Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Do Not Take In Rain
By angelgirl11684

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 3-1/2 years now and i cannot wait till i can get rid of it. I have to hold onto it for at least another three months and have constantly had problems with it not starting and the radio going out. Also my front passanger window can now only go up using the drivers side and supposedly theres no problem with it. But the worst thing almost everytime it rains the car loses control and wont stop. I've had to replace the tires and breaks and it still happened. I would not suggest this car to anyone, espically if you have alot of rain. I have had to take to having people lend me their cars in rain or drive me to be safe.

really?
By z32tturbojoe

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well. Let me start off with this is my gf car and she does not let it warm up and runs the s*^% out of it. Which is probably why it is has developed a rod knock at 81,000 miles. Needless to say but only in freezing temps and for about 10 seconds until the oil gets to the top of the bottom end. I've been changing the cars oil every 2500 miles with Mobil 1 syn blend for about 2 years since shes had it. I had always noticed a lifter tick since she had purchased it at 55,000. Well I need a bottom end kit and cannot find one anywhere for a reasonable price. Any ideas? P. S honestly I understand this happening at 125,000+ but not at 81,000. Think it was poorly built

Great car with few problems
By drachen117

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 5 and a half years, bought it brand new and put all 110,000 miles on it. first few favorite picks. engine was always a smooth running engine, and very very easy to work on. had to replace coolant lines and replace two sensors which did not require much work. and had to replace brakes which was also an easy task. But installed a performance air intake which was easy and cruise the the car and actually got 38 mpg! but average mileage is 32 - 33! During winter months drops to 28 - 29. So all and all, car had a few early problems and cheap components but was fun and cost efficient past five years!

Favorite Features

The 2.0 engine. Kicker audio system. and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Redo the rear drum brakes, squeal after 10,000 miles due to dust, and use better quality materials.

Not happy about my neon!
By unhappy in ohio

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2005 and only have 46,000 miles on it 5 years later. I have had to have the front control arm bushings replaced 4 times now. The first time I only had 15,000 miles on the car. It would stall out in the middle of traffic and the highway at 20,000 miles. Had it in three times before they could figure out why. I bought the extended warranty but the only thing that has helped with is a loaner while it is being repaired: ( I have had to pay for labor out of pocket even though the parts were covered. I now have a problem with a seal in the rear drivers door. It fills with water every time it rains. I will not purchase another Dodge vehicle.

Favorite Features

Gas millage and size.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to get there act together with the mechanics of there vehicles.

My 2005 Neon SXT a Perfect 10
By JimmyTheGent

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2005. Bumper to bumper this car has been the best I've ever owned. I'm a pretty big guy at 6' and about 240 lbs. and is very comfortable and roomy even for me. With 33,000 miles the car still runs and handles new. Even the stereo sounds just as awesome as it did the first day I drove it. Chrysler really had a Winner with this car and hope they will make a Neon comeback someday. So far this car has been a perfect 10 all around and have no intention on trading it or selling it anytime soon.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

No need for any improvements. Perfect just the way it is.