Used 2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Does what it was made to do GREAT! Bullet proof engine
By qwiksilvertrav

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car. Bought it new and have had it for 10 years now with 97k miles. Since 15k miles it's been running more hp/tq so putting extra stress on the engine. It now pushes almost 500 hp and the valve cover hasn't even come off...all bolt ons! Runs strong and it's STILL on factory internals. Unbelievable. Best bang for your buck period. Very solid car...have only had to replace wear and tear parts such as brakes, a wheel bearing, clutch, etc.

Performance, viper seats, sound

Some more creature comforts...but hey it was under 20k new and you're paying for a 5 second 0 - 60...not a classy interior. Have to cut corners somewhere to keep it at the price it comes at.

Fairly new 05 dodge neon sxt owner
By cochenour94

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car from a buy here pay here lot for upwards of $6,000. My parents put some money down on it for me & I am currently paying $290 a month for it. I am the 2nd owner of this car & got it with barely 80,000 miles on it. Its great on gas, but Im at the pump more than I want to be b/c of the size of the tank. I love the car b/c its the perfect size for me & easy to drive. After a couple of months, things started going wrong. My parents did not get a car fax & I quickly realized there was no horn assembly, the battery died, a part failure caused 50% loss of the brakes, the tires have never been replaced, the engine light comes on and the car jolts and the timing belt needed replaced.

Size Gas mileage Steering Comfort

Needless to say, I have probably already put more money into this car than its worth and I wish my parents would have just asked for the carfax! Car is simply built poorly.

Great Car with great MPG
By scorpion2k5

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was the second owner of my 2005 Neon SXT. I purchased it for $14000 with just under 35k mileage on it. I got mainly to go back and forth to school, but ended up doing a lot more than with it. Most of the driving I did with it was on the highway, and I was averaging 36 miles to the gallon, and in the city I was was 32mpg. I was very happy with that. It was a fun little car to drive. I drove it until the front passenger side tie-rod end snapped, and caused me to crash into two other cars. I had only owned the car for less than 6 months before that happened. It was due to poor maintiance from the previous owners never getting the car inspected.

I loved everything about this car. I would have liked to have had a larger engine in it, like 2.4L 4 cylinder or even a 3.0 6 cylinder (which they never made, but I would have loved that nonetheless).

Bring the car back, and make it with an optional 6 cylinder version. I would love to have a new 2013-14 or whatever Neon... That would be awesome.

Great car for 6 years
By bmerrr06

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 05 Neon SXT in 06 with 30k miles on it.
It lasted until 90k miles but then the transmission blew.
Other than that, it was a great commuter car, and I never had any other problems with it.
Its not flashy or a luxury vehicle but if your looking for a cheap but reliable vehicle that gets about 30 miles per gallon (highway).
I only paid 11,000 for it so I feel like I got my money's worth :)
I would buy another one but I need an SUV now.

GREAT CAR!
By santoactueel

2005 Dodge Neon SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great to me. I bought it used at 60k miles and I am the 4th owner. I did everything you're suppose to do when buying a used car. Spent the money on the Carfax (a $30 Carfax VS. a costly mistake), test drove it and asked questions like crazy to see any faults in the sellers description. The maintenance on this car has been wonderful and it is great on gas. I found out the Neons have a Mitsubishi.
I do all the repairs myself, I replaced the fender & bumper from an accident; the dealer wanted $1500 to repair it, but I found a new fender on eBay for $15 & new bumper for $50. All in all the parts are very affordable & I would definitely buy another one if Dodge still made them.

MPG, MPH, Easy Maintenance, Affordable on Gas, Affordable Parts, Mitsubishi Stock Engine, Fog Lights

Rear Power Windows