaust, this is the car for you. This is the fastest FWD car ever built, and at the time, fastest new car you could buy under 25k. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a run reliable quick car. You'll find most people with problems have them from doing poor modification jobs.

2005 SRT-4 w/ ACR Package
By Brad on 01/26/07 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is not for everybody. It's loud and frisky. Kids crowd around you when you park it. It's lousy in snow, and rides like an old Jeep. It's not refined. Understanding what this vehicle is not is vitally important. The scarce ACR package makes this outstanding handler even more amazing, with cornering approaching .91Gs. My Mopar Stage 1 upgrade brings 1/4 times into the mid 13s, with smooth turbo response across usable range. Braking is outstanding. What it doesn't beat, it embarasses. If you love performance, don't mind the tuner crowd, and can live with stiff-bolstered seats that make your middle-aged spread apparant, grab one of these cars and hang on to it.

An absolute blast to drive
By Tim on 10/04/06 08:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this with the ACR package and from reading the other reviews, I am glad I did. 7 inch rims, adjustable struts and the ACR seats. Home-run! Mods are everywhere. I have a short-throw shifter that really improved shifting. This car takes curves with no sliding or squeal. It's a sports car, so to complain about ride would be an oxy-moron, your teeth will get rattled.

Fun Fun Fun
By Wolf on 08/23/06 01:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I also drive an '01 Mustang GT and I must say that driving this car is almost as much fun and maybe sometimes more so. I bought this car for a fun daily driver and that is what it is. It is fast for sure and easy to modify. There are many parts available to make this car a Corvette killer! For the price of this car, the performance can not be beat hands down!

An astouding vehicle for the money
By Scotch on 05/25/06 08:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've wanted this car since it was a concept, and I will say that the production car seems even better, if only because of the turbo. There are so many things to appreciate about this car: fantastic power curve, LSD, decent (but stiff-legged) suspension, the exhaust note, the excellent aftermarket support, even the mileage (27-29 mpg on average for me) has been very good for a car of this type. I have very few serious complaints about this car, except that I wish it were lighter and handled as well as my '96 Neon, but that car has Koni adjustable struts - unfair comparison. I could have ordered an '06 ACR, but I didn't feel it was worth a nearly $3K permium over my car; paid $19,7XX for mine.

A turbocharged neon
By Alex on 02/20/06 12:55 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I first bought the SRT I was excited to get it on the road. I walk into my garage and open the driver door and climb over the highly bolstered seat. You turn the car on and you feel a rush of power and hear a beautiful deap throaty exhaust. This car goes like no other in its price range. Very quick, flooring the throttle and flattening your kidneys an seeing the cars next to you shrink in the mirror never gets old. A great car for the money. Handling, acceleration and a fun ride have never been so easy to obtain for so little money. A great car for what its built it to do, drive fast

SRT-4 is awesome
By PyroSRT-4 on 01/17/06 01:58 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

SRT-4 delivers more than anticipated, and with all of the mods you can buy make this car fun and exciting. It's very loud and very aggressive. Handling is very well. Drop the car about an inch or two will make the handling even better. Car is an awesome car that delivers as promised, and the gas mileage is really good. On average I get about 25 miles per gallon in the city and about 32 miles per gallon on the highway.