Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Good car
By good car

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really do like this car. The only thing is that I don't like the ride quality at a stop. It shakes too much but it makes up for that in the banging system you get for such a cheap price. This car also has a sporty feel to it

The system and the dash

Better ride quality

Wonderful car
By armywife10

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A wonderful car, I love the amount of trunk space, and I am a fairly tall person and there is more than enough leg room. The back seat holds 2 large car seats with plenty of extra room. The stereo system is awesome. It handles great at any speed.

Stereo system, large trunk

None that I can think of right now.

Suprised
By iggy

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Was suprised at the performance of the Neon. The fact that the rear windows aren't power doesn't bother me at all because I have a little one that could hit the down button a lot easier then she could roll one down manually. As far as gas mileage goes, I probably average 30 mpg and I drive more city than hwy, doing almost 3000 miles a month. For a nice car, but low payment, a Neon is well worth it.

The gas mileage, good braking (no nose dives if you know what I mean), and the interior molding is a nice touch as well as the standard LATCH system.

Standard 4-wheel ABS brakes and maybe an avalible power driver's seat on the sxt and srt-4.

Not a bad low end car, better than used!
By mkammer

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car that I have owned. With the current interest rates and promotions at the time, it simply made sense for the first time to buy new. Yes it is true that this is not a "Luxury" car. (Compared to our 1998 Buick LeSabre, many features are lacking). However the 5 speed stick is very responsive. The sound system is quite good, mileage very good. The only negative that I have seen is the clutch seems to "flutter" a bit in 2nd gear (sort of like a bungie cord). Overall I am very happy with the purchase. I have 13k miles with absolutely no maintenance issues whatsoever. (Also the 5mph rear bumpers really do work!) I was even complimented on my "Parking Style".

Stick is very responsive. Mileage is really never what you expect. I average 27 total including a low of around town driving. I have only broken 30mph a few times. But overall fuel consumption is good. The sound system is far better than you would expect.

Manual transmission in 2nd often feels like it is connected by a "bungie" coard. A bit of bounce from 1st to 2nd in freeway traffic is a bit anoying.

The Best Car I Ever Had
By Christina Harris

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has the best performance and duribility around. I have never had such a wonderful experience driving this car. It is very comfortable and spacious and kid friendly.

My favorite thing about the car is how you have more room when you fold down the back seats.

I wouldn't change anything about this car,