2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (84 reviews )
My Favorite Car of All Time
By dezern on 06/06/13 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've always loved the SRT-4's, and when I was finally given the chance to get one I jumped on it fast. I love this car more than any other I've ever owned or driven before, she's incredibly smooth at high speeds, sticks to the road like you wouldn't believe, and will blow the minds of anyone foolish enough to think she's just a Neon. I have very minimal mods and the only thing that's given me any trouble was a 2013 Mustang GT that had been built quite a bit. 5.0s, S2ks, WRXs, I've never lost to them before with this mean little car. If you want something fast and practical, buy this car! Also, it is the meanest sounding four cylinder ever! Put a 3 inch side exhaust on her and she sounds evil

Does what it was made to do GREAT! Bullet proof engine
By qwiksilvertrav on 03/10/13 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car. Bought it new and have had it for 10 years now with 97k miles. Since 15k miles it's been running more hp/tq so putting extra stress on the engine. It now pushes almost 500 hp and the valve cover hasn't even come off...all bolt ons! Runs strong and it's STILL on factory internals. Unbelievable. Best bang for your buck period. Very solid car...have only had to replace wear and tear parts such as brakes, a wheel bearing, clutch, etc.

103,000 run hard
By 1oldwolf1 on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have owned my srt4 since new now has 103,000. In all this time replace battery and 2 sensors, just did 100,000 mile timing belt and seals. Uses no oil between 3000 mile oils changes run super at 103,000 mile just putting on 5th set of tires, mods cat-back tail pipe from Dodge, k&n filters, pillar Gage pod to add volts and oil pressure, bbs 7 inch rims with 225 x 45 x 17 tires (a must do) had after market Cruise add at the dealer before it came home. Options side airbags, sunroof from factory. Owen this car since 9 miles drive it everywhere 20 in city and 32 hi way at 103,000 miles. It a blast would not trade it for anything but a viper. I also Owen 1972 road runner 440 4 speed still love srt4 daily

A car to have.
By Miguel on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wanted one since the first day I saw it (had audi a6 biturbo quattro at that moment). Got it. The vehicle is superb, gives so much pleasure while driving. Been very reliable, never gave me any trouble whatsoever. Parts are inexpensive. Gets compliments all the time from both men and women. Exceeded my expectations in terms of interior quality. I put leather with blue stitches on top of a dashboard and all leather/alcantara steering wheel which made the interior look really expensive. Truly amazing American little muscle car. Nobody believes it's that cheap! Overall a fantastic car for this money. I am very happy to own one. It's really sad Daimler Chrysler decided to kill this model.

Fun to Drive Until ...
By MadatMopar on 05/24/10 04:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for about 1000 miles so far. I bought it with 65k and now has 66k. The engine burns oil, at least 2Q a week, and now there is a ticking sound. The motor is new as well as the turbo. The car is not drivable anymore and now requires a mechanic to diagnose and fix the problem. First Mopar vehicle and I am very dissatisfied. Stay away from the SRT-4 unless you have endless amounts of money to pay for repairs and parts.

Red SET 4
By Dragon on 01/19/10 12:43 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked for two years to find my SRT- 4. It was worth the wait and anticipation. I recently installed upgraded turbo, components and intercooler by Hahn's Racecraft. Estimated HP is 495. All I can say is hang on for dear life. Once in third gear you are gone. I fixed the transmission shift problem with a complete Hurst Shifter. I love this car. A true soon to be classic.

Fun , Fun, Fun!
By bennydojo on 08/06/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got mine brand spanking new, I can tell you other than a couple of warranty fixes early on it has been very reliable. This car is load of fun, when that turbo kicks in you better hold on tight to the steering wheel.

Funnnn
By srt forlife on 04/06/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for a year n bought it used but have had little issues with it mostly wear and tear. love the power and the look you get when u drive by someone lol. the gas milage isnt bad for what performance it puts out

2005 SRT-4
By MoparSRT-4Life on 02/04/09 08:59 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have always wanted a turbo-charges street legal car, and I'm a big Mopar fan, so why not. I bought an ACR Srt-4 Orange blast Neon. I have been researching them since they came on to the car scene in 2003, Couldn't get my hands on an ACR because only a limited amount of them where made in 2005. But finally found one, and got a great deal for the performance I got! All I can say mainly about this car is that ultimately if you're looking for something with power, and don't want to spend tons of money, buy an SRT-4. Don't let people fool you, it's not just a Neon!

Very fast for price
By dougie on 11/21/08 14:50 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned 2 SRT-4s. I love the power. A sleeper car that can run with cars that cost twice as much. Has issues on takeoffs but no problem on highways. Great for the family man that wants to have fun and have a family. Fell in love with the car first time I drove it.