Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Gas mileage?
By moviebuff

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used. It was in Hawaii as a rental. This has been yet another great Dodge product! The only thing I don't get is that it gets better gas mileage at 75-80 MPH then at 65-70. I know another guy that had an older Neon and he said it didn't start running good until you got it up to at least 60 MPH+.

The radio is the best I've ever seen for original equipment.

The black cloth seats are just a bad idea!

Used to like it...
By Julie

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally loved my bright orange Neon SXT, but the thing has had nothing but problems since we bought it. Right now we are trying to figure out why the engine keeps sputtering and cutting out which, upon further research, is common in Neons. The fabric interior shows every wet mark that ever hits it and the car, both inside and outside, scratches and damages very easily. I love the look and color of my car, but that it about all anymore. I'm going to get rid of it the next chance I get.

Style, color

Many long-known about mechanical shortcomings that Dodge refuses to fix for whatever reason: interior engine oil leak, touchy engine, loud brakes, poor quality interior fabrics...

I love my Neon
By jessicaann2005

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Neon SXT came with the SRT4 exterior package. It is awesome looking and great on gas mileage and fits my whole family. I have looked forward to finally getting one for the past few years.

The srt4 body kit, gas mileage, and the interior is awesome!

Why did Dodge discontinue this model?
By jrb

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We operate this car in our courier business. It has a 5 speed manual trans. (Had been using Nissan hardbody pickups because of their reliability.) We have owned this car 2 years & 3 months; it has 225,000 miles on it. We are saving a lot of money, compared to the Nissans, on insurance, fuel, and maintenance. We use synthetic oil. Only maintenance we have had to do is spark plugs and wires and one timing belt. We use it city and highway driving over 400 miles per day at 32 mpg. This has probably been the most reliable "American" make I have ever owned. I cannot believe Dodge discontinued this model. It is too good to believe except that we have used it and seen it. Why did you end it Dodge?

5 spoeed manual trans., fuel economy, reliability.

Seat comfort not the best, road noise above normal.

Fun and inexpensive
By wax

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Neon. I love it. I blast around full throttle and still get close to 35 mpg. I think we drove every small car made before we made our decision. The only one that even came close to the performance of the Neon was the Mazda. I drive a lot of miles, and buy new cars often.

Dodge eliminated the Neon and did not replace it. Update and bring it back.