2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Neon model:
Great Little Performer
By Bryan E. Rice on 02/19/05 09:57 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the two months I have owned my Neon SXT, I have been very satisfied with nearly every aspect. The five speed transmission could use a little more refinement, but the engine is peppy enough to satisfy everyday drivers. Fuel economy has been very good - averaging 27 MPG. One thing I love is the virtual lack of a power lag while the AC is on. My Neon's ride and handling are excellent for a small car. Cabin room is more than I expected - even my 6ft-2in tall best friend can sit comfortably in the rear seat. The interior design is clean, functional and solid, though I'm prone to accidentally hitting the stereo controls when I'm shifting. My Neon is a great car that I'm happy I purchased.

My Neon
By Blueram13 on 02/19/05 09:19 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Decent pickup power and roomy interior for a small car. Like the new styling and color over the 1998 Neon that was traded in. Seats also more comfortable over the 98.

Neon SXT
By George Russo on 02/17/05 00:52 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car for commuting. Comfortable with the pep that you need. I would definitely recomend this for a first car or for someone that drives a good distance for work. I like the 6 disk changer in the dash and the sound system, even though it could go a little louder.

Neons rock!
By Lis on 02/17/05 00:51 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm one of those who must own a car every three years. All but one have been Neons, and the latest is definitely the best. Noise level is drastically reduced. Gas mileage is excellent. Its wide wheel base hugs curves beautifully. Its pep makes it so much fun to drive! You think its small engine can't do much, but hit the interstate and take it to 70mph, and you'll see it really get up and go. There's still some road noise, but the awesome stereo takes care of that. The recent exterior redesign makes it look sharper than ever, and I love my car's electric blue color. It's a great car for a low price!

Awful, just awful!
By Bobby on 02/04/05 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Run away from this car as soon as you see it. I thought I was getting a good deal because of the price and it is the worst buy I made! Resale value is horrendous and it is in the shop more than on the road.

SXT with SRT DesignGroup Kicker
By SXT-SRT on 01/30/05 23:54 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got a 2005 SXT with the SRT-4 Design group and The Kicker Audio System all for $16,500. The best part is even with my lousy credit, I still was approved with Chrysler Financial for a 4.9% interest rate. Overall, the car is far superior to the first generation Neons in all areas. It feels more solid and well built than the 95- 99's. The manual transmission pulls the car much better than the automatic. With the dual exhaust, I've got some 0-60 times around 7.8 seconds.The fuel cut off doesnt kick in until about 7.2k on the tach, so thats an improvment. all it needs is the Indy intake manifold and a CAI and should be right around 6.9 - 7.2 for the 0-60

best new affordable car
By diane on 01/20/05 06:49 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our first new car. This car has plenty of room for our family. It is great on gas. The car is sporty lookiing and handles great. If you are looking for a nice looking car, buy this one. You won't regret it

Best Small Car Period
By Matthew on 01/02/05 03:45 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my pile of crap Chevy Cavalier which basically fell apart on me for my terrific new solar yellow Dodge Neon SXT. The car has been a delightfull suprise so far. I haven't put too much mileage on my vehicle as of yet. The car's performance is perfect. Tranny is a bit clunky when starting up and shifting into drive but otherwise the car is near flawless. Do yourself a favor and buy a neon for the new year!

Wisp
By William Freisinger on 12/30/04 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Handles well. Has good pickup speed. Comfortable seating. Excellent sound system.

Better than my Honda
By Blk Neon on 12/08/04 23:24 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car not the gas mileage I had hoped for. This car has a sporty look and handle very well. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun car to drive.