Used 2005 Dodge Neon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

BUY CHEAP....BUY TWICE!!
By Bob in Ohio

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cheap made economy car. Gets you from point A to point B and that's all the good things I have to say about it. Fuel economy is not very good for this size of car. BRAKES, BRAKES, BRAKES THEY SOUND LIKE A TRAIN COMING TO A STOP !!!!

Favorite Features

NOT MUCH

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING !!!

2nd Neon Purchace
By Kay

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Dodge Neon purchase. I bought the 2005 Dodge Neon STX model with rear spoiler this time. This model is sporty stylish and still turns heads. It's roomy and has pep when you put your foot on the gas. I love this car for the price and gas miles. Relieable so far.

Favorite Features

I really like the exterior. It is great with tinted windows.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy brakes, vibration inside the car when sitting at a light.

Very underrated car
By Rick

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my college-bound daughter after much debate vs. a small Honda or Toyota. Could not be happier with the decision. This car is stylish, fun to drive, trouble-free, and we saved a lot of money on the purchase vs. competitive models. We had a 1998 Neon and this redesign is a completely different automobile.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, dash design, solid feel, automatic door locks (great safety feature), good balance of power &and gas mileage, storage space for a compact model car.

Suggested Improvements

Keyed passenger door. Vents always blow some air unless switched to recycle mode.

Purchased for highway driving.
By Sean

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I commute to work, 40 miles each way, so a car advertising high gas mileage and low pricing was key. I bought the car in October '06 when the weather was changing. It made it through the winter no problem; starts promptly, never overheats but I have noticed a few things about the car: Gas mileage advertised is for 60mph. Anything over that, kiss the 32mpg highway goodbye. Engine idles at 6k rpm when stopped, which causes a slight vibration in the cabin. Coolant gauge's normal range varies between top end of cold and first quarter line. Brakes squeak. A lot. Don't be fooled though, they work extremely well! Dodge transmission, expect problems! Already rough at 41.5k.

Favorite Features

Reliable. Handles well. Fun to drive. Nice material chosen for seat cushions. Roomy! I'm a big guy too - 6'5, 250! CD player (Not MP3 CD player or multi-change). Nice sound system. Really good car so far, driven it 10k miles!

Suggested Improvements

5 speed automatic transmission. Tighter steering column (tends to shake, feel wobbly). Better seat design, can be uncomfortable on long drives.

Great car!
By modernmom

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for a general drive around. I have done 2 road trips from MO to MN. I love this car $60 for gas round trip! Great stereo, great handling, no repairs other than general maintenance. I love the 28-35 mpg. Nice get up and go. I am a 40 something mom and let me tell you this car makes me feel 25! I would recommend this car to anyone. Downside, noisy brakes and inconvenient console storage. Everything else is a win win!

Favorite Features

Handling, get up and go! Fuel mileage. Very cool look, awesome stereo

Suggested Improvements

Fix the noisy brakes. Reconfigure console/cupholder set up. Take the hump out of back seat so it is a true 3 seater back there.