2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
really?
By z32tturbojoe on 12/09/10 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well. Let me start off with this is my gf car and she does not let it warm up and runs the s*^% out of it. Which is probably why it is has developed a rod knock at 81,000 miles. Needless to say but only in freezing temps and for about 10 seconds until the oil gets to the top of the bottom end. I've been changing the cars oil every 2500 miles with Mobil 1 syn blend for about 2 years since shes had it. I had always noticed a lifter tick since she had purchased it at 55,000. Well I need a bottom end kit and cannot find one anywhere for a reasonable price. Any ideas? P. S honestly I understand this happening at 125,000+ but not at 81,000. Think it was poorly built

Great car with few problems
By drachen117 on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 5 and a half years, bought it brand new and put all 110,000 miles on it. first few favorite picks. engine was always a smooth running engine, and very very easy to work on. had to replace coolant lines and replace two sensors which did not require much work. and had to replace brakes which was also an easy task. But installed a performance air intake which was easy and cruise the the car and actually got 38 mpg! but average mileage is 32 - 33! During winter months drops to 28 - 29. So all and all, car had a few early problems and cheap components but was fun and cost efficient past five years!

Not happy about my neon!
By unhappy in ohio on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car new in 2005 and only have 46,000 miles on it 5 years later. I have had to have the front control arm bushings replaced 4 times now. The first time I only had 15,000 miles on the car. It would stall out in the middle of traffic and the highway at 20,000 miles. Had it in three times before they could figure out why. I bought the extended warranty but the only thing that has helped with is a loaner while it is being repaired: ( I have had to pay for labor out of pocket even though the parts were covered. I now have a problem with a seal in the rear drivers door. It fills with water every time it rains. I will not purchase another Dodge vehicle.

My 2005 Neon SXT a Perfect 10
By JimmyTheGent on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car new in 2005. Bumper to bumper this car has been the best I've ever owned. I'm a pretty big guy at 6' and about 240 lbs. and is very comfortable and roomy even for me. With 33,000 miles the car still runs and handles new. Even the stereo sounds just as awesome as it did the first day I drove it. Chrysler really had a Winner with this car and hope they will make a Neon comeback someday. So far this car has been a perfect 10 all around and have no intention on trading it or selling it anytime soon.

Great little car
By Mark on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after our daughter was hit head on with a 1998 neon. After I saw how it was in a crash I decided to buy another. I enjoy the handling. It gets 32-33 mpg all the time. I did have the cam position sensor go out, but it was not a big deal to change. I found out that it is a common problem. I run Goodyear comfort tread tires, and it really hugs the road in tight turns. I actually accelerate through the turn.

Don't waste your money!
By guest on 09/08/10 10:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2007 for almost 11 grand. That was my first mistake. It had 20k miles on it n I traded it in at 56k just in may of 2010. During the time I had it, I didn't feel safe. I would pull out into the road and sometimes it would stop me in the middle of the road. I had issues with fuses and my gauges not working. I replaced 2 02 sensors and a battery. I lived only 12 miles away from work and I feel like I fueled up all the time. In the winter, when I started it up, it would start jumping and the lights would flicker and it would shut off on me all the time. Its left me sit several times. I traded it in a few months ago and its the best thing I've ever done!

Great first car!
By Matt on 06/30/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car to personally own. I've also driven a Lexus ES 300, a Honda Odyssey, and a Ford Ranger in the past, and this car is by far the most fun to drive! I bought it last October with 68k miles on it, and I now have about 71k on it. Haven't had a single problem with it, except a flat tire, but that's only because I ran over a nail. I love this car and I really wish that Chrysler still made them, especially now that everyone is looking for small fuel- efficient cars. Bringing them back would probably be a good idea, as they'd probably sell really well in this market.

The trunk leaks
By Danny on 04/25/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Dodge Neon and it has low mileage but the trunk leaks. It gets water in the wheel well under the spare in the trunk and also in the back floor under both sides. I have to go vacuum it out and then air it out. The manufacturer did not seal the trunk correctly and no one seems to know how to fix it. It is now out of warranty. I am not happy about this. Otherwise it is a good car, but my right front power window just went out and the air conditioner could be colder at only 38,500 miles.

Chrysler should still make them!
By sharong60 on 03/03/10 17:45 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my SXT brand new and have had her almost 5 years now and still love her! I love the fuel economy and can get 400 miles on a full tank! She handles great except on ice! I think it's the lightweight body. I love the interior and exterior styling! Great stereo, well lit dash, great heater, a/c, like the pull down back seats, which make it almost a hatchback! Parts are cheap. Good warranty. Have had to put very little maintenance on her. Did get new tires last summer. And had a motor go out on my power window, replaced free thru warranty. Had to get a new battery last year. She starts even when left outside in extreme cold. Right now, Chrysler would have a goldmine in the Neon!

Great little car
By Brock on 12/18/09 13:28 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my dodge neon for just about four years now. I bought it brand new off the lot. It's a sxt model with an automatic transmission. The past two years, I've been commuting eighty plus miles a day to work and home again. With the exception of a new battery and four new tires, my neon drives and performs well. I do all the maintenance my self. My neon has a few squeaks and rattles which is normal for the amount of miles it has, but it continues to serve me well.