2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
SRT-4
By Lin Dailey on 12/04/04 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had nothing but pleasure driving this auto. It is quick and corners very nice. Many people try to race me but I just smile and pay attention to the road. I really enjoy driving and this has been one of the funnest cars I have driven in 35 years.

Not just a neon
By dave on 12/04/04 08:29 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Everyone thinks it just looks like a neon, but it's not. Fully equipped, the SRT-4 will run you around 22,000. Not a bad price for what you get. Its competitors the evo and sti are very well built cars for the price; the only difference between the evo and sti is price. The evo will run you a secure 29,000, and the sti will run around 33,000. Originally a concept car in 1998, they wanted to make the srt-4 supercharged and only running 12psi and making 170 hp. But Dodge has been making turbo cars since the early 70's with the turbo z and shelby. Experience helps in this case. But u still get the fuel economy of a sedan and the price of a typical 4 door. But the hp it provides all the fun.

Problems experienced with my 2005 SRT 4
By Charles on 12/03/04 19:17 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have not owned this car long but I have have had bad experience with this car.My first problems when i travling from L.A. to San Diego.Car started backfiring and losing a lot of power. This car had 1200 miles.The engine light came on.I was forced to leave the vehicle at a local dealership. I was stranded 50 miles from my destination.There roadside assistance was no help.My second bad experience when I was traveling to work same problem occurred.It appears the Barwick Auto Group tech did not fix the problem.I decided to bring the car to Rancho Auto grp. It apears the problems are coming from the crankcase sensor.I p/u car from Rancho Auto. Third time same problem-only 1800 mi on car.

Middle Age Crazy
By Bill9725 on 12/01/04 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love the extreme power. Fun watching the Young that know what it is, the older types just think it is a body dress kit. Excellent engine and handling, even able to fit large size adults nicely. Has outstanding Mileage, Power, and Handling. Everyone that gets a ride in the car is amaized at the abilitys of a basic economy car.

dodge neon
By gridrob on 11/26/04 07:54 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this car is so comfortable to drive and it gets excellent mileage. It is also very fun to drive.

e-ticket fun
By kws103 on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Looked at a bunch of cars in this size range. All of them that had any fun factor wound up to be at least $20K, and none of them even came close to the ride of the SRT-4 (I swear it would accelerate going straight up). I've had a number of sports cars in the past; this blows them away in terms of acceleration and handling both. And everyone who knows anything about sports cars literally drools over it (I've had people chase me down on the interstate just to take a gander at it). The only drawback is that I now have to drive everywhere. Everyone and his brother (and my kids and all my kids friends and ...) wants to ride in it!

Love My Neon
By Andra on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Simply a great car. Corners like it's on rails! Economical, safe and fun to drive! Great value for the money!

My Dodge SRT-4
By Harold B on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun car with plenty of pep. Handles like a Porsche and I had a Porsche in 1961

Neons Rule!
By ThebigTommyC on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The dodge neon is a great automobile I would recommend it for anyone. Its cheap and is great fro messing around with. I put on neon lights and a new grill on mine and it looks totally awesome. Buy a Neon!!!

i love my black 2004 neon sxt
By neon lover on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As you can see I love my neon. I have high aspirations of fixing it up with new side skirts and front and rear bumber. I already have a 7 color lcd underbody kit and I had a spoiler sunroof installed also. The one reason why I got the neon is that it is one of the most customizable cars on any lot. You can make your neon be whatever, look like whatever, and do whatever you want it to. Oh yea and did I tell you how much I love my neon! :)