Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Brakes
By Neon

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The brakes make such a noise - dealership and others say that this is way Neons are. Cannot be changed. Seems to me that if they can design other cars not to have this problem why they could not use the same technology to the Neon. Very unhappy with the car and such noisy brakes - and unhappy that the dealership and unhappy that Dodge/Chrysler seems ok with that. Also - know that the tank is only 10 gallons - always filling up.

Yes, radio/sound system is good. Not uncomfotable to sit in for long distances.

Get brakes that do not squeek so badly. Dodge made the decision for me - next car will be my first import.

Just purchased
By Angel

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would never have purchased a Dodge Neon had there not been any PT cruisers. After driving the Neon and seeing that it would indeed get the best gas miliage for the money, I couldn't turn it down. Come to find out I really love the little car and will enjoy driving it for the future.

Bought Another One!
By Christine

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This new baby replaced my old '96--so many of the bugs have been worked on that I'm even more pleasantly surprised than I expected. Gas mileage, even though the new one is auto and prior was manual--is still phenomenal. Only drawback is the significant lag in pickup, which I did not experience with my former Neon. (My former wasn't nearly as 'cool' looking though. Great to have a car I don't have to park a block away and sneak into places to avoid being seen)

Great interior and trunk room for such a compact--and yes, even at 40+, my favorite feature is still the incredible sound system.

More substantial interior seat fabric, of course those pesky rear windows....perhaps a ENT referral for environmental hearing loss

2005 Dodge Neon
By blueram13

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Economy car that provides good gas mileage and reliable transportation. Drives 80 miles a day to work. Last Neon (1998) drove 175,000 miles and only needed a head gasket. Very happy with all around performance.

A/C and Auto Trans. I always had a 5 speed transmission before this one.

Like it just the way it is.

Love my Mopar
By Lines44

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 98 was totaled in an accident but no one was hurt. I bought a new SXT and it's great. Fun to drive, peppy and good economy. Lots of little features. Noticibly quieter than the 98.

The little things - extra large cup holder, color keyed trim around the shifter and radio panel, fold down rear seats, lots otrunk room, great radio, CD and tape deck and a sun roof too.

Squeez a little more MPG out of the next generation. Offer leather interior!