Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

2005 Dodge Neon SXT Sedan
By IDG

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this late in 2006 after deciding that I needed a cheap, good fuel-economy small car to go to work with and take for occasional longer drives in the Northeast corridor. I've been very satisfied with it so far. It's got strong brakes, is super-fun to drive, really stable on curves, and zips in and out of traffic like a dream. The kicker audio is just awesome and lets me keep the engine noise in check! Fuel economy is okay to good, but the tank's pretty small, about 12gallons. I'd buy this car again if Dodge made some improvements and put this out on the market again, say, in 2008.

Stability control, strong brakes, and stereo system. Good AC and heat, and great fun to drive for the price.

Need power rear windows. Better acceleration, capacity, and less engine noise. Also, not enough space to store CDs and stuff. The on/off button on the stereo is too close to the gear shift.

Dodge Neon '05 4D SXT
By rochfiriel

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Originally had a Stratus, needed to downsize. The cab room for driver and shotgun passenger side very similar. I like that. Back seats a bit smaller. Much better fuel economy for a Dodge. Sporty and neutral interior colors make for an enjoyable trip around town. I not only save on gas, I have fun driving it too.

Sporty body. Factory radio. Power locks. Neutral colors inside and out.

Squeaky brakes with in the first 7k miles. Dealership didn't find anything wrong with them.

Well built for a small car
By Nice Small Car

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A nice all around car! Better looking than most small cars. Handles great, good on gas. I would buy it again.

The style of exterior. Stereo. Powerful A/C and heat. A small, but peppy little car. It has a nice solid ride.

Power back windows, sunroof.

This 2005 Dodge Neon SXT is my 4th. Neon
By Marshall

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Dodge Neon SXT is very comfortable and fun to drive! This is my 4th Neon, and my SXT has comfortable seats for long trips. The Neon SXT is both a peppy and responsive car. The interior is very roomy with Daimler- Chrysler's "cab forward" design. The instrument panel looks rather nice with the white round indicators. I like the tachometer and the green jewel-like lit up instrument panel at night. The car has good brakes and a very good air conditioning system. The electronically controlled 4 speed automatic transmission has a good feel to it. The Neon SXT handles like a more expensive sports car. I like the looks and the feel of my 2005 Dodge Neon SXT! Neon SXT is a good buy.

Neon SXT shares the good-looking white round gas, speedometer, tachometer, and temperature guages that look like lit up green jewels at night. Neon SXT's standard AM/FM stereo radio with compact disc sounds rather well!

Bring Neon back!

Great fun little car
By andy

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Neon has had a bad reputation over the years but Dodge really hit something with the 2005. I bought it just because it had decent gas mileage, but it turned out to be better than I thought it would. I average around 30 mpg with a good variation of both city and highway driving. The sound system that came with it is awesome for it being factory installed. The outside looks great and it is a really sporty car. I love the smooth ride and comfortable interior it offers. I love the power that it has too. Nothing that will blow your socks off ,but it is a really quick car, especially for not being turbocharged.

i love everything about this car

A little bit quieter motor while stopped because the engine idles rough somtimes, but other than that the 2005 Neon is a great buy!!