Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

'05 Dodge Neon
By Karen B

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have to admit I wasn't impressed by the Neon's appearance the first time I saw it. Since buying one, I have thoroughly enjoyed the comfortable interior and sporty feel. I'm also very impressed with the power it has compared to our other car (also 4 cyl, but only 1.4L engine.) And I have to admit for stock speakers- they can really put out the bass.

It's a Cool Little Car
By Cheekymonkey478

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace my 1999 Ford ZX-2 due to electrical problems, so I did not have time to do a lot of car shopping. At first, I was not very enthusiastic about the Neon until I drove it. I love the body style, it's not the Neon I remember from the mid-90's. It's a great looking little car. I was pleasantly suprised with it's smooth ride and peppy 4 cylinder. I am a tall girl (5'10)and feel very comfortable behind the wheel. The interior is suprisingly roomy and the seats are very comfortable. Overall, the car is fun to drive and very stylish(it has a really cool front end and check out the spoiler). It is a great value for the money and its sporty good looks makes it a very cool little car.

Rocking sound system/cd player. Love the spoiler! Controls and display are easy to read. Stylish and sporty. It's a nice, smooth, quiet ride. Handles very smoothly and stops on a dime. Gas mileage is very good.

Put power windows in the back seat! That is the weirdest thing I've seen on a car in a long time. You have to crank the ones in the backseat.

New to cars.
By Trisstis

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Because of the recent hike in gas, I sold my '99 S-10 and made the move to a smaller car. It's a huge difference to go from 20mpg highway to 32! I have a long commute, so I needed a fuel efficient, reliable and sporty little car. I really got it in this one, and it has a great sound system. Only con is that it's really very silly to have power front windows...but not in the rear. Why did they do that?

Very good for price
By CAB

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a second car, cheap and economical. (Replacing a Corolla 99). It's less refined in the interiors but meet the requirements. It is more fun to drive, better equiped, and has outstanding audio (almost U$ 5000 less than Corolla, Civic and Mazda3 in Puerto Rico)An excellent car for the price!

Good grip and handling. Excellent audio. Very good price

Interiors (not bad at all) Rear windows crank

Pleasant surprise
By redneon

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was set on buying the Civic VP, but rerouted when I tried the Neon. A comfortable ride with peppy engine and good handling, though not nearly as smooth as the Civic. But it's far superior in styling and has a lot more personality than any other car in its price range. It's a better buy too After rebates/tax/tags/etc. I would've spent $14-15K for a 2-door auto Civic with only AC and CD. For $13K total I got a 4-door Neon with AC, CD (great sound), sport appearance (spoiler!), keyless entry, Identity security system, power package and heated side mirrors.

Great body styling for the price range; sports appearance package gets lots of looks. Interior's styling has a lot more personality than any other competitor. Cozy seats and fun to drive. Affordability a big plus, too.

The interior's cheap plastics and funky seat fabrics could use upgrading. The SXT's drivetrain--mine's a 4 speed auto-- is not as smooth as it could be and doesn't seem to take full advantage of the engine.