Used 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

SRT-4 2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (85 reviews )

35000 Miles at 308 whp and 328 torque!!
By Singh

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A really strong engine. They are dynoed at 220 whp-230 whp stock. (They make about 250 hp at the crank). There is no need to build the stock engine with forged internals. I am now looking to go e85 with a big wheel stock turbo soon and according to my tuner I should be over 340 whp and over 400 lb ft torque.The srt-4 engine can handle 400 whp all day in stock form. At 110,000 miles the only thing I had replaced on the engine was the cam sensor, magnet and coil pack. Total cost of about $160. I have had no problem with the transmission. However I had many suspension related problem but this is typical with the any high mileage vehicle (especially american made) .

My Favorite Car of All Time
By dezern

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've always loved the SRT-4's, and when I was finally given the chance to get one I jumped on it fast. I love this car more than any other I've ever owned or driven before, she's incredibly smooth at high speeds, sticks to the road like you wouldn't believe, and will blow the minds of anyone foolish enough to think she's just a Neon. I have very minimal mods and the only thing that's given me any trouble was a 2013 Mustang GT that had been built quite a bit. 5.0s, S2ks, WRXs, I've never lost to them before with this mean little car. If you want something fast and practical, buy this car! Also, it is the meanest sounding four cylinder ever! Put a 3 inch side exhaust on her and she sounds evil

-This car has some crazy acceleration after about 2300 RPM. As soon as that turbo spools, she's gone! -I honestly love the styling of this car, the mostly open grill, the flamboyant spoiler and the beautiful wheels all make me smile when I look out at my baby. -Everyone loves bucket seats. Why? Because they're awesome.

Does what it was made to do GREAT! Bullet proof engine
By qwiksilvertrav

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car. Bought it new and have had it for 10 years now with 97k miles. Since 15k miles it's been running more hp/tq so putting extra stress on the engine. It now pushes almost 500 hp and the valve cover hasn't even come off...all bolt ons! Runs strong and it's STILL on factory internals. Unbelievable. Best bang for your buck period. Very solid car...have only had to replace wear and tear parts such as brakes, a wheel bearing, clutch, etc.

Performance, viper seats, sound

Some more creature comforts...but hey it was under 20k new and you're paying for a 5 second 0 - 60...not a classy interior. Have to cut corners somewhere to keep it at the price it comes at.

103,000 run hard
By 1oldwolf1

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have owned my srt4 since new now has 103,000. In all this time replace battery and 2 sensors, just did 100,000 mile timing belt and seals. Uses no oil between 3000 mile oils changes run super at 103,000 mile just putting on 5th set of tires, mods cat-back tail pipe from Dodge, k&n filters, pillar Gage pod to add volts and oil pressure, bbs 7 inch rims with 225 x 45 x 17 tires (a must do) had after market Cruise add at the dealer before it came home. Options side airbags, sunroof from factory. Owen this car since 9 miles drive it everywhere 20 in city and 32 hi way at 103,000 miles. It a blast would not trade it for anything but a viper. I also Owen 1972 road runner 440 4 speed still love srt4 daily

2.4 turbo, 5 speed, 4 disk with antilocks. stops very quick. fun on road course!

catback gains 4 mpg gauge pod with volts and oil pressure 7 x17 rims and 225 x 45 x 17 tires komho or handkook stage II kit with toys (turn down turbo for just driving) after market tail and head lights (better looking)

A car to have.
By Miguel

2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wanted one since the first day I saw it (had audi a6 biturbo quattro at that moment). Got it. The vehicle is superb, gives so much pleasure while driving. Been very reliable, never gave me any trouble whatsoever. Parts are inexpensive. Gets compliments all the time from both men and women. Exceeded my expectations in terms of interior quality. I put leather with blue stitches on top of a dashboard and all leather/alcantara steering wheel which made the interior look really expensive. Truly amazing American little muscle car. Nobody believes it's that cheap! Overall a fantastic car for this money. I am very happy to own one. It's really sad Daimler Chrysler decided to kill this model.

Power, turbo, brakes, exhaust,styling, seats, legroom in the back, trunk, sunroof, Kicker sound system, rims.

Transmission!! HID and LED lamps. Turn radius. Handling. Electric back windows. Plastic. Bigger and wider tires. Electronic climate control.