Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Well built for a small car
By Nice Small Car

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A nice all around car! Better looking than most small cars. Handles great, good on gas. I would buy it again.

Favorite Features

The style of exterior. Stereo. Powerful A/C and heat. A small, but peppy little car. It has a nice solid ride.

Suggested Improvements

Power back windows, sunroof.

This 2005 Dodge Neon SXT is my 4th. Neon
By Marshall

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Dodge Neon SXT is very comfortable and fun to drive! This is my 4th Neon, and my SXT has comfortable seats for long trips. The Neon SXT is both a peppy and responsive car. The interior is very roomy with Daimler- Chrysler's "cab forward" design. The instrument panel looks rather nice with the white round indicators. I like the tachometer and the green jewel-like lit up instrument panel at night. The car has good brakes and a very good air conditioning system. The electronically controlled 4 speed automatic transmission has a good feel to it. The Neon SXT handles like a more expensive sports car. I like the looks and the feel of my 2005 Dodge Neon SXT! Neon SXT is a good buy.

Favorite Features

Neon SXT shares the good-looking white round gas, speedometer, tachometer, and temperature guages that look like lit up green jewels at night. Neon SXT's standard AM/FM stereo radio with compact disc sounds rather well!

Suggested Improvements

Bring Neon back!

Great fun little car
By andy

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Neon has had a bad reputation over the years but Dodge really hit something with the 2005. I bought it just because it had decent gas mileage, but it turned out to be better than I thought it would. I average around 30 mpg with a good variation of both city and highway driving. The sound system that came with it is awesome for it being factory installed. The outside looks great and it is a really sporty car. I love the smooth ride and comfortable interior it offers. I love the power that it has too. Nothing that will blow your socks off ,but it is a really quick car, especially for not being turbocharged.

Favorite Features

i love everything about this car

Suggested Improvements

A little bit quieter motor while stopped because the engine idles rough somtimes, but other than that the 2005 Neon is a great buy!!

'05 Dodge Neon
By Joe602

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car has comfortable setting and I really like the front grille.The car gets great gas mileage and with the way gas prices are going, I'm glad it takes very little money to fill it up.

Favorite Features

Front grille, CD player, cruise control and back/front lighting

Suggested Improvements

I think the engine could be a little bit more quiet.

Going from Dodge truck to Dodge car
By jonesnco

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2005 Neon SE for just over a month and feel it is a good car for the money - especially with rebates. I expected about 29 to 30 mpg given the EPA ratings but only got about 26 on the first take. It seems to have gained about 1 mpg every tank until it hit about 29.5 mpg. The performance is quite acceptable given the power of the engine although the transmission can shift oddly at slow speeds. I drove a manual for years so the behavior may be normal. My only complaints are some unattractive black styrofoam under the steering wheel column in the dash. It is visible and identifiable as styrofoam. There is no option to enable the power outlet when the ignition is off.

Favorite Features

Stereo sound is quite nice. Speaker placement is interesting but effective. Good power for the engine size. Convenient cup holder(s) for the driver. The car looks good from almost any angle.

Suggested Improvements

Give an option to enable the power outlet at all times - you do it for Dakotas, after all. Cover interior parts that look cheap or disguise them better. Larger rims as an option on the SE model would be nice.